Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weinstein

LucidElement

1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

Were there not revolutions in countries because the rich and/or aristocrats had too much power and the common people fought for rights?  How do we keep getting to this stage?

Because you haven’t had a revolution over the matter yet.

Hoffman and Piven are on the "accused" list now. A few lesser known men are too. Even Peyton Manning can be found there. This brings up a point that might not be popular, but I think that it's important. First, some of these guys might be innocent. Second, some of the guilty guys might have done and/or said much less worse things than other guilty guys. Hoffman shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Weinstein, for instance. It's the same kind of thing with other crimes in that some activities shouldn't be in the same category.

3 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Hoffman and Piven are on the "accused" list now. A few lesser known men are too. Even Peyton Manning can be found there. This brings up a point that might not be popular, but I think that it's important. First, some of these guys might be innocent. Second, some of the guilty guys might have done and/or said much less worse things than other guilty guys. Hoffman shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Weinstein, for instance. It's the same kind of thing with other crimes in that some activities shouldn't be in the same category.

You’re right, the same way as accidental homicide is different to murder is different to serial killings.

someone might take umberance at someone “trying it on”, which reflects poorly on the person who tries it on, but isn’t indicative of a septic personality. So that’s the “so-and-so touched my breasts” level stuff, behaving like a ****** if you will. 

But that’s behaving like one. Now, beyond that we have “being a ******”. That’ll be the ones who are known for “wandering hands” (there are stories about certain individuals, potentially ones famous for giving cynical asides to camera on Netflix serials, bring notorious around London for their predatory behaviour). The ones who need to be driven out of the community and shunned, shunned all the way to gaol ideally. 

20 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You’re right, the same way as accidental homicide is different to murder is different to serial killings.

someone might take umberance at someone “trying it on”, which reflects poorly on the person who tries it on, but isn’t indicative of a septic personality. So that’s the “so-and-so touched my breasts” level stuff, behaving like a ****** if you will. 

But that’s behaving like one. Now, beyond that we have “being a ******”. That’ll be the ones who are known for “wandering hands” (there are stories about certain individuals, potentially ones famous for giving cynical asides to camera on Netflix serials, bring notorious around London for their predatory behaviour). The ones who need to be driven out of the community and shunned, shunned all the way to gaol ideally. 

I was thinking along the lines of groping and raping. The former, although wrong, isn't in the same category as the latter. People sometimes put relatively (key word) minor things in the same grouping as relatively (in comparison) major things. This is especially true when it comes to sex crimes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, F3SS said:

Omg, Andy Dick on the list now. Nobody surprised. 

http://movieweb.com/andy-dick-fired-movie-sexual-harassment-claims/

“My middle name is misconduct”

“I don’t grope people anymore”

”I promise I’ll stop licking faces” 

That's a story from the normal world. In the normal world, Bill Cosby was faithful to Camille during their decades of marriage, and he never even thought about other women. In the normal world, we explored space with Russia while we stayed out of Middle Eastern quicksand as Ron Paul prepared his next presidential campaign during his high-speed rail tour of America. We evidently experienced a shift in the time and space continuum after 9/11.  

• Like 2

I can't stop thinking how Kevin Spacey's case is made to move public opinion from Weinstein. In any case my memory of ' K-Pax' is bad now even tho it was one of my favorite movies.

Cases of abuse as one in Weinsten case should have been solved decades ago. If allegations are true then not only those who abused people are to blame but also the system. It is not only that Berlusconi had those wild party's, he got that idea from Hollywood.

11 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

I can't stop thinking how Kevin Spacey's case is made to move public opinion from Weinstein. In any case my memory of ' K-Pax' is bad now even tho it was one of my favorite movies.

Cases of abuse as one in Weinsten case should have been solved decades ago. If allegations are true then not only those who abused people are to blame but also the system. It is not only that Berlusconi had those wild party's, he got that idea from Hollywood.

Kevin Spacey made his own case, and it rightly was covered by the entertainment and news outlets. The Weinstein scandal made it more likely that it would be revealed. Things developed like a chain reaction when it was publicized. It was the first domino.

• Like 2

The ol' Z Man nails it again. This is from his essay, The Death of Hollywood:

I've argued on and off for a while now that we are at the end of a great cultural cycle. The old culture that was born and flourished in the 20 century is dead. We still have the structures and institutions from that era, but they are husks of themselves. There is no cultural energy to animate them and give them vibrancy. The collapse of Hollywood may be a sign of it. Movies and TV are artifacts of the last century. Like zombies, these institutions shuffle along, searching for brains, but they are finally collapsing into dust.

http://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=11881

• Like 2

Hollywood cannot fail soon enough to satisfy me. I don't watch TV any more, I don't watch movies any more. I don't like celebrities, don't like actors, directors, producers or any of these people.

