Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woody Allen Doesn't Want A Witch Hunt

Uncle Sam

OH well,  l guess Woody is entitled to have an opinion on the Weinstein issue?

I don't necessarily value the opinion of a prominant person more than another's.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Perhaps but who in America wants to see a movie made in America like that where Spain is the hero? Probably not the greatest example for what you’re trying to say.

And here we are at the exact point I made. It is not all about America and yet it should be? 

It's a perfect example for my point. That movie was mass marketed to the world. What kind of effect do you think it had on people's views of America and Americans outside of the USA.

The point I'm arguing is that Hollywood is not full of people with globalist agendas. Hedonistic and narcissistic people yes, but it is not a conspiracy designed to control the world.

9 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I think this is more of an issue between the belief of most liberals that choices belong to an individual and that appears to go against the Christian right and their beliefs that some of those choices are not an individuals right.

I have zero respect for people who talk the talk and don't walk the walk. It doesn't matter what end of the spectrum they are on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kismit said:

The point I'm arguing is that Hollywood is not full of people with globalist agendas. Hedonistic and narcissistic people yes, but it is not a conspiracy designed to control the world.

I don't know, and maybe it's just me, the vocal minority in Hollywood (some would probably say that they're actually a vocal majority) seem bent on pushing left leaning agendas. I get the feeling we're only just seeing the tip of the iceberg with the Weinstein debacle.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I have zero respect for people who talk the talk and don't walk the walk. It doesn't matter what end of the spectrum they are on.

But I don't see how they can. The ideals are at odds with each other.

You can't really believe that a gay couple can get married if they choose to and support a group who says they can't or even actively engages in fighting against those rights. It's too much of a division.

To truly stand up for the rights of everyone you have to battle the people who don't believe in allowing the rights of everyone. it is a weird oxymoron but it's about accepting acceptance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WoIverine said:

I don't know, and maybe it's just me, the vocal minority in Hollywood (some would probably say that they're actually a vocal majority) seem bent on pushing left leaning agendas. I get the feeling we're only just seeing the tip of the iceberg with the Weinstein debacle.

I get a the feeling that by the time everyone has repeated this tip of the iceberg in reference to it being about politics nobody is going to need facts to believe it.

I  wonder if I went on info wars right now how often Alex Jones infers it is going to happen?

• Like 1

Just now, Kismit said:

I get a the feeling that by the time everyone has repeated this tip of the iceberg in reference to it being about politics nobody is going to need facts to believe it.

I  wonder if I went on info wars right now how often Alex Jones infers it is going to happen?

The illusion of truth can be applied to both angles, leftist Hollywood agendas and conspiracy theories. No one will end up getting anywhere other than circles.

3 minutes ago, WoIverine said:

The illusion of truth can be applied to both angles, leftist Hollywood agendas and conspiracy theories. No one will end up getting anywhere other than circles.

Not unless you  stick to facts and critical skeptical enquiry. If we all did that these discussion boards would look very different.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kismit said:

But I don't see how they can. The ideals are at odds with each other.

You can't really believe that a gay couple can get married if they choose to and support a group who says they can't or even actively engages in fighting against those rights. It's too much of a division.

To truly stand up for the rights of everyone you have to battle the people who don't believe in allowing the rights of everyone. it is a weird oxymoron but it'about accepting acceptance. 

I put the KKK right up there with extremist Muslims. I cannot and will not accept either ideology. Yet, people who would be put to death, such as gays, or women, who would be considered property, support extremist Muslims simply because they are "brown". They outright rail against Christianity so it isn't the religious aspect.

I've not heard a single logical explanation on why one should have more leniency or acceptance than the other.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, F3SS said:

But on topic... I’ll bet Woody doesn’t want it to turn into a witch hunt. 

Woody doesn’t want it to be a Woody Hunt, they can hunt as many witches as they like as long none of them are him.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, WoIverine said:

Couldn't agree more, common ground is a beautiful thing. :tu:

Just to add:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_doubt

Thank you Wolverine I appreciate that. 

Similarly I am open to being wrong. I have been in the past and I am a better person when I know the truth.

So I  am very happy to keep enquiring.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I put the KKK right up there with extremist Muslims. I cannot and will not accept either ideology. Yet, people who would be put to death, such as gays, or women, who would be considered property, support extremist Muslims simply because they are "brown". They outright rail against Christianity so it isn't the religious aspect.

I've not heard a single logical explanation on why one should have more leniency or acceptance than the other.

I'm not sure I get where you are going with this. Are there examples of Hollywood liberals defending Muslim extremists I haven't seen? 

8 hours ago, Kismit said:

Let's just discuss what team red and team blue have to gain and how they organise themselves.

Let's get meta and see where logic takes us.

Both sides seek to gain power.  That's all it is.  The difference is the ideology of both sides.  Right now, Hollywood/MSM, academia, Deep State, DNC, and Red Team Establishment are all in the Blue camp.  And none of them realize that they are being used.  And those that might, don't care.  And when they wake up, it is too late.  In human existence, the trend is to reach equilibrium or Maximum Entropy.  For thousands of years Man lives in such a state and every once in a while, a spark of spirit comes along and creates a new birth of freedom. but in time through the curse of Ignorance and Apathy, Man squanders this opportunity.  I certainly hope that when the list of all the civilizations in the Universe are analyzed for its greatest achievement, ours is not listed as NHS.  There has to be better.  Right now, Man is like the servant that received the one talent in the Parable of the Talents.

