Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Current Views In Everything

Uncle Sam

Just now, Uncle Sam said:

WTF is wrong with you? Every thread you bring up Trump, you base people who voted for him or support him. 

Um Says the guy starting threads about sexual harassment specifically to bash liberals? Which considering the foxnews scandals of late is uber hypocritical 

Just now, Uncle Sam said:

You are really hateful towards those who express different political opinions or support a certain candidate.

No im really not. While I might call people out on crap I am generally very kind and willing to converse. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Sam said:

This topic has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with the posters themselves and their political views

Yes and one of the posters who happens to be a Trump supporter made a crack about people he views as his opponents not being consistent in their opinions. Hey let me ask you why arent you attacking Anchorsteam and calling him hateful for bashing "liberals" in your thread? 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

I don't want to hear another word about Trump at all. Every time you bring it up, you get the thread derailed and everyone upset. Enough.

Awwwww someone doesnt  like it when his viewpoints are challenged . Sorry bro stop making threads with the specific goal of pushing your agendas and you will probably have less people doing nasty things like throwing out facts to counter your points. 

• Like 1

FInally @Uncle Sam I was largely making a joke , you gotta lighten up 

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

FInally @Uncle Sam I was largely making a joke , you gotta lighten up 

Well it isn't really good joke then. I am tired of hearing about how much you hate that guy. Yes I talk about liberal left, because they have been violence and hypocritical which bugs my pet peeve, I am a rather peaceful guy who doesn't like seeing others taken advantage of or attacked for something so minor as "Words." Ever since they equated harsh words = physical violence, this lead to more and more people resorting to violence for something someone said. And to me, that is wrong on so many levels.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Well it isn't really good joke then. I am tired of hearing about how much you hate that guy.

The entire political spectrum at this point is based around whether you support the man or not. We're seeing events unfold that are truly historic due to the lunacy coming from Washington.  Im not sure how you can discuss politics without bringing up the big orange elephant in the room which is currently driving all politics in an historically dangerous and totalitarian direction. 

Yes I talk about liberal left, because they have been violence and hypocritical which bugs my pet peeve,

Both sides are however and thats largely where my frustration comes from - both sides of the aisle suck equally yet everyone has this magic ability to ignore the 4x4 plank in their own eyes while using the forceps to reach for the plank in the eyes of others.  

I.E Trump gets caught talking about grabbing women by their genitals without their permission and then has the gall to quote scripture after a tragedy, or spends years talking about how terrible the use of executive orders is and then immediately upon election goes on an XO signing spree. Thats not even touching on things like "christians" voting for a man who is friends with a pedophile, or the anti abortion GOPer pushing his girlfriend to have an abortion . Thats nowhere near an exhaustive list but I think you get my point. 

Ever since they equated harsh words = physical violence, this lead to more and more people resorting to violence for something someone said. And to me, that is wrong on so many levels.

I think you're slightly over panicked about the whole ANTIFA thing. They are the only ones equating words to violence and they are a very small minority. 

I do still find it interesting that after white supremacists murdered a woman, attacked members of the clergy and even shot at people in Charlottesville the one big takeaway you and many others had was "ANTIFA bad" 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Party: Republican

Religion: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)

Illegal immigrant citizenship: No, unless they return to their nation of origin and apply from there. Now, migrant work visas (similar to the Bracero program) would go a long way toward regulating this phenomenon and satisfying the demand for agricultural workers. I know a few farmers who hire illegals only because nobody else is willing to do the work. Picking peaches and being paid by the crate isn't something Americans will do when we'll pay them welfare to sit around and watch Jerry Springer.

Legal immigrant citizenship: Of course. Granted, we should limit the flow so that it benefits current citizens. We shouldn't be adding labor to a market that's suffering from high unemployment, for example.

Constitutional protection for illegals: No, the Constitution is a contract between the citizenry and government. Non-citizens aren't a party to it.

Illegals voting, driving, or owning land: No, although foreign entities own a lot of property here already, so I don't see how we can allow property ownership for some foreigners but prohibit it for others. Now, dwelling on that property is another matter.

Crack down on immigration: The U.S. has an obligation to enforce its laws. The purpose of government from a social contract perspective is to protect citizens from predations from within and without the borders. A nation that doesn't protect its borders and filter who comes and goes is failing in one of its primary functions. Secondary (optional) functions like social welfare programs should be on the back burner until we get the primary functions (border security, law enforcement) sorted out.

End DACA: DACA was illegal in the first place, as it contradicted U.S. law as passed by Congress.

