Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evidence of a massive lake discovered on Mars

UM-Bot

Mars gets more and more interesting as time goes all. Now all we need to do is find some buried remnants of a civilization with space travel abilities and we can speculate the Martians are the "missing link" in our evolution. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, paperdyer said:

Mars gets more and more interesting as time goes all. Now all we need to do is find some buried remnants of a civilization with space travel abilities and we can speculate the Martians are the "missing link" in our evolution. 

Or that we are the missing Martians! 

• Like 5

Someone please correct me if I'm confusing fiction with fact ,but....Haven't river channels been seen on Mars ?    If so, a lake bed shouldn't be a big surprise?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lightly said:

Someone please correct me if I'm confusing fiction with fact ,but....Haven't river channels been seen on Mars ?    If so, a lake bed shouldn't be a big surprise?

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/10/11/mars-once-had-lake-10-times-larger-than-great-lakes.html

Scientists have known for some time that Mars once had lots and lots of water — in fact, some of it is still there — but exactly where it existed on the planet has been pretty difficult to figure out thanks to billions of years of surface erosion. Now, NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter has discovered one place on the red planet that held a whole bunch of the life-giving liquid: an incredibly massive lake that, during its peak, held ten times the amount of water of all the Great Lakes, combined.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

Looks like the poor wee Martians died of thirst.

• Like 2

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, paperdyer said:

But we evoled on Earth...i like the idea my ancestors were once cavemen, but i doubt early man would have come from Mars, they invented to wheel here, not on Mars.

My point is, i believe our "seed" could have come here from another planet on a comet,  but it did not come here as a human. It is also posible we evolved from something already on this planet purely because the conditions changed.

If a martian had come here....and it was our missing link, then to have had the know how to build a craft to get here,  why did the Martians then go backwards before going forwards to evolve?

Edited by freetoroam

6 hours ago, taniwha said:

Looks like the poor wee Martians died of thirst.

On the surface yes but we dont know underground

• Like 1

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

But we evoled on Earth...i like the idea my ancestors were once cavemen, but i doubt early man would have come from Mars, they invented to wheel here, not on Mars.

My point is, i believe our "seed" could have come here from another planet on a comet,  but it did not come here as a human. It is also posible we evolved from something already on this planet purely because the conditions changed.

If a martian had come here....and it was our missing link, then to have had the know how to build a craft to get here,  why did the Martians then go backwards before going forwards to evolve?

Well, if the Martians did come and are the missing link, our world would not of had been ready for their technology with no way to duplicate it with the native "work force".  It's doubtful all the Martian would have been able to escape or bring everything with them.

• Like 1

The fact there is evidence of an ancient lake is no indication of a civilization.....plant life and some form of water creatures would be more likely......for starters.

• Like 1

True, but I feel that we just didn't evolve into what we are without a bit of help along the way.

Its funny somehow that always when there is a discussion about possible life on Mars in the past, its assumed that there were "Marsians", means, somehow human like beings and its assumed that there was a kind of civilization maybe. Just to relativize, there are >2M life forms on Earth and only one is able to space travel and there has never been an intellectual/cultural exchange between us and one of the rest on the 2M life forms. (No, tree-hugging does not count).

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

True, but I feel that we just didn't evolve into what we are without a bit of help along the way.

What you feel is irrelevant to science. What you can provide evidence for is all that matters. Belief is for religion, fact is for science.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2017 at 3:25 PM, TaintlessMetals said:

Just another small piece of the puzzle in the slow drip of full disclosure...

Slow drip ?...and full disclosure of what ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Astra. said:

Sorry but the last time I touched that subject matter openly here it got extremely confrontational, the thread was even shut down. Nope I'll just stick to my vague comments :)

1 hour ago, TaintlessMetals said:

Sorry but the last time I touched that subject matter openly here it got extremely confrontational, the thread was even shut down.

Once bitten huh ? ;)..

1 hour ago, TaintlessMetals said:

Nope I'll just stick to my vague comments :)

Ok, please yourself. But that's no fun <_<...

:P...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if ancient humans migrated to earth from Mars millions of years ago after climate change and natural disasters caused by the sun?People ask where’s the evidence but think about it the dust from bones are gone in a thousand years unless preserved somehow ,who knows what happened but I believe there’s more than mainstream science is telling us...Are we aliens?

Edited by Smarty Throusers

On 10/17/2017 at 7:13 PM, Astra. said:

Full disclosure of extraterrestrial life...