Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream and a death - help

Muggle

Hello,

On Tuesday afternoon I had a dream that I was trying to stop a car that had lost control. It landed in the river close to where I live. The car was then dragged quickly along by the current before the water became too deep and then it began to sink. I remember thinking to stay calm and take a deep breath before the air ran out, then I woke up. I kept thinking about the dream but never mentioned it to anyone.

A friends relative went missing on Tuesday and they found her car in the river near by here yesterday. 

It’s probably a coincidence but I’m feeling a little disturbed by this.

• Like 2

Which came first...the dream...or the knowledge of  their disappearance?

Hello. The dream came first. I Wasnt aware of anything until yesterday. The dream had been bothering me anyway. I kept thinking about how to escape from a car if that ever happened etc. then I heard the terrible news yesterday evening.

Muggle

Howdy, welcome aboard.

That's a synchronicity (as admirers of Carl Jung call it), two events close together in time and connected not by cause-and-effect, but rather by some shared meaning.

It's not unusual that one leg of a synchroncity is a dream, or that the dream happens first. After all, if it were the other way around, then you'd suspect that the accident caused the dream.

Feeling a little disturbed is only human. Since the victim was a friend's relative, I am guessing that the person wasn't very, very close. (You might go to the funeral, but if you do, people wouldn't offer you condolences).

Is this river close to where you live safe to drive near to? Is there anything you might be doing or think you should be doing to make it safer?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Muggle said:

Hello,

On Tuesday afternoon I had a dream that I was trying to stop a car that had lost control. It landed in the river close to where I live. The car was then dragged quickly along by the current before the water became too deep and then it began to sink. I remember thinking to stay calm and take a deep breath before the air ran out, then I woke up. I kept thinking about the dream but never mentioned it to anyone.

A friends relative went missing on Tuesday and they found her car in the river near by here yesterday. 

It’s probably a coincidence but I’m feeling a little disturbed by this.

A car is something that gets us from point A to point B.  In a dream...the car signifies a 'thought process'...literally your mind is trying to get from one thought process to another.  Water tends to suggest an emotional state. The car being dragged by the current would suggest that rather than your thought process guiding you that you are instead being guided by your emotions. 

Your dream...in short...is about something going on in your life right now that you have very strong emotions about and are not adequately equipped at the moment to think your way through it.  The finality of your dream is also quite telling...take a deep breath and stay calm.  Advice from your sleeping mind in dealing with this situation.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 11:26 AM, Muggle said:

Hello. The dream came first. I Wasnt aware of anything until yesterday. The dream had been bothering me anyway. I kept thinking about how to escape from a car if that ever happened etc. then I heard the terrible news yesterday evening.

Hi,

Precognative dreams can happen with many of us. The potentials for various events are known before they happen. You must relate to your friend's relative experience in some way which is why you had this dream.

John

• Like 1

Hello, thank you all for your insights and perspectives. Each has given me a different way to view and examine the dream. I particularly like the statistical one from I’m convinced. Synconicity is an interesting topic I’d never heard of and not to worry 8 bits, the roads are very safe around here. 

Thank you all again!

• Like 1