Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emergency Gnomes & Pixie Thread

Mark One

Apart from cats & dogs, many UM members have recently revealed their fondness for that stout little chap with a fishing rod and a pointy hat.  Its very clear that many here are besotted with such things, so why not show them off.  Lets make them aware of just how much we need them, admire them and see them as our friends. X

• Like 4

Anyone else watch this this afternoon? ................. just me then. :blush:

220px-Gnomeo_%26_Juliet_Poster.jpg

• Like 4

I don't like the painted gnomes that much for outside. I used to have a simple, unpainted one, but I gave it to someone. I have a few of the indoor gnomes that come with coins.

SIGNED Tom Clark Gnome "Henson" Reading a Book to a Frog Prince 1984 Edition #75

I have lots of faeries around the house. They're long thin ones with lots of hair and pretty dresses, wings.  Like these. I forget which collection they were from, but I don't think they make them anymore. 

Image result for hanging fairies

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

Image result for tom price gnome bookend

This little guy is a book end.

• Like 3

Image result for tom clark gnome holly

I was pretty sure I had Holly around here somewhere, too. Although, she may have been gifted as well. 

• Like 3

And of course, they have a little door somewhere in the house, so they can come and go as they please. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

Anyone else watch this this afternoon? ................. just me then. :blush:

220px-Gnomeo_%26_Juliet_Poster.jpg

Wow!  When you mentioned it earlier today I thought you were pulling my leg. :unsure:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

And of course, they have a little door somewhere in the house, so they can come and go as they please. 

Thank you for sharing your splendid collection ChaosRose.  My nan used to collect similar things including those troll dolls too.

A few years back I owned a candle light which was fashioned to look like a tree with a old mans face in it...

I never actually found a use for it and so, a house move saw it find a new home of its own - in the wheely bin.

Edited by Mr Mork

58 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Brian Froud is one of my personal heroes. 

The Froud Fae

Heavily influenced by Arthur Rackam  (1867 - 1939) :D

ppk39_elderberryx.jpg

Arthur%20Rackham%20-%20%27%27A%20Christmas%20Carol%27%27%20(Fine%20Art%20Poster%20-%2024x36)%20(sample)%20(300).jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Mork said:

Wow!  When you mentioned it earlier today I thought you were pulling my leg. :unsure:

It's a kid's film obviously(5 - 9yr olds I'm guessing), but it's quite 'robust' and lively ..... good music ..... laugh-out-loud in places. Definitely worth a watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

It's a kid's film obviously(5 - 9yr olds I'm guessing), but it's quite 'robust' and lively ..... good music ..... laugh-out-loud in places. Definitely worth a watch.

I thought you said you wernt a film buff? :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

Not so much little people as little people's house 

9142017195248.jpg

Well, what a shabby build.  That door isnt fixed and no hinges are present.  That shelter looks weak and those "trees" look dead or artificial.  And whats the crack with all of those garden tools - way too big for your average fairy.  The entire thing looks more like the aftermath of long term squatting.  You just wait until the Elf n Safety board get involved!

Edited by Mr Mork
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mr Mork said:

Well, what a shabby build.  That door isnt fixed and no hinges are present.  That shelter looks weak and those "trees" look dead or artificial.  And whats the crack with all of those garden tools - way too big for your average fairy.  The entire thing looks more like the aftermath of long term squatting.  You just wait until the Elf n Safety board get involved!

at least he has friends. Looks like Eeyore came to visit,and possibly a snail?

• Like 5

Just now, Overdueleaf said:

at least he has friends. Looks like Eeyore came to visit,and possibly a snail?

I think they are dumbstruck and confused.  I hope they left before a passing cow or maybe a curious squirrel leveled it out with some divine intervention.

• Like 3

Or perhaps before the baptism of the golden showers ...by a passing dog

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Heavily influenced by Arthur Rackam  (1867 - 1939) :D

ppk39_elderberryx.jpg

Arthur%20Rackham%20-%20%27%27A%20Christmas%20Carol%27%27%20(Fine%20Art%20Poster%20-%2024x36)%20(sample)%20(300).jpg

Dear Gods... I forgot Arthur Rackam! 

Wow, thank you!  I just dug out his book from storage.  I did a study of four of his pieces in a sketching class back in the early 90's.  He's a GOD!

• Like 3

Now look what's append all this gnome stuff has caused a crowd rush I thourght they were snails outside my door

915201716401.jpg

Edited by Matt221
Wanted to
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Now look what's append all this gnome stuff has caused a crowd rush I thourght they were snails outside my door

915201716401.jpg

They look more like Warhammer civilian figures.  Some nice paint work mate. ;) 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Well what can I say.  Such poor support has resulted in the sad loss of many little folk. The local council acted.

BigMouthInc-Great-Garden-Gnome-Massacre-

Edited by Mark One
  • Like 1

My emergency pixie is actually Miss Lott

0272018141131.jpg

Edited by Matt221
c*** up
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Matt221 said:

My emergency pixie is actually Miss Lott

0272018141131.jpg

Very nice mate...*cough* Anyway, that little minx explains your recent lack of support here.  The Naughty Pixie Guild have been informed and your name is now at the top of their list!

L5mGz2r.jpg

"...Stealin our women heh yer!!!.."

• Like 2

So, I google gnome images and the page is awash with gnomes making rude gestures, gnomes dropping their trousers, gnomes sitting on toilets, zombie gnomes ...... good grief! :o At last I found this lovely old fashioned couple on their holidays. :)

aa09fd2cc5df.jpg

• Like 1