Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sarah Silverman loves America

OverSword

Im so not a Sarah Silverman fan but damn that was actually somewhat good. 

For those who didnt make it to the end she actually goes on in her monologue to comment on how hollywood liberals are condescending 

48 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im so not a Sarah Silverman fan but damn that was actually somewhat good. 

For those who didnt make it to the end she actually goes on in her monologue to comment on how hollywood liberals are condescending 

Well, she isn't wrong.

"Show us your ****ing taxes, you emotional child," said Silverman, while wearing her hair in pigtails. "You like being a superficial bully? Here's one for you: you're a three at best."

She was only addressing the President lol She does get points for criticizing both sides, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

Well, she isn't wrong.

She was only addressing the President lol She does get points for criticizing both sides, though.

Yeah I was just surprised at the criticizing both sides thing. 

Generally I find her gross LOL 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah I was just surprised at the criticizing both sides thing. 

Generally I find her gross LOL 

Somewhat OT: do you find any female comedians to be on par with male comedians?

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Somewhat OT: do you find any female comedians to be on par with male comedians?

I have to be completely honest, no I really don't.  Maybe its sexist of me but I find the majority of female stand up comedians to be gross. ...well Anjelah Johnson is kind of a high end 60/40 (she looks really good at 60 feet away while doing 40MPH) but her comedy is just OK 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I have to be completely honest, no I really don't.  Maybe its sexist of me but I find the majority of female stand up comedians to be gross. ...well Anjelah Johnson is kind of a high end 60/40 (she looks really good at 60 feet away while doing 40MPH) but her comedy is just OK

It's not sexist at all. Like Jerry Seinfield infamously said, "funny is funny." I think a big problem with female comics is that they try too hard to emulate male comedy instead of just coming up with their own unique, funny ideas. Now, is that because of biology? Is it because of how they perceive the comedy industry? Richard Dawkins wrote an article about this very topic a few years ago. It was met with a ton of female comic backlash but his ideas are interesting.

"The desire for women to be funny is tremendously less than it is for men." 

He argues that men have an inherent desire to be funny because it historically lead to more mating prospects. The genetic disposition for women to have that "comedy gene" just never manifested the same way. I have no idea if that's accurate but interesting nonetheless.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

He argues that men have an inherent desire to be funny because it historically lead to more mating prospects. The genetic disposition for women to have that "comedy gene" just never manifested the same way. I have no idea if that's accurate but interesting nonetheless.

That actually makes a lot of sense 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Barf-Bridgette-Barf-tdi-bridgette-240977

Same woman who called for Americans to otherthrow Trump and compare him to Hitler before he was even president! She's not even consistent in her views, she is flip flopping when it comes to important topics. If she truly loved America, she would have apologized for her divisive behavior this past year and try to understand other's views instead of attacking them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Same woman who called for Americans to otherthrow Trump and compare him to Hitler before he was even president! She's not even consistent in her views, she is flip flopping when it comes to important topics. If she truly loved America, she would have apologized for her divisive behavior this past year and try to understand other's views instead of attacking them.

So what youre saying is that people should apologize for divisive behavior yet Ive never seen you say Trump should apologize for his divisive behavior....hmmmmmmm perhaps its not divisive behavior you have a problem with as much as people who you disagree with speaking out  ;) 

15 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Well there is that.

And also, the video is the promo trailer for her new TV show called "I Love America", kind of a talk show in which she does monologues and talks to folks from all over the U.S. to get their points of view on things in the hopes of us all understanding each other better. I don't like her humor much, but I can appreciate what the show premise is supposed to be about.

• Like 3

She's a member of Generation X, but she fits in well with the "look at me" section of Millennials. She goes way too far to be obnoxious and offensive, and she gets a pass from simps due to her attractive appearance. It seems like the best comedians are no longer with us. The "edgy" ones really aren't because they merely parrot the Democratic elite party line, and there's nothing brave about that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rashore said:

Well there is that.

And also, the video is the promo trailer for her new TV show called "I Love America", kind of a talk show in which she does monologues and talks to folks from all over the U.S. to get their points of view on things in the hopes of us all understanding each other better. I don't like her humor much, but I can appreciate what the show premise is supposed to be about.

Do hope it she doesn't encourage people to express their views, then use the platform to bash them over the head for their views.

Yes, I've seen her standup routine on HBO.

You've heard the term "nasty"?

That's her.

That video was painful to watch, I had to force myself to get past the [2:00] mark.

• Like 2

I've never understood how she achieved her fame.  I don't find her funny at all.  

I agree with those who think that females are not as funny as males.   I think it is because most tend to go for the "shock" comedy that wears off after a bit.  At first it is interesting to hear a female comedian mention sexual stuff, but not for long.

12 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

Do hope it she doesn't encourage people to express their views, then use the platform to bash them over the head for their views.

Some views are worthy of a head bashing.(not in a literal sense of course)

13 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

I'll won't be surprised if the only people she interviews are on the left, with the exceptions being people who are so far right that the right looks ridiculous.

• Like 1