Border wall: They're working everywhere else they're being built. We should already have one. If you don't think so, try leaving your doors and windows wide open for a year, even when you're not home, and tell me how that goes for you.

Globalization: Cooperation is a good thing when it benefits all parties. Treaties like Kyoto and the Paris Accord punish developed nations to the benefit of the Third World. Submitting our sovereignty to another body is irresponsible and idiotic, especially when many of them are run by despots.

Affirmative action: Operates under the racist assumption that minorities cannot succeed unless enabled by whites, thus undercutting minority achievement and feeding into the helplessness narrative.

White privilege: Only exists as a function of the narrative described above. It is self-inflicted by minorities who perceive themselves as less capable of achievement, but has no effect on those who reject that point of view.

Media: Quite biased on every side, but unavoidably so. I only respect those who are open about it. Journalism as a service that delivers facts to be interpreted by the consumer has been dead for a very long time.

Racism: White racism is a ghost that pops out and goes "boo" every once in a while, but has little effect otherwise. Racism by minorities against whites is rampant, a la BLM, La Raza and etc. These organizations are sadly defended by some in the media when they should be condemned just as much as the KKK.

LGBTQRSTUV: No special protections that would otherwise not apply if they had no such label. These are behavioral categories that have no special mention in the Constitution and provide no benefit to society as a whole. Religion (at least in this country) has a civilizing influence and provides motivation for moral behavior in other areas. That's why it is accorded special treatment in our law and Constitution. You can behave as you wish privately, but you do not have the right to enforce public acceptance and sanction of that behavior. Such behaviors contradict the natural design and function of the human body, and thus should not be encouraged. Witness what happens from an epidemiological perspective when people engage in them.

Laws based on religion: All law is based on moral considerations. To pretend otherwise is farcical. Defining marriage as a phenomenon that occurs between a male party and a female party isn't religious legislation, however. It is a recognizance of the natural order. Even plural marriage occurs between a male and a female, except that a male may contract with more than one female at a time. If anything, this reaffirms the male/female nature of marriage. That said, I'm glad we Mormons gave that up 130-odd years ago. It's hard to keep one spouse happy!

Atheist policies: If you mean anti-religious indoctrination of kids, no it isn't okay. Teaching evolution is fine as a scientific theory. Preaching that it proves there is no God is just as much of religious imposition as teaching Creationism. Teach all about evolutionary theory, including its holes and gaps. (Yes, there are holes and gaps, exceptions to the rules.) In other words, teach, don't preach.

Antifa/BLM/Black Panthers/KKK/Neo-Nazis: All one and the same. However, at this point in time only two of those groups are actually engaging in violent behavior without being physically provoked into self-defense. Those groups are terrorists, literally hoping to terrorize their philosophical opponents into silence.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The entire political spectrum at this point is based around whether you support the man or not...

Um... no, its not.

Take off the blinders, there are other things going on in this world.

And BTW- all I was asking was why the Left is so shy about this thread. You are one of two exceptions, so maybe you don't know.

That's fine, no problem there, but why go all Troll-style instead of saying nothing at all?

7 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Um... no, its not.

Take off the blinders, there are other things going on in this world.

Yes there are other things going on in the world however those things are all existing in the light being cast by the POTUS. How you feel about that light speaks to the core of the US political experience right now. 

And BTW- all I was asking was why the Left is so shy about this thread. You are one of two exceptions, so maybe you don't know.

No I really dont because im not really on the left, as in im not on the side of the democrats. Both sides suck equally, currently however Trump and company are in power so they are the current clear and present danger

That's fine, no problem there, but why go all Troll-style instead of saying nothing at all?

As I explained to uncle sam I was mostly joking about the Trump supporter and consistency thing. Like that canadian b**** said, ironic. Thats all man, we all gotta laugh at ourselves sometimes. 

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yes there are other things going on in the world however those things are all existing in the light being cast by the POTUS. How you feel about that light speaks to the core of the US political experience right now. 

As I explained to uncle sam I was mostly joking about the Trump supporter and consistency thing. Like that canadian b**** said, ironic. Thats all man, we all gotta laugh at ourselves sometimes. 

That is an outright contradiction. 

What you are saying is that all aspects of the humanity of anyone that supports Trump in any way must be the defining fact of their existence, a brutally simplistic attitude that exhibits fanatical hatred and a viewpoint based solely on politics.

And they you say "aw shucks, just kiddin', ease up".

