Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weinstein

LucidElement

Just now, kartikg said:

she should donate that money to some charity which helps such victims. 

Look like her PR guy was on the ball.

Hillary to Donate Weinstein Campaign Money

"Of course I will do that. I give 10% of my income to charity every year. This will be part of that. There's no doubt about it," Clinton said.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Look like her PR guy was on the ball.

Hillary to Donate Weinstein Campaign Money

Seriously, no wonder the Russians are laughing. It keeps getting better and better :rolleyes:...

Just to add, I love America. Got family there, and have usually always had a great time. The American people themselves have always been wonderful, polite and courteous. I wish you all well...as far as your politics goes. It's truly a big machine. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

Yeah, I get that part about Hollywood. Iv'e stayed there, West Hollywood to be precise....it's not a nice neighbourhood to stay, gun shots in the middle of the night, police sirens, and walking in pools of blood the next day didn't really do it for me....but hey! what can I say. I'm not a fan of Ben Affleck, I never was....so I'm not sure where he comes into the fallout of this. 

After Matt Damon and Ben Affleck had no luck touting their script of Good Will Hunting to other Hollywood producers, Harvey Weinstein agreed to produce the movie. I guess that was the power of the man - people like Affleck and Damon are going to be slow to criticize someone who made them extremely rich mega-stars.  

• Like 4

I’m a little surprised about Affleck too. He’s always seemed pretty down to earth. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Yep, but both sides do that.  

But here is the problem with "their" side and "our" side:  Hillary and Bill are hyenas, and you can bad mouth them and you know what?  I know that, I don't like or associate with them, I stay away.  I know that they are hyenas.  But then you say, "O. but we are lions we have a pride, we would never do that."  Well I feel like an antelope or a cape buffalo on the plains.  Neither the Left or the Right is on my side.  You both want me and my family for dinner.  And if one of you doesn't get me, the self serving parasites in Congress will.

We should be talking about Cosby, Woody Allen and Polanski among others on this thread and not have dragged in politics.   I am guilty of that digression too.  We should also take an honest look at our society. You have seen with the Cosby case how much power a notable figure can wield against a nobody.  Peter B got it right.  Maybe we should at least examine the claims of women and children when they say something about being taken advantage of, and not dismiss them.  It is not just the powerful person who abuses them but society they have to contend with when they come forward.  We are not very supportive.

Consider the assumptions and absurdity of people commenting on a woman's dress and saying she is asking for it, or the fact that she got drunk at a party. That is giving males the permission to abuse a vulnerable or exposed person.  Not a very heroic or manly standard for our society.  That is like a mugger defending himself by saying his male victim was in a fine Italian 3 piece suit and wearing a Rolex watch so he was asking for it.

I agree with most of that, but I take issue with at least one thing. I definitely *don't* say that "we would never do that". I always condemn conservatives and/or Republicans when they do and/or say horrid things. The high-five crowd might like that comment, but it's not true. Trump said a lot of disgusting and disturbing things, and I supported him due to the fact that Hillary was worse. I also strongly condemned rapist Bill Cosby, which put me at odds with "lions". You assumed too much, and I had a lot more examples to add to my list of bad right-wingers. I never was a fan of those kinds of double standards.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, and then said:

That's my fault.  I put in my 2C over your clarification of the word "tribe".  I simply made the point that Jews who vote Democrat are thought by many Jews in Israel to not be Jews at all.  They are of the Democrat faith ;)  Sorry for the confusion.

There's no need to apologize. You just had a normal conversation with me, and it was taken out of context by someone else. It made it seem like you and I made anti-Jewish comments after I said that it *wasn't* about Jews in my reply to Farmer's post. You did absolutely nothing wrong.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Huh? You guys? So there are a bunch of other folks on here calling Obama a war criminal? 

Well since im not a democrat and actually have voted against every one of the people involved in this every chance Ive had in 20 years of political activity  im gonna go ahead and say no, no you're not right. 

Honestly all snarkiness aside the fact that people so quickly dismissed BOTH Hillary and Trump's relationship with Epstein during the election made my blood boil, still does. So to see people trying to indict ANYONE for their relationship with Weinstein comes off as the most disgusting form of hypocrisy. 

You sound like a Democrat hack in the posts that I read, so I stand corrected, and I'll remember your clarification. That aside, it's fine to condemn some folks' relationships with a known creep and freak like Weinstein. There's no need to add the asterisk of "Trump too". It is what it is, man.

• Like 2

He's the first domino to fall. Ben Affleck is the second, and there likely will be more. You might witness a celebrity and politician version of the six degrees of separation phenomenon. This will look tame if Corey Feldman finds the courage to name names. He claims that he and other child actors dealt with pedophile versions of Harvey Weinstein. There's no reason to doubt him. Just look at the Springer scandal that strangely dropped off the radar screen. Hear those scores of dominoes as they fall this Fall. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

This will look tame if Corey Feldman finds the courage to name names. He claims that he and other child actors dealt with pedophile versions of Harvey Weinstein.

He said years ago that is one of the main reasons his friend Cory Haim killed himself. They brushed it under the rug. The cover-up has been going on since silent pictures.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

He said years ago that is one of the main reasons his friend Cory Haim killed himself. They brushed it under the rug. The cover-up has been going on since silent pictures.

