Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weinstein

LucidElement

18 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Thanks for that.  I was getting a little out of hand.  There are a lot of folks in the middle.  I try to call it when I see it, but I must admit I have some bias that runs so deep, it catches me unaware at times and I give a pass to someone I shouldn't.  There are a lot of bad folks on both edges and some in the middle too, and a lot of good folks too.

My disgust of the day was with Hillary.  She brags about giving 10% of her income to charity and says part of that will be Harvey's money.  Does she  not get it that Harvey's money has to be above and beyond her 10% if she wants say anything about her generosity?

Maybe the actions of the Left and Right edges will push the people in the middle into taking action.  

We all have our own biases. That's just human nature. That aside, there are some things that should be beyond Left and Right. Those things are in the realm of morality, not political partisanship. It's disappointing when some people put political partisanship before morality. It's a growing phenomenon that doesn't bode well for our future. We should condemn the actions of both Dennis Hastert and Harvey Weinstein with no regard for their political beliefs. That should be second nature.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

I am watching the house of cards crumble before my very eyes and I am extremely happy with the results. They are at each other's throats and tearing each other down, it is wonderful thing to see the fall of grace of those condescending and lying towards more than half the population of United States. Tinseltown and Silicone Valley troubles are snowballing downhill, a very long downhill, because what they been doing has been around for a long time. Karma that I been keeping a eye out for is massive, it is going to hit them hard and they will be feeling the effects for a very long time.

I hope that this helps other people find the courage to bring other crimes to light. This is especially true for celebrities who were abused by the system when they were boys and girls. The Singer case, which vanished from the news, showed that Corey Feldman was right when he said that there was a huge problem. It's the right time for him to name names.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah I know I do but its really more an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" type situation. 

I never bought that philosophy. My enemy is my enemy, and my friend is my friend.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I hate to think the parents would know and do nothing, but I know some of them did.

You can take that to the bank. Look at Michael Jackson's slumber parties.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Peter B said:

Once again, it helps to consider this problem in the context of less celebrity-related equivalents. For example, when parents leave their children at a childcare centre, or Sunday School, or school, the assumption is that they're in a safe location. Here in Australia anyone working in these fields (or anywhere where they're going to be coming into contact with children they're not related to) needs a Working With Vulnerable People ticket.

So I'd have thought that parents would only be able to leave their child stars with the production crew if the crew have their WWVP tickets (or whatever the American equivalent is). If people on the crew assault the children despite this, surely that isn't the parents' fault?

Background checks help to a certain extent, but they're not perfect. Maybe it's just best to have two or more adults present or close in all or most situations to protect both children and adults (from false accusations). I hate to think that it's come to this, and I'm won't to give in to societal panics, but you wonder if that's where we're at now. At the very least, parents should err on the side of caution.

21 hours ago, F3SS said:

There’s so much money, power, kickbacks, blackmail and bribery in Hollywood I’d be surprised to see this evolve into a stack of dominos falling. 

I'd be surprised if it doesn't. Barring some major event, we might see a ton of worms crawl out from this open can.

30 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Don't bet on that. Nobody touches me without my permission and very few men have every had that permission. 

maybe but didn't Ben Affleck get accused of something and it was laughed off.  I guess when you look like CT Granville and people just see your advances as flirty or desirable.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Peter B said:

Unfortunately we can't rely on Big Karma.

There are some people who manage to avoid being held to account for the crimes - and once again the name Jimmy Savile comes to mind. The same thing happened here in Australia where some people in various organisations (religious and otherwise) weren't revealed as sexual predators until after they'd died.

And of course, this happens with crimes other than sexual crimes too.

In the end it comes down to people being willing to report criminal acts. And that can be hard, depending on the circumstances of the complainant.

I believe in chaos more than karma. I've seen too many bad things happen to too many good people, as well as the reverse, although I know that I might not be using the best definition of "karma". Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein lived the high life for decades while they ruined the lives of much younger people who never even came close to success. There may be justice in the next life, but this life is a crap shoot. YMMV

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

maybe but didn't Ben Affleck get accused of something and it was laughed off.  I guess when you look like CT Granville and people just see your advances as flirty or desirable.  

During a live shoot she did what was best, if we're thinking of the same situation. I don't remember who she was. He would have gotten my wrath as soon as the camera was off though. Like a lot of these girls, they are fairly young, naive and don't know how to handle these things in the moment.

I nip it in the bud, because they only get worse if you let them get away with it once.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Peter B said:

If people on the crew assault the children despite this, surely that isn't the parents' fault?

Maybe not the first time but it is the parents fault the minute they find out if they do nothing about it.

37 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I hope that this helps other people find the courage to bring other crimes to light. This is especially true for celebrities who were abused by the system when they were boys and girls. The Singer case, which vanished from the news, showed that Corey Feldman was right when he said that there was a huge problem. It's the right time for him to name names.

For a very long time now I’d guess that Corey Feldman hasn’t had very much to lose for naming names. Don’t you think he’s been pretty much D-listed since the early 90’s? I know he’s had a messed up life though.

24 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I'd be surprised if it doesn't. Barring some major event, we might see a ton of worms crawl out from this open can.

Ever watch Ray Donovan? There’s probably a few Rays out there keeping people quiet.

Harvey Weinstein isn't the only one in trouble for allegation of sexual harassment, assault and abuse of women, esp. they work for him: Oliver Stone and Dave Coulier now in the headlines for the same things. And should I add Bill Cosby, Bill O'Reilly, Bill Clinton (all are named Bill)...and even president Donald Trump??? Yesterday was a feminist holiday - the International Day of the Girl (the day of the Woman is on March 8) and Facebook was set on fire with comments about how much men in power maltreat women subordinates in the entertainment/media world, the government and workplace culture. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Maybe not the first time but it is the parents fault the minute they find out if they do nothing about it.

