Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Current Views In Everything

Uncle Sam

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:27 PM, Uncle Sam said:

You do realize that Trump is removing hundreds of regulations with executive orders? Most of the executive orders have been used to remove or supercede Obama Era regulations that are hurting U.S. citizens. Regulations stifle economic growth and hurt citizens chances of building a stable lifestyle, he is killing three birds by using executive orders to remove these regulations. Almost every single executive order that Trump has issued has been for removing restrictions that stifle small business growth and bringing us a step closer to a smaller government, the mainstream media doesn't report on this stuff which gives people the idea that Trump is using Executive Orders to oppress people which can't be further from the truth. They exclusive focus on him and his rhetoric instead of focusing on the good he has done.

I don't really appreciate that we allow them (all presidents) to use executive orders to circumvent the system. I remember Executive Orders as the restrictions on our freedom that came out of the Obama administration. Using Executive orders in this administration to "fix" problems caused by Executive Orders in this administration doesn't solve the problem. While not all Executive Orders are bad, the process of circumventing the system is not a good process. It makes us one step closer to a dictatorship. I don't believe Trump is using executive orders to oppress people. He gets a bad rap from overwhelmingly biased and negative media attention. My stance is more: the system is broke, no matter whether being used for good or bad, it's being misused.

On 10/16/2017 at 7:49 AM, Farmer77 said:

The entire political spectrum at this point is based around whether you support the man or not. We're seeing events unfold that are truly historic due to the lunacy coming from Washington.  Im not sure how you can discuss politics without bringing up the big orange elephant in the room which is currently driving all politics in an historically dangerous and totalitarian direction. 

Both sides are however and thats largely where my frustration comes from - both sides of the aisle suck equally yet everyone has this magic ability to ignore the 4x4 plank in their own eyes while using the forceps to reach for the plank in the eyes of others.  

I.E Trump gets caught talking about grabbing women by their genitals without their permission and then has the gall to quote scripture after a tragedy, or spends years talking about how terrible the use of executive orders is and then immediately upon election goes on an XO signing spree. Thats not even touching on things like "christians" voting for a man who is friends with a pedophile, or the anti abortion GOPer pushing his girlfriend to have an abortion . Thats nowhere near an exhaustive list but I think you get my point. 

I think you're slightly over panicked about the whole ANTIFA thing. They are the only ones equating words to violence and they are a very small minority. 

I do still find it interesting that after white supremacists murdered a woman, attacked members of the clergy and even shot at people in Charlottesville the one big takeaway you and many others had was "ANTIFA bad" 

When Trump said there were bad people on both sides, factually and objectively speaking, was he right? When I watched video of the event (thanks Youtube), I saw black people protesting in support of the statue. Not everyone against removing the statue was a racist white nationalist. There were old ladies who wanted to preserve their historical foundation. There were African-Americans who thought the whole statue-toppling thing was ridiculous, and a few whose Southern identities matter more to them than their racial identities.

Not all black Americans think monolithically, nor is their skin color the central facet of their identities.

And many, many more.

Was Trump insensitive to the situation? Of course--he's an insensitive SOB! Was he wrong? Nope. We've turned into a nation that cares more for feelings than facts.

On 10/16/2017 at 5:49 AM, Farmer77 said:

The entire political spectrum at this point is based around whether you support the man or not.

No, it is not.  The spectrum is the same.  You have those that want more government control at one end and minimal government at the other.  What Trump has done was to force people to get on one side or the other.  Which is the first step in draining the swamp.

We're seeing events unfold that are truly historic due to the lunacy coming from Washington.  

If you are talking about Congress, MSM, and both parties then I agree.   Trump is shaking it all up.

Im not sure how you can discuss politics without bringing up the big orange elephant in the room which is currently driving all politics

Trump is controlling things, isn’t he?  He has the MSM just about to rupture.  And he’s twisting certain members of Congress all the time.  His tactics are just taking time to bear fruit.  Of course, there is some give and take but he’s not letting that stop him.

in an historically dangerous and totalitarian direction. 

We’ve been on a dangerous totalitarian direction in the prior 8 years.  Breaking away will naturally cause problems.

I.E Trump gets caught talking about grabbing women by their genitals without their permission

Seriously?  You are so hung up on this.  Bragging about something doesn’t mean they did it.  The plank is so large in your eye you can’t even tell what locker room talk is anymore.

or spends years talking about how terrible the use of executive orders is and then immediately upon election goes on an XO signing spree.

You don’t suppose that in order to reverse the damage done by the previous Administration that Trump will have to issue many of his own?  Obama let the genie out of the bottle.  You can’t always just end existing EOs by not signing them.

