Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emergency Gnomes & Pixie Thread

Mark One

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

So, I google gnome images and the page is awash with gnomes making rude gestures, gnomes dropping their trousers, gnomes sitting on toilets, zombie gnomes ...... good grief! :o At last I found this lovely old fashioned couple on their holidays. :)

aa09fd2cc5df.jpg

That is why I started the appeal :) (Incidentally, that Tapir firm/charity jobbo went into liquidation under similar circumstances.  I do believe it is now a corner shop which is run by foreigners.)

• Like 1

On 27/01/2018 at 2:07 PM, Matt221 said:

My emergency pixie is actually Miss Lott

0272018141131.jpg

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's one fairytale that might have to remain in the realms of fantasy ;)

• Like 2

This is what the bewitched Matt cannot see.

Mavis%20for%20Jan.jpg

Behind all of that pixie dust is another fairy called Mavis Cruet.  Willow The Wisp

Dont have nightmares mate :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark One said:

This is what the bewitched Matt cannot see.

Mavis%20for%20Jan.jpg

Behind all of that pixie dust is another fairy called Mavis Cruet.  Willow The Wisp

Dont have nightmares mate :)

I do recall meeting an erm not quite sure I thought it was one of you lot from that G&D 

122018141541.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/2/2018 at 2:16 PM, Matt221 said:

I do recall meeting an erm not quite sure I thought it was one of you lot from that G&D 

122018141541.jpg

Thats interesting - is that a cooker that I can see?  Kitchen appliances in their bathroom!?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mark One said:

Thats interesting - is that a cooker that I can see?  Kitchen appliances in their bathroom!?

I like the pictures in the background someone has drawn a kind of Japanese super hero-boy the other looks like a koala bear or an owl 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

I like the pictures in the background someone has drawn a kind of Japanese super hero-boy the other looks like a koala bear or an owl 

Yes pictures like that one sure do reveal more than they should.  Seems like that bathroom has a rota system in place - Monday - Friday only?  That notice board is well used though, judging by the slant in his hanging.

I`m not to sure about that clock though.  Looks wrong to the eye - especially with that horridly cold looking wall colour.  I dont think the local feng shui practitioner would be pleased with the flow of energy. 

Maybe this explains that "persons" grasp of jazzy colouring in the hair and dress department...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark One said:

Yes pictures like that one sure do reveal more than they should.  Seems like that bathroom has a rota system in place - Monday - Friday only?  That notice board is well used though, judging by the slant in his hanging.

I`m not to sure about that clock though.  Looks wrong to the eye - especially with that horridly cold looking wall colour.  I dont think the local feng shui practitioner would be pleased with the flow of energy. 

Maybe this explains that "persons" grasp of jazzy colouring in the hair and dress department...

Talking of the clock it says 8.30 hopefully that's pm and it a fancy dress party,if not and it's am means the blokes got up and decided to put them clothes on which is fairly odd..... Although there's an idea for the what are you wearing thread 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't want this thread to slip off the first page!

Image result for old fashioned pixies

Related imageBit late(!) with this one but couldn't resist because they are so cute. :D 

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 2

Unsurprisingly, I live in a dark purple area!! :w00t:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I`ll have to start a new topic soon on my mothers, my grandmothers and also my own experiences with these creatures.  All three of us have had some bizarre encounters with an aspect of them (theyre not all uniform in appearance) but Ive not been brave enough to reveal that yet.  *oh b@gger its gone live!*  :o

• Like 1

I look forward to hearing about those encounters.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

My county isn't even on that map. That's the pre-1974 map.

• Like 1

You can see an 'ocean' of garden gnomes, all of them working hard putting their garden back into shape. However, one is still asleep and not ready to get back to work. Can you spot him?  

3E7E638B00000578-4335340-image-a-1_14901

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Black Monk said:

You can see an 'ocean' of garden gnomes, all of them working hard putting their garden back into shape. However, one is still asleep and not ready to get back to work. Can you spot him?  

3E7E638B00000578-4335340-image-a-1_14901

The one below dead center who is snuggling under a green duvet?

6 hours ago, Black Monk said:

You still belong to Lancashire and you know it! :P

;)

Image result for terry pratchett wee free men The Wee Free Men from Terry Pratchett's book.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 8:28 PM, ouija ouija said:

Image result for terry pratchett wee free men The Wee Free Men from Terry Pratchett's book.

I Never really liked them.  I think I can recall reading Carpe Jugulum with those little BXggXrs in it.

On 2/23/2018 at 4:08 PM, Black Monk said:

I`d check out google maps mate, just to make sure your area isn't being "forgotten"

Heres another mid life crisis victim insulting Pixie Land.

freemarketfairy.jpg

• Like 1