Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A frozen thread

ouija ouija

This is about the 'What's Your Laptop Wallpaper?' thread, by sees. I went to this thread but was unable to post my wallpaper pic there, so decided to see if I could do it by using my 'snip tool'. The picture I snipped was deemed too big and then the thread froze. I had to close UM entirely and start again. Each time I go to the thread with the aim of removing the giant picture from the window you type in, everything freezes and a message comes up saying it's trying to fix the problem but can't. Please can someone un freeze me! :(

Sorry to hear you are having this problem, and especially so since it involves my thread!

I am not techno savvy but I did quick google search and found this

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-unfreeze-a-laptop-computer

hope it helps! :unsure2:

• Like 1

:lol: hahaha! I just went to the link you suggested and thought 'this looks good and easy to follow', then a large window popped up asking for my email address so that they could send information to me. I didn't want to do this and tried to close the window ............................. but it's frozen in place!!!!! :lol:

19 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

:lol: hahaha! I just went to the link you suggested and thought 'this looks good and easy to follow', then a large window popped up asking for my email address so that they could send information to me. I didn't want to do this and tried to close the window ............................. but it's frozen in place!!!!! :lol:

OMG!!  :o  So sorry...on reflection I see it gave basic info which you may have known, e.g. CTRL + ALT + DEL?  blush.gif  Presumably you managed to get out of it i.e. you made this post!?

Have you tried doing a virus scan?

https://www.maketecheasier.com/why-windows-computer-freezes/

Edited by sees

Try clearing out your browser's cache / temporary Internet files.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Saru said:

Try clearing out your browser's cache / temporary Internet files.

Thanks Saru, that's worked. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sees said:

OMG!!  :o  So sorry...on reflection I see it gave basic info which you may have known, e.g. CTRL + ALT + DEL?  blush.gif  Presumably you managed to get out of it i.e. you made this post!?

Have you tried doing a virus scan?

https://www.maketecheasier.com/why-windows-computer-freezes/

Sorry, I didn't explain that clearly: the frozen pop-up window only stopped me from looking at the site you linked to. When I moved back to UM it didn't follow me.

• Like 1

Oops.

Different kinda Frozen thread.

• Like 1