Thats nowhere near an exhaustive list but I think you get my point. 

Yes, we get your point.  You’re more interested in trying to remove the splinter from your neighbor’s eye and ignore the plank in yours.  That’s how the saying goes.

I think you're slightly over panicked about the whole ANTIFA thing. They are the only ones equating words to violence and they are a very small minority. 

They are a growing violent malignancy.  They exhibit all the telltale signs of money and organization to bring anarchy and insurrection.

I do still find it interesting that after white supremacists murdered a woman,

No, white supremacists did not kill Heather Heyer.  I’m not trying to defend them but James Fields was not a known member of any group.  He did have neo-Nazi leanings and he was in the crowd but these groups disowned him.

attacked members of the clergy and even shot at people in Charlottesville the one big takeaway you and many others had was "ANTIFA bad" 

The thing that separates White Supremacists and Antifa and the like is that the WS don’t start the violence.  They wait until you mess with them and then they defend themselves.  Now I have no use for either group but at least the WS operate with some kind of honor which makes them a respectable enemy, where Antifa cannot be trusted.  Antifa is a rabid dog that needs to be put out of its misery.  And it’s that group which is growing and I wouldn’t put it pass Soros and Hilary bankrolling it and organization via groups like Fusion GPS.  I'm sure there are numerous ones.

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Seriously?  You are so hung up on this.  Bragging about something doesn’t mean they did it.  The plank is so large in your eye you can’t even tell what locker room talk is anymore.

So wait he lied about sexually assaulting a woman and that somehow makes it better? The cult of personality surrounding Trump is perhaps the scariest of all. There is no balance, no reasoned thought coming from his supporters.

As for locker room talk I grew up playing all manner of sports, spent years working in gyms from being the towel boy to personal trainer and even now despite having MS im as much of a gym rat as possible and I have never in all my years in locker rooms heard anyone discussing sexual assault like it was OK.  If that is OK with you or you engage in those kinds of conversations you are a broken individual. 

No, white supremacists did not kill Heather Heyer.  I’m not trying to defend them but James Fields was not a known member of any group.  He did have neo-Nazi leanings and he was in the crowd but these groups disowned him.

There are plenty of photos of him holding the nazi paraphernalia and posing for pictures with them. The dude marched with white supremacists, dressed as a white supremacist, carrying a shield with white supremacist symbols on it. He was a white supremacist. 

The thing that separates White Supremacists and Antifa and the like is that the WS don’t start the violence. 

This post is delusional and scarily smells of wishful thinking. I have posted many different accounts of the white supremacists instigating violence in Charlottesville, many of those accounts were against clergy members and not ANTIFA . Thats not even touching on the idiots in Florida over the weekend who shot at counter protesters. 

• Like 3

Yes, we get your point.  You’re more interested in trying to remove the splinter from your neighbor’s eye and ignore the plank in yours.  That’s how the saying goes.

What exactly is the plank in my eye here RavenHawk? Hell what exactly do you mean by my eye? My political party? Dont have one. My political ideology? Which one , the pro human rights one or the pro 2nd amendment one? Life is slightly more complicated than the monosyllabic talking heads would have you believe. 

It doesnt take a level one trauma team of optometrists on standby to point out the glaringly obvious issues with Trump and his entire 7th grade mentality/ideology as it relates to the well being of our nation. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

So wait he lied about sexually assaulting a woman and that somehow makes it better?

For the last time; nobody cares how Trump spoke of the ways that Groupies allow themselves to be handled by the men they are chasing. 

And the people that have steadfastly supported the Clinton dynasty through thick & thin are only pretending to care, we all know it and we have known it all along.

And BTW, anyone who has heard the full transcript instead of the Doctored CNN version tuned this story out a long time ago, because that is exactly what it is. But, by all means, keep trying to use it. Keep telling us that this is the pinnacle of the Swamp's case against Trump.

7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

This post is delusional and scarily smells of wishful thinking. I have posted many different accounts of the white supremacists instigating violence in Charlottesville, many of those accounts were against clergy members and not ANTIFA . Thats not even touching on the idiots in Florida over the weekend who shot at counter protesters. 

You know, that might even be true, but your problem is the same as The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Dozens of allegations of violence by Trump supporters against all sorts of people were tracked down in the two months after the election a year ago. Every case that I followed, over 30 (and yes, I have the links) proved to be fakes.

And then we saw AntiFa violently assaulting one Free Speech rally after another. They lost the 3rd battle of Berkeley because the dummies threw their own smoke-bombs and flash-bangs into the wind!