They lecture from their pedestal about women's rights and other causes while turn a blind eye to rape and sexual exploitation in their own midst. And feign shock and outrage when uncovered, as if they all did not know. Biggest bunch of hypocrites on the planet. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I think that many of these guys think, before they are famous, "When I make the Big Time, I'll get any girl I want!" And so it becomes part of the fantasy.... "They'll all want me..." Once they are famous, or a major power broker, they act on it. It's incomprehensible to them that these women wouldn't want them or their attention as they see it as part of the "perks" of fame.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Russian Hare said:

Hollywood cannot fail soon enough to satisfy me. I don't watch TV any more, I don't watch movies any more. I don't like celebrities, don't like actors, directors, producers or any of these people.

They lecture from their pedestal about women's rights and other causes while turn a blind eye to rape and sexual exploitation in their own midst. And feign shock and outrage when uncovered, as if they all did not know. Biggest bunch of hypocrites on the planet. :rolleyes:

Case in point, George Clooney, who leaps to the defence of the harassed .... stands up for proven guilty rapist Roman Polanski. The whole shower of “this culture is sickening, it needs to change” brigade Iike Pitt and Clooney and Affleck all stand up for Polanski. 

• Like 1

I remember thinking years ago when Johnny Depp did a movie with Polanski and was calling him "a genius"... yeah, but would you let him babysit your daughter?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, skliss said:

I remember thinking years ago when Johnny Depp did a movie with Polanski and was calling him "a genius"... yeah, but would you let him babysit your daughter?

Depp’s a proven guilty wife abuser, WGAF what he thinks?

Bonfire night, elaborate Weinstein effigy burned! Love the picture :lol:

https://www.rt.com/uk/408819-weinstein-effigy-burn-fawkes/

Thousands of revellers have flocked to the burning of an effigy of Harvey Weinstein after a sleepy Kent village found an unusual way to mark its annual Guy Fawkes Night celebrations.

Remember remember, the great sex offender

The Hollywood pervert and big shot

With some vigorous squeezing, Weinstein's secretions

defiled a plant in its pot

9 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Depp’s a proven guilty wife abuser, WGAF what he thinks?

This was years before any of that happened.

13 hours ago, skliss said:

This was years before any of that happened.

Johnny Depp was drunk and/or high at a recent event. He turned into the poor man's Charlie Sheen. He changed over the years. He seemed just eccentric, not borderline psychotic, in the past.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:48 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Case in point, George Clooney, who leaps to the defence of the harassed .... stands up for proven guilty rapist Roman Polanski. The whole shower of “this culture is sickening, it needs to change” brigade Iike Pitt and Clooney and Affleck all stand up for Polanski. 

Its like watching people call all   the women who accused Trump of sexual impropriety liars (what is it 17?), its disgusting. 

Edited by Farmer77

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Its like watching people call all   the women who accused Trump of sexual impropriety liars (what is it 17?), its disgusting. 

Did they get paid to tell the "truth"?

Disgusting.

17 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Disgusting.

Care to expound? Are you saying all of Trumps accusers have been paid for saying he assaulted them? Care to provide some links ? 

46 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Disgusting.

24 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Care to expound? Are you saying all of Trumps accusers have been paid for saying he assaulted them? Care to provide some links ? 

17 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Bill Clinton is good friends with Jeff Epstein. Call my post equal time for extraneous political jabs in a thread about entertainment figures.

5 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Bill Clinton is good friends with Jeff Epstein. Call my post equal time for extraneous political jabs in a thread about entertainment figures.

My post was about an entertainment figure, a reality TV star LOL 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Touche! In that case, proceed at full speed. :D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I might be called a fanatic or a psychotic for this, but I'll say it anyway. I get a demonic vibe from much of this. I'm not a member of the Alex Jones fan club, but some conspiracy theorists don't seem so crazy right now. These creepy entertainment figures were untouchable for decades! An individual claimed that Polanski molested her when she was a ten-year-old girl! I would be surprised if it *wasn't* true. Watch freaking Woody Allen defend and support him. Check this out. Harvey Weinstein used Mossad agents and other people to intimidate and investigate his victims so that they wouldn't report his actions. Ehud Barak recommended a group to him! At this point, I'm rethinking Pizzagate. By the way, I don't think that any political party has a monopoly on this sickness. 

• Like 1