37 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Both sides seek to gain power.  That's all it is.  The difference is the ideology of both sides.  Right now, Hollywood/MSM, academia, Deep State, DNC, and Red Team Establishment are all in the Blue camp.  And none of them realize that they are being used.  And those that might, don't care.  And when they wake up, it is too late.  In human existence, the trend is to reach equilibrium or Maximum Entropy.  For thousands of years Man lives in such a state and every once in a while, a spark of spirit comes along and creates a new birth of freedom. but in time through the curse of Ignorance and Apathy, Man squanders this opportunity.  I certainly hope that when the list of all the civilizations in the Universe are analyzed for its greatest achievement, ours is not listed as NHS.  There has to be better.  Right now, Man is like the servant that received the one talent in the Parable of the Talents.

Every human being strives for power and control. The question is this an organized siezing of total control or socially obtained bias?

In other words we all have boundaries that we don't want people to cross. If people cross those boundaries we will not sup at their table and we are not likely to invite them into our fold. This creates a socially induced bias. 

For instance a gentleman I have known for a long time publicly stated his opinions that gay people are unnatural and that they should not get married. That crossed my boundary. Another stranger recently attacked my Daughter in law for her political choice and told her she was supporting baby killing. That crossed my boundaries.

I will, as a human being striving for the control and the power over my environment not allow this hate into my environment.

This however if done every time someone states a belief I don't agree with could cripple me from learning about the good things these people may have to offer.

Hollywood is full of people who surround themselves with yes men and quite possibly have pushed a liberal ideal above others because of this but is it organized? Or just a group of people patting each other on the back mindlessly.

Also in some cases are there times when entertainers are right in what they say?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

But I want to know why people are so convinced it has anything to do with politics.

I haven't noticed anyone saying that Weinstein behaved as he did due to how he votes.  But he was able to do it for DECADES without being arrested or even shamed because of his position within the political power base of the Left in U.S. politics.  I suspect that even among his peers in LaLa Land, he was despised for his behavior but he had enough power - because of political and industry connections - to be perceived as untouchable.  I wonder if we'll ever hear the true story of why the NYT finally decided to gut him.

• Like 4

Woody Allen using the term "witch hunt" is a slap in the face to any woman (or man) who's been subjected to sexual intimidation. He's comparing holding people accountable for real-life, career-ending intimidation to a horrific campaign against imaginary witches.

What he's really saying is, "Let's not get too serious about holding people accountable for their crass behavior." 

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 3

There have been rumours about Woody for years.   I think it is self preservation.  I wonder what he doesn't want to be coming out about him?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, and then said:

I haven't noticed anyone saying that Weinstein behaved as he did due to how he votes.  But he was able to do it for DECADES without being arrested or even shamed because of his position within the political power base of the Left in U.S. politics.  I suspect that even among his peers in LaLa Land, he was despised for his behavior but he had enough power - because of political and industry connections - to be perceived as untouchable.  I wonder if we'll ever hear the true story of why the NYT finally decided to gut him.

You see I don't see how it has anything to do with politics, yes he gave money to Hillary, yes she accepted it but it was and still is rumour. It was not her job to investigate him. Harvey was doing this before the Republicans where in office but people have claimed, (in this thread) that Hillary was somehow to blame.

I  believe it is more industry a group of yes men and woman in Hollywood patting each other on the back and just mindlessly accepting it as envitable and unchangeable whispers behind closed doors. Regardless of political affiliation.

Exit: my mistake the claim Hillary should have investigated was made in a different thread.

• Like 1

Also I would like to add I have only just noticed the original Wienstien thread was actually posted in the politics section.

That states that someone obviously thought it was more about politics than a man being a creep surrounding himself with people who supported or hid his creepiness.

(That is both threads moved out of the politics section now)

• Like 3

Listen to the last comment made by Barbara Walters here as Corey Feldman speaks on pedophiles in the entertainment industry.

• Like 4

It really would be nice if Corey named names right now. This might be his only chance to not be ignored before it’s an old story again.

• Like 5

His alleged son, Ronan Farrow, started the public revelations about Harvey Weinstein. Ronan is the alleged son of Woody Allen and Mia Farrow. Some folks think that Frank Sinatra is his biological dad. It's a bit ironic, anyway.  

My guess is that we'll hear about more perpetrators and more victims. It's like how it takes one person to start something, and then many people join in on it. I just hope that they go after the worst creeps, like Singer, who prey on underage kids. They're the most dangerous, destructive individuals in Hollywood.

• Like 3

Just as sick as any pedophile or rapist are those who know about them and keep their secrets in a blackmail dossier. Is there really a difference between them? 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, seeder said:

who really cares what a weirdo like Woody thinks anyway?

My thoughts exactly....and i read this in the comments section , sums it up really, :tu:

Someone who cheated on his live-in girlfriend with her daughter should really keep silent about things related to perverts.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/15/woody-allen-on-weinstein-scandal-dont-want-it-to-lead-to-witch-hunt-atmosphere.html

• Like 3