They ought to take the hint from those warning shots, and try to think of another way to spend their weekends. 

Political Party: Started Republican, converted to Democrat briefly now unaffiliated liberal conservative.

Dominate Religion or Non-religion: None

Do You Feel Illegal Immigrants Deserve To Become Citizens?

No  

Do You Feel Legal Immigrants Deserve To Become Citizens?

Yes

Are Illegal Immigrants Protected By the Constitution?

We have a code of civil and criminal laws that apply to all people within our borders.  They must.  You cannot break a law because you are an illegal immigrant.  Likewise it is not legal for illegal immigrants to be robbed or murdered by American citizens while in the US.  They do count as human beings under our laws. So they do have some protection under our laws. .

Should Illegal Immigrants Be Allowed To Vote, Drive, or Own Land?

No voting, reserved for citizens.  Foreign nationals and corporations own a great deal of land in America, so yes they can, however, they need a visa or green card to visit it.

Is Trump Right to Crack Down on Illegal Immigration?

Every nation needs secure borders. 

Was It Right To End DACA?

Probably not.  Kids that are brought here, not by  their choice, know no other country, have been raised in American culture, are growing up to be contributors, or already are contributors are the kind of people we want.

Do You Support Building A Border Wall With Mexico?

No.  Secure borders do not require a wall.

Do You Believe In Globalization Is A Good Thing?

Globalization? What do you think America is?  The United States was the first globalized nation.  We are not English, we are not Scots, or Italians, of French or Polish, or Greeks or Mexicans or Africans.  We are Americans.   Our culture is an amalgam of all of those cultures, our foods, our habits, our government takes something from all of those groups and Native Americans too.  Want a pure culture, go back to Scotland, or Ireland, or Italy and see if you prefer the place that your ancestors came from. Not me.  Been there.

Do You Believe Affirmative Action Helps Minorities?

Yep.

Do You Believe in White Privilege?

Yep, seen plenty of it.

Do You Feel The Media Has Done Citizens Wrong?

Yep along with government, major corporations, and other citizens.

Is Racism Wide Spread As The Liberals Make It Out To Be?

Yep, seen plenty of it.

Do LGBTQ Deserve Constitutional Protection and Rights?

Yep.

Should Foreigners Be Protected By Constitution?

See above. We have a code of civil and criminal laws that apply to all people within our borders.  They must.  You cannot break a law because you have a tourist visa.  Likewise it is not legal for foreign nationals to be robbed or murdered by American citizens while in the US.  So they do have some protection under our laws. Are civil codes based on the Constitution and is the Constitution the final authority? Yep. The Constitution is more than the Bill of Rights.

Do You Believe It Is Okay Too Make Laws Based of Religion?

Nope

It Is Okay Too Make Laws Based of Atheist Policies?

What is an athiest policy?  Live and let live?

Are Antifa/BLM/BAMN/Black Panthers Justified in Your Eyes?

Don't know what BAMN is, don't think BLM is the same as Antifa or Black Panthers.

How about White Supremacy/Neo-Nazis/Ku Klux Klan?

Same as antifa.  A good deal worse than Republicans and Democrats who are only borderline justified.

Is Donald Trump A Bad Guy Or Is He Misunderstood?

I thought we were not talking about Trump.  To be circumspect, if a hypothetical billionaire bragged about being the "King of Debt"  and had been bankrupt six times, and was really concerned about tax cuts instead of balancing the budget, he might not be the best guy to be put in charge of our nations finances.  That billionaire has  plenty of personal quotes and statements to be well understood.

Should we be focusing on censoring fake news?

Absolutely not because anyone can easily be labeled fake news, this is a slippery slope where we can end up with a totalitarian government that censors any information that they don’t like.  100% agree with this Uncle Sam, just made an addition in your second sentence. By giving in to the liberal left or conservative right and censoring fake news, we are giving them a tool to effectively silence anyone that they do not like at all.   

Final Thoughts:  I believe in honesty, integrity, and personal responsibility, with a little kindness and good nature thrown in.  That is my standard for other people I deal with.  Left over from my Christian upbringing, I still have some scruples about how we are supposed to treat people. I am a fiscal conservative, would like a balanced budget a whole lot more than a tax cut. One of the few things I trust less than government are mega corporations.  I believe in live and let live.  I think the far  left and the far right are self-excusing hypocrites.  I don't care how many guns you own,  I have had a few.  

Fortunately I am not in a position to respond to the questions not being an american

But as I read through the questions and answers I noted no questions on

Foreign policy and diplomacy

Environment

Social security

Health

Education

Mminimum wage (dont know if you have that in the US)

Law Enforcement

and I am sure there are many others. Not that I necessarily think they should be asked. 