Disney hired one of those guys to direct "Powder". Walt Disney likely rolled over in his grave when that *Weinstein affiliate* hired a pedophile. He was a convicted molester too. How fitting and proper that Woody Allen's alleged son, Ronan Farrow, put the ball in motion.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Disney hired one of those guys to direct "Powder". Walt Disney likely rolled over in his grave when that *Weinstein affiliate* hired a pedophile. He was a convicted molester too. How fitting and proper that Woody Allen's alleged son, Ronan Farrow, put the ball in motion.

Growing up in a redneck bar I learned how to deal with these kinds of people and I am so glad. I at least had people close keeping me safe. It prepared me for what was to come. A lot of child actors were exposed to people and had no idea what they were in for and no idea how to handle it.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Growing up in a redneck bar I learned how to deal with these kinds of people and I am so glad. I at least had people close keeping me safe. It prepared me for what was to come. A lot of child actors were exposed to people and had no idea what they were in for and no idea how to handle it.

I spent a few days in such places myself.  It brings to mind the old song "I GOT FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES"  ;) 

• Like 5

What I find difficult to comprehend, is how this man just jumped a plane, and took off...before being apprehended. Did he have his own private jet ?.....I mean seriously, why was he allowed / able to do this ?.....sheesh! and what a yellow-bellied coward.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Astra. said:

What I find difficult to comprehend, is how this man just jumped a plane, and took off...before being apprehended. Did he have his own private jet ?.....I mean seriously, why was he allowed / able to do this ?.....sheesh! and what a yellow-bellied coward.  

No warrants had been issued so he was as free to travel as any other citizen.  The fact that he hasn't fled to Europe or some other area that won't extradite tells a lot of what he thinks of his chances of ever being jailed.  Remember that if he is arrested and tried, it will happen in the district where the crimes allegedly occurred.  Regardless what is being said publicly, he probably still OWNS any jury pool in H'wood - L.A.   And yeah, the dude is a greasy swine by ANY standard.  I bet there are a lot of smaller piglets out there who aren't sleeping as well today.  This could become an earthquake of sleaze, OR it could just die quietly.  Enough $ can cause severe memory disturbances.

• Like 4

There’s so much money, power, kickbacks, blackmail and bribery in Hollywood I’d be surprised to see this evolve into a stack of dominos falling. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, and then said:

No warrants had been issued so he was as free to travel as any other citizen.

Thanks for explaining this 'and then'....but surely there are warrants out now for his arrest. Surely no ordinary Joe Blow could get away with this.

The fact that he hasn't fled to Europe or some other area that won't extradite tells a lot of what he thinks of his chances of ever being jailed.  Remember that if he is arrested and tried, it will happen in the district where the crimes allegedly occurred.

His wealth should have nothing to do with him being above the law though. He needs to come out of hiding, grow a back-bone and face the music.

Regardless what is being said publicly, he probably still OWNS any jury pool in H'wood - L.A.   And yeah, the dude is a greasy swine by ANY standard.  I bet there are a lot of smaller piglets out there who aren't sleeping as well today.  This could become an earthquake of sleaze, OR it could just die quietly.  Enough $ can cause severe memory disturbances.

My gosh, the smaller / or even the bigger pigets probably don't want him to be found. I would imagine that there would be a whole lotta VIP names on his list that he would bring down if /when faced with a trial. Lets face it, nobody likes to go down alone in a sinking ship. Thing is tho, surely he can't keep hiding forever. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

There’s so much money, power, kickbacks, blackmail and bribery in Hollywood I’d be surprised to see this evolve into a stack of dominos falling. 

Yeah, the buck will stop somewhere, just wonder how far it'll stretch.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Astra. said:

Thing is tho, surely he can't keep hiding forever. 

Julian Assange has done that quite well. There are ways.

• Like 3

Just now, F3SS said:

Julian Assange has done that quite well. There are ways.

Yes, that's right. I forgot about that little worm.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WoIverine said:

Yeah, the buck will stop somewhere, just wonder how far it'll stretch.

True, maybe they should start closing down his banking accounts etc....you know, starve him out. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I agree with most of that, but I take issue with at least one thing. I definitely *don't* say that "we would never do that". I always condemn conservatives and/or Republicans when they do and/or say horrid things. The high-five crowd might like that comment, but it's not true. Trump said a lot of disgusting and disturbing things, and I supported him due to the fact that Hillary was worse. I also strongly condemned rapist Bill Cosby, which put me at odds with "lions". You assumed too much, and I had a lot more examples to add to my list of bad right-wingers. I never was a fan of those kinds of double standards.

Thanks for that.  I was getting a little out of hand.  There are a lot of folks in the middle.  I try to call it when I see it, but I must admit I have some bias that runs so deep, it catches me unaware at times and I give a pass to someone I shouldn't.  There are a lot of bad folks on both edges and some in the middle too, and a lot of good folks too.

My disgust of the day was with Hillary.  She brags about giving 10% of her income to charity and says part of that will be Harvey's money.  Does she  not get it that Harvey's money has to be above and beyond her 10% if she wants say anything about her generosity?

Maybe the actions of the Left and Right edges will push the people in the middle into taking action.  

• Like 3

As the story unfolds, it appears that he had a lot of enablers around him.  Will they turn on him now because they were afraid of him, or will they be loyal helpers because they are somehow invested in him?  The whole thing is bigger and sadder than just one guy.  It goes further than Hollywood and New York and the film industry.   When the facts are verified, if we as a society are quicker to expose and stop this behavior in the future, we will be a little bit greater.  And safer.

• Like 4