Sorry, not buying it. And I don't laugh at myself on command, certainly not when a bigoted absolutist is telling me to. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

What you are saying is that all aspects of the humanity of anyone that supports Trump in any way must be the defining fact of their existence, a brutally simplistic attitude that exhibits fanatical hatred and a viewpoint based solely on politics.

No what im saying is that in a political thread about political views (where we are) supporting Trump is the defining fact of the conversation. 

12 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

And they you say "aw shucks, just kiddin', ease up".

Sorry, not buying it. And I don't laugh at myself on command, certainly not when a bigoted absolutist is telling me to. 

Comeon you cant laugh at the inconsistencies of the man and his supporters just a tiny bit? 

Edited by Farmer77

I was a Ben Carson guy until he dropped out, then I was for Ted Cruz. I voted for Trump to keep Clinton out of the White House. I don't like Trump's style, but if I'm looking just at his policy prescriptions he's pretty good, much better than Hillary. If he could find a more civilized way of expressing himself I'd be happier, but I made the best out of two options I didn't particularly like. That's probably true of most Trump voters. I do think it's silly how bat-manure crazy the left wing media get whenever they cover him. It's fun to watch, though. It's a bit like watching my beer-guzzling mechanic argue politics with a grey-haired, ponytailed professor. 

16 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

And BTW- all I was asking was why the Left is so shy about this thread.

Probably some people on the right are also shy about this thread as well. Know why? Because it seems like an attempted reach into profiling other members here. And not everybody's political views on each and every issue stays the same all their lives, but once you express all your current views one time on all the issues - bam! - that's it! You've been labeled righty, lefty or whatever, from then on by others who think they know where you stand all the time, regardless of whether you change your mind on some issues down the road. Also, I did not see any other important political issues mentioned, but only certain or specific issues that the OP feels strongly about; that gives rise to much suspicion.

No. Any intelligent person would not post all his\her political views, as they are now, in this thread. Because it smells.

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Purifier said:

Probably some people on the right are also shy about this thread as well. Know why? Because it seems like an attempted reach into profiling other members here. And not everybody's political views on each and every issue stays the same all their lives, but once you express all your current views one time on all the issues - bam! - that's it! You've been labeled righty, lefty or whatever, from then on by others who think they know where you stand all the time, regardless of whether you change your mind on some issues down the road. Also, I did not see any other important political issues mentioned, but only certain or specific issues that the OP feels strongly about; that gives rise to much suspicion.

No. Any intelligent person would not post all his\her political views, as they are now, in this thread. Because it smells.

Meh , my views change as the evidence is presented. Im completely willing to admit when I was wrong , growth is a good thing. Plus hell I just like a good scrap from time to time so I thought why not? :D

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Meh , my views change as the evidence is presented. Im completely willing to admit when I was wrong , growth is a good thing. Plus hell I just like a good scrap from time to time so I thought why not? :D

Hey I can understand that, Farmer. You like a good spirited debate from time to time like the rest of us. ;) But you do realize by posting your political views on limited and specific issues the OP questioned about, might make you seem all liberal or far leftist in their minds, when you could also have conservative\right views on other important issues the OP didn't bring up in the form of questions? For example like; health care, education, economics, gun control and so on.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Purifier said:

Hey I can understand that, Farmer. You like a good spirited debate from time to time like the rest of us. ;) But you do realize by posting your political views on limited and specific issues the OP questioned about, might make you seem all liberal or far leftist in their minds, when you could also have conservative\right views on other important issues the OP didn't bring up in the form of questions? For example like; health care, education, economics, gun control and so on.

Oh totally Im just too self centered to care :lol: 

But honestly you described me quite well, im a "liberal" on many issues but also pro 2nd amendment and states rights. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, C L Palmer said:

I was a Ben Carson guy until he dropped out, then I was for Ted Cruz. I voted for Trump to keep Clinton out of the White House. I don't like Trump's style, but if I'm looking just at his policy prescriptions he's pretty good, much better than Hillary. If he could find a more civilized way of expressing himself I'd be happier, but I made the best out of two options I didn't particularly like. That's probably true of most Trump voters. I do think it's silly how bat-manure crazy the left wing media get whenever they cover him. It's fun to watch, though. It's a bit like watching my beer-guzzling mechanic argue politics with a grey-haired, ponytailed professor. 

I could have posted this. I'll just add a couple things. Trump's attackers and enemies make me more supportive of Trump. I also wish that Pence was our president.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C L Palmer said:

I forgot one thing in my other post. I supported Rand Paul, but that's the sole difference.