The questions that have been asked are generally 'closed' and tied to Trump policies. what about a more open question - something like "what values should define the USA of the 21st Century"

Edited by RAyMO

On 10/25/2017 at 0:34 AM, AnchorSteam said:

You know, that might even be true, but your problem is the same as The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Dozens of allegations of violence by Trump supporters against all sorts of people were tracked down in the two months after the election a year ago. Every case that I followed, over 30 (and yes, I have the links) proved to be fakes.

And then we saw AntiFa violently assaulting one Free Speech rally after another. They lost the 3rd battle of Berkeley because the dummies threw their own smoke-bombs and flash-bangs into the wind!

They ought to take the hint from those warning shots, and try to think of another way to spend their weekends. 

Gotta love 21st century America! I cant be angry because youre cynical, I get that, but in this situation you're literally choosing to believe the moral compass of white supremacists over the word of members of the clergy. 

Big picture though you guys are entirely too hung up on just what happens at these political rallies. Racists carry on their worldview throughout every aspect of their lives. 

White supremacists attack interracial couple at Tennessee pub, police say 

Hell the physical violence and racial insults might not even be the worse part of the whole thing (deaths aside of course) . Racists are in position to control people's jobs and housing situations (cant resist mentioning that Trump was punished for both of those) along with healthcare education etc. 

• Like 1

Political Party: Conservative-leaning independent

Dominate Religion or Non-religion: None/Atheist/Apatheist

Do You Feel Illegal Immigrants Deserve To Become Citizens?

No

Do You Feel Legal Immigrants Deserve To Become Citizens?

Yes

Are Illegal Immigrants Protected By the Constitution?

Only human rights, not citizen's rights.

Should Illegal Immigrants Be Allowed To Vote, Drive, or Own Land?

No; We can't logistically stop them; No.

Is Trump Right to Crack Down on Illegal Immigration?

Yes

Was It Right To End DACA?

Yes

Do You Support Building A Border Wall With Mexico?

Meh, I'd prefer to see internal policies change to promote self-deportation.

Do You Believe In Globalization Is A Good Thing?

In some ways.

Do You Believe Affirmative Action Helps Minorities?

In some ways.

Do You Believe in White Privilege?

Not beyond having stable parents and growing up in non-violent neighborhood makes you more likely to have a non-violent and stable life.  Employers like people more likely to be stable.  Everyone stereotypes and judges based on looks and background in some way.  The urban black's have not done well in how they present themselves to the country as a whole.

Do You Feel The Media Has Done Citizens Wrong?

Yes.

Is Racism Wide Spread As The Liberals Make It Out To Be?

No.

Do LGBTQ Deserve Constitutional Protection and Rights?

They're already protected as humans and citizens, besides those are two very different types of people that have no business being lumped together.  One group has a different sexual attraction than is normal while the other genuinely disbelieves in reality and gets upset when told that they are what gender they were born as.

Should Foreigners Be Protected By Constitution?

It depends on the scenario.

Do You Believe It Is Okay Too Make Laws Based of Religion?

Only if those are laws are not in support of a religion's subjective ideals.  Most religions are against killing for example, and every country has laws against those because it's common sense.

It Is Okay Too Make Laws Based of Atheist Policies?

Atheism isn't so much a "thing" to have laws based on as it is a lack of belief in something else, so yes within reason.

Are Antifa/BLM/BAMN/Black Panthers Justified in Your Eyes?

No.

How about White Supremacy/Neo-Nazis/Ku Klux Klan?

Not genuine White Supremacists, no.

Is Donald Trump A Bad Guy Or Is He Misunderstood?

Both.

Should we be focusing on censoring fake news?

No, we should focus on holding them accountable to spreading hysteria, but if someone wants to release nothing but political commentary and release it as opinionated "news", there's nothing really illegal about that.

Final Thoughts:

Not much to say since I'm eating while I type this up.

To clarify to those about Atheist Policy, I forgot to add militant atheist policies where they directly attack all religion and believe in completely removing religion from the daily lives of the citizens.

9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Gotta love 21st century America! I cant be angry because youre cynical, I get that, but in this situation you're literally choosing to believe the moral compass of white supremacists over the word of members of the clergy. 

Gotta love the BS; I'm an Atheist and a Progressive is telling me that I have to take the word of a sky-pilot over that of someone that he labels a Racist!

Oh wait, he's telling me I'm a racist too!

:rofl:

9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Racists carry on their worldview throughout every aspect of their lives. 

Maybe they do, but are you saying YOU don't?