For a very long time now I’d guess that Corey Feldman hasn’t had very much to lose for naming names. Don’t you think he’s been pretty much D-listed since the early 90’s? I know he’s had a messed up life though.

Ever watch Ray Donovan? There’s probably a few Rays out there keeping people quiet.

I have the DVDs. There are Ray Donovans out there. You can put only so many fingers in so many dykes, though. We have some huge dams that probably will simultaneously blow and burst. As for Corey Feldman, I think that he's afraid of lawsuits. He claimed that a very famous person abused him. It was him or Corey Haim. Eh, I think that most of these guys are too cowardly to do the right thing. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Dave Coulier?!

http://www.celeb****y.com/19864/alanis_morrissette_says_she_was_the_victim_of_statutory_rape/

This came out 9 years ago, but resurfaced in the news. Alanis Morrissette might be bringing this up again, more actresses are coming forward to discuss their experiences with sexual assault and harassment behind the scenes in entertainment.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Dave Coulier?!

I would have guessed Bob Saget before him. We're gonna have a full house of celebrity leches soon.

2 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

As for Corey Feldman, I think that he's afraid of lawsuits. He claimed that a very famous person abused him. It was him or Corey Haim. Eh, I think that most of these guys are too cowardly to do the right thing. 

Corey F. said Corey H. was raped by one of the men when he was 11. He was never the same. Corey F. managed to stay away from the worst of the sexual abuse. He wasn't nearly as cute though.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

Harvey Weinstein isn't the only one in trouble for allegation of sexual harassment, assault and abuse of women, esp. they work for him: Oliver Stone and Dave Coulier now in the headlines for the same things...

It gets to the point where you just can't avoid the assumption that everyone in Hollywood is either abusing somebody, or being abused. 

I think that anyone that wants to get involved in that industry should have to take a mental exam of some kind ... and only the ones that fail should go ahead with it.

Come to think of it, that's probably the case right now, given what's happening there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Michelle said:

Corey F. said Corey H. was raped by one of the men when he was 11. He was never the same. Corey F. managed to stay away from the worst of the sexual abuse. He wasn't nearly as cute though.

I couldn't recall if one or both were abused. I thought that it was Haim, but I wasn't absolutely certain. The abuse likely led to Haim's downward spiral that led to his early death. These abusers should be imprisoned for years. Feldman needs to find his spine to prevent future crimes. He lost his best friend and acting partner to this horrid system. He could save lives. This is a good time to reveal those huge names. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

He lost his best friend and acting partner to this horrid system. He could save lives. This is a good time to reveal those huge names.

I agree. It's time to blow this thing wide open at every level. Men have been getting away with this kind of crap for too long. I've had teachers in middle school to bosses as an adult who were huge leches. I taught each one of them a lesson I guarantee they never forgot. The problem is they just go somewhere else and victimize other innocents.

I thought the laws had changed a lot since then, but I suppose they haven't. The police are pulling up records of complaints since the 80's on these people...all over the world.

• Like 2

I remember when Jackie Collins wrote Hollywood Wives.  There was a huge stir in Hollywood.  There were rumours of lawsuits, but if someone actually did sue, everyone would know who she was describing.  

Now, after the accusations towards Casey Affleck, I am not surprised about big brother Ben.  I am sure that there will be a lot more coming out on numerous higher ups in Hollywood soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

I agree. It's time to blow this thing wide open at every level. Men have been getting away with this kind of crap for too long. I've had teachers in middle school to bosses as an adult who were huge leches. I taught each one of them a lesson I guarantee they never forgot. The problem is they just go somewhere else and victimize other innocents.

I thought the laws had changed a lot since then, but I suppose they haven't. The police are pulling up records of complaints since the 80's on these people...all over the world.

It isn't just men abusing power in Hollywood, women are abusing their positions as well. It is a human thing to take advantage of the situation we been thrust into, but sadly many people don't resist the temptation to abuse that power.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2017 at 7:13 AM, Peter B said:

Having said all that above, I have no idea about the specific accusations people have made against Weinstein. He's certainly entitled to the presumption of innocence.

But then there's the conversation recorded by New York police back in 2015, the transcript of which is in this article: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-11/harvey-weinstein-full-transcript-of-audio-with-ambra-gutierrez/9037268

Judge for yourself...

That's the thing...he's actually on tape admitting he groped that woman and that she didn't want him to. And there he is trying to coerce her to come in his room while he hops in the shower. 

And still all these women are "opportunists." 

Some people abuse their power. Is it so hard to believe that a guy like Weinstein who could make or break the careers of gorgeous young women might do that? 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

It isn't just men abusing power in Hollywood, women are abusing their positions as well. It is a human thing to take advantage of the situation we been thrust into, but sadly many people don't resist the temptation to abuse that power.

And how many women are in really influential positions in Hollywood?

Don't think it only happens in Hollywood. I've deflected lewd comments and inappropriate actions since I was eleven years old. It happens every day, in every country, in every atmosphere and we all have to deal with it. I doubt most guys could say the same.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

And how many women are in really influential positions in Hollywood?

Don't think it only happens in Hollywood. I've deflected lewd comments and inappropriate actions since I was eleven years old. It happens every day, in every country and we all have to deal with it. I doubt most guys could say the same.

Younger than that, for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Younger than that, for me.

Younger than that for me too, but it was much rarer.

• Like 1