8 hours ago, Purifier said:

No attempt to profile anyone... basically here for everyone to post their views on situation we already talked about and to help them sort out their mind, I been finding myself confused a lot lately because there is so many issues regarding our nation.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:49 AM, Farmer77 said:

I do still find it interesting that after white supremacists murdered a woman, attacked members of the clergy and even shot at people in Charlottesville the one big takeaway you and many others had was "ANTIFA bad" 

White supremacist who were at Charlotteville who plowed his car into a crowd was an tragedy, but it was one person who decided to attack the crowd and that person has already been punished. It was an isolated event that happen. We hardly seen anymore news about this organization and they are currently on the FBI watchlist since the 1970's. The problem in my eyes is that instead of ignoring this group and allowing them to fade away in obscurity, we gave them a platform aka the major mainstream news medias which spread their message across the nation. Thankfully they are not actively involved in violence, they are only marching and voicing their opinions, opinions that are flawed but they are well within the law and have the right to the "First Amendment."

Antifa is consistently in the news, consistently showing up to rallies or protests of conservatives while demonstrating they are more than willing to resort to violence and public shaming to get a these events shut down. They are not just attacking white supremacists or neo-nazis, they are attacking anyone that they casually label, this is leading to many innocents being physically harmed or financially harmed in the processes. If they limited their assaults to just guilty people, then I wouldn't have no trouble, but they are making everyone's life a living hell and almost made using violence a new norm for political rallies.

To Antifa and many news organizations, anyone who is to the right of them is a white supremacists or neo-nazis, that should tell you the mindset of today's liberal or democratic society which is scary. There is nothing to stop them from doxing you and putting your information out for everyone to see while falsely condemning you as a neo-nazi or white supremacist, which will turn easily leads to your life being permanently destroyed and also could lead to your family coming under harm in any shape or form by the rabid Antifa members or liberals.

Edited by Uncle Sam

Political Party:

I’m a registered Republican but that really has no meaning any more.  I’d just as soon register Democrat so that I could vote for the weakest opponent for the Republican but that could backfire if enough people do that.  I consider myself a Constitutional Conservative.  I’m Libertarian in domestic policy and Hawkish in defense and foreign policy.

Dominate Religion or Non-religion:

I grew up Protestant, Church of Christ and Baptist, but I’m too much of a maverick.  I consider myself a cross between a Deist and Gnostic but not exactly and sometimes neither.  I am basically a Heretic Christian.  I believe in Homoousion. 

Do You Feel Illegal Immigrants Deserve To Become Citizens?

First off, in conjunction with the next question, there is no such thing as illegal immigrants.  They are just simply illegal.  And no, they do not deserve to become citizens.  But before we deport them, we need to document and categorize them.  How many are there?  What are their circumstances?  We should try to keep as many as possible.  But in order to stay, they must pay a penalty(s).  The first penalty will be that they can’t vote for a period from 5 to 20 years depending on factors.  I.e. keep most of DACA, the ones that have gone to college and their penalty will be to offer 7 years service to the nation in their chosen field.  Definitely those that serve in the military.  Those that have been here a sufficiently long enough time (those that are already assimilated thoroughly enough).  What other categories?  Illegal mass migration brings poverty, disease, and crime and we need to show compassion to Americans first and protect them by closing the border and keeping out such numbers.

Do You Feel Legal Immigrants Deserve To Become Citizens?

This is a really dump question.  Of course they do.  That’s why they are here.  This should be the only method for naturalization.

Are Illegal Immigrants Protected By the Constitution?

Only if they are incarcerated (before being deported) and then only Habeas Corpus and Due Process.

Should Illegal Immigrants Be Allowed To Vote, Drive, or Own Land?

Absolutely not!

Is Trump Right to Crack Down on Illegal Immigration?

Absolutely!  That is his job.

Was It Right To End DACA?

At some point yes.  DACA is only a temporary state.

Do You SupportBuilding A Border Wall With Mexico?

I’ve shared my thoughts on this before.  I believe in a strong active border.  I’m ok with a wall but a wall will only cover about 700 miles of the 1900 mile total length.  I’d prefer a smarter design utilizing not only wall segments but also fences, earthworks, as well as natural terrain, backed up by various surveillance technologies from ground sensors to drones.  The idea isn’t to be impenetrable but to manage and control flow.  The key to an effective border will be manpower.  You need patrols and regular maintenance.  A wall is nothing without manpower behind it.  I’ve suggested converting the Selective Service into an actual force of high school grads offering a 2 year service to this nation to not only man the border but also could be used in disaster relief and other uses.  Can you imagine 1 million packing in food, water, gasoline, medical supplies, tools, etc. hitting the beaches on Puerto Rico heading inland?  Doing everything that needs to be done from helping people to rebuilding infrastructure.  Perhaps utilize the defunct LS3 pack mules.