From what I have seen this last year, Leftists believe that Political Alliance is the sole and only important defining characteristic of any Human Being. Nothing else matters, there is not morality, the only moral compass is Socialism.

Oh, and be sure to tell us again how you aren't a Leftist... you only Support ever possible aspect of their agenda and parrot ever talking point that is approved by the Soros media. 

Give it a rest, go out and have some fun. It's Halloween! 

Oh... maybe you did already -

DNhfzg_XcAEE0dY.jpg

13 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Gotta love the BS; I'm an Atheist and a Progressive is telling me that I have to take the word of a sky-pilot over that of someone that he labels a Racist!

Oh wait, he's telling me I'm a racist too!

Im not a christian either however comeon, now youre saying they weren't racists in Charlottesville ?

Maybe they do, but are you saying YOU don't?

From what I have seen this last year, Leftists believe that Political Alliance is the sole and only important defining characteristic of any Human Being. Nothing else matters, there is not morality, the only moral compass is Socialism.

Well no AnchorSteam I dont. As someone who has had his political views slide all over the spectrum over the years I understand that political ideology does not define the human being (outside of these kinds of convos of course). I certainly wouldnt discriminate based upon political views. 

I have to point out that your analogy in and of itself is a flimsy one. Political views are things which can be hidden , things which dont have to and shouldn't be discussed in an interview or while being shown a property, while race of  course is a tad bit more  complicated. 

Oh, and be sure to tell us again how you aren't a Leftist... you only Support ever possible aspect of their agenda and parrot ever talking point that is approved by the Soros media. 

Oh on many things I am a leftist, on many I am a conservative. What I keep reminding you is that Im not a democrat, not a party hack. No i dont support every possible aspect of their agenda however they are the ones NOT enabling the mentally deranged man in the White House to further destroy our nation so right now our agendas definitely align. 

Edited by Farmer77

On 10/13/2017 at 10:30 AM, Uncle Sam said:

Here is where I stand in as a United States citizen when it comes to the shape of our nation, you may participate in this discussion by posting your views on current issues that is plaguing our nation, just answer all the questions truthfully and honestly.

Are your fellow Americans freely allowed to list other issues that are plaguing your nation that you didn't raise within your thread?

Also, are non-Americans allowed an opinion?

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Are your fellow Americans freely allowed to list other issues that are plaguing your nation that you didn't raise within your thread?

Also, are non-Americans allowed an opinion?

Everyone is... but state you are non-american if you are not within United States.

I'll view my comment.... I'm absolutely sick and tired of individuals claiming victimhood  for everything that's happened in their sorry life.    I'm sorry... ok?  Now buck up  Accept your life. Move freakin forward. You are not a victim.  You arre a member.    Move forward.   Lead by example.   Be the change u want to see.    Sick of the bs.  Seriously.... you want change??? Than demonstrate you are it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

I'll view my comment.... I'm absolutely sick and tired of individuals claiming victimhood  for everything that's happened in their sorry life.    I'm sorry... ok?  Now buck up  Accept your life. Move freakin forward. You are not a victim.  You arre a member.    Move forward.   Lead by example.   Be the change u want to see.    Sick of the bs.  Seriously.... you want change??? Than demonstrate you are it.  

Its funny how politics works, 5 years ago this post would have clearly defined your political leanings , today its honestly rather ambiguous. 

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Its funny how politics works, 5 years ago this post would have clearly defined your political leanings , today its honestly rather ambiguous. 

I doubt it... always been a Libertarian ... as far right as ever Farmer

10 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I doubt it... always been a Libertarian ... as far right as ever Farmer

Well I mean clearly your previous posts speak for themselves.

In a vacuum however your post can be viewed a couple of different ways. What you posted describes very well the Trump phenomenon and how he got elected. "Deep state conspiracy" "elites destroying America"  "immigrants stealing jobs" "war on christmas" "muslims are out to get ya"  etc just as well as it described the liberal left. The right wing has truly and successfully embraced the victim mentality.  

Sorry I was just making a rambling observation as I try and stay awake on my first night shift of the hitch. 

Edited by Farmer77

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well I mean clearly your previous posts speak for themselves.

In a vacuum however your post can be viewed a couple of different ways. What you posted describes very well the Trump phenomenon and how he got elected. "Deep state conspiracy" "elites destroying America"  "immigrants stealing jobs" "war on christmas" "muslims are out to get ya"  etc. The right wing has truly and successfully embraced the victim mentality.  

Sorry I was just making a rambling observation as I try and stay awake on my first night shift of the hitch. 

I can see that.. do try and stay awake buds

• Like 1