Do You Believe In Globalization Is A Good Thing?

Globalization is a dangerous movement.  It is multiculturalism (see “I Have a Plan to Destroy America” by Richard D Lamm) on a global scale.  The destruction of culture is the destruction of identity on the national and individual level.

Do You Believe Affirmative Action Helps Minorities?

Nope.  It’s a good example of good intentions gone bad.  The Left just doesn’t understand that everything that sounds great and compassionate on paper doesn’t translate to no unintended consequences when put into practice.

Do You Believe in White Privilege?

Absolutely not!  It’s something made up so that the Left can use the victim card to further divide us.  What they call White Privilege is actually Americanism.  What better way to deprive half the population of their Americanism to wreak anarchy.  Americanism is color blind but it’s hard to realize that when the democrats of the inner city plantation keeps the minorities down.  Minority should only refer to numbers, not capabilities or intelligence.

Do You Feel The Media Has Done Citizens Wrong?

Does an elephant have big ears?  The MSM have violated the public trust and have reneged on their 4th Estate responsibilities.  They are Public Enemy # 1.

Is Racism Wide Spread As The Liberals Make It Out To Be?

Only as far as they can spread it.  There will always be racism when you have multiple races.  Some degree is healthy.  Not all expression of racism is detrimental unless your goal is to purposely instigate insurrection.

Do LGBTQ Deserve Constitutional Protection and Rights?

ALL citizens and wards deserve Constitutional protections and Rights.  What they don’t deserve is special Rights.  And that goes for any other group.

Should Foreigners Be Protected By Constitution?

If they are here legally and abide by our laws (wards) then yes.

Do You Believe It Is Okay Too Make Laws Based of Religion?

That actually depends on which religion and which law.  What is the purpose of said law?

It Is Okay Too Make Laws Based of Atheist Policies?

See above.

Are Antifa/BLM/BAMN/Black Panthers Justified in Your Eyes?

Hell no.  They are the Brown Shirts of the Left.  Their only reason to exist is to create enough anarchy to cause this current government to collapse.  The Left is just that jealous.  They do not have the best interests of this nation at heart.  They’ve proved it.  Anytime a Progressive says that they believe in America or that they are a good American, just don’t believe them.  It’s a lie.

How about White Supremacy/Neo-Nazis/Ku Klux Klan?

Almost as bad but not quite.  The Klan is scary but Antifa makes them look like an old ladies quilting club.

Is Donald Trump A Bad Guy Or Is He Misunderstood?

He’s neither.   The only hope for the Left is for them to make people believe that he is one or the other.  What he’s doing is very clear and he has the best interest of this nation at heart.  But the Left will try to convince us otherwise.  And that is hilarious because the Left accuse Trump of the very thing that they do to destroy America.

Should we be focusing on censoring fake news?

Trump is doing just fine.  He has the MSM so wound up that it will only be a matter of time before they pop.  Hannity keeps saying that journalism is dead.  And they will oblige him.

I have a theory why the people on the left are not participating. It could be because these questions don't reflect the policy that really interests them.

I know I'm not American, but what about the good old policies that don't create derision, and are far more important  to the average person, like employment, health, education, drinking water, affordable living, economic growth and inflation? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

I have a theory why the people on the left are not participating. It could be because these questions don't reflect the policy that really interests them.

I know I'm not American, but what about the good old policies that don't create derision, and are far more important  to the average person, like employment, health, education, drinking water, affordable living, economic growth and inflation? 

Those are values that the right aren't interested in and would probably curtail participation in them, to be honest.  Part of the reason for the divide is the priority both conservatives and liberals hold dear.  The issues that are important tend to be different. 

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Those are values that the right aren't interested in and would probably curtail participation in them, to be honest.  Part of the reason for the divide is the priority both conservatives and liberals hold dear.  The issues that are important tend to be different. 

It appears to be the case.

And I wonderif the term illegal immigrants was changed to refugees would it be a different discussion?

• Like 1

The problem is that you can stretch the term refugees so far that it's meaningless. I've heard people (my old college professors) refer to illegals coming in from Mexico for higher wages as "economic refugees." That may be why the accusation that it is heartless to deny refugees isn't very effective. The word has been stretched so thin it's lost its impact.