Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 5
aztek

'Men have issues too!' Controversial female '

85 posts in this topic

'Men have issues too!' Controversial female 'activist' group poses in skimpy outfits for sexy calendar to fight for MALE empowerment, claiming men's rights are being 'ignored by society'

'And now that women have basically all their rights, and you see how men are, for example, way more likely to be sentenced for a crime and much more harshly, you have to think men have issues too. So why can't we talk about that?'

Vanessa along with fellow activists Reading Wren and Becky Quinton plan to get the conversation started while posing in skimpy outfits for the 'Lovely Ladies for Men's Issues 2018' calendar. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4988922/Activists-strip-bring-awareness-men-s-issues.html#ixzz4vnq44m00 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even thou i agree with them, i do think it divides us even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aztek said:

even thou i agree with them, i do think it divides us even more.

Some men advocate for women's rights, some women advocate for men's rights. All I see is equality lol

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, aztek said:

even thou i agree with them, i do think it divides us even more.

True, but why? Cause once it is found that that women actually have it better then men in nearly every aspect of life, feminists wont have anything to claim victimhood over.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to see these skimpy outfits before I have any thoughts on the merits of the project.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my own experience in divorce court, men have no rights and have to fight hard and dirty to get a decent ruling.

Child support is ridiculousness, at least the way its set up.

Long short-found my ex to be living with a convicted child molester. He was sent to prison, she let me take the kids while she figured out how to put her life together. I filed for custody.

A year later we finally have the court date, i am ordered to turn my kids over who were making straightA's, didnt want to go, pay 1000 a month in support plus insurance.

She owns two rental houses, plus her own home, two vehicles, one being a 2015 sport coupe. I scratch to get by and cant even afford to have my kids visit. Now my 9 year old is failing math and lit, i will have to come up with the money somehow to pay another lawyer and, oh yeah, i havent been able to keep up regular visits. So theres that hurtle.

Its just not right.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'll get that, to read the articles...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the issues men have is the way they are portrayed in advertising.  In most commercials on TV, no matter what product is being sold, men are presented as helpless idiots who need to be rescued by women and children.  Men are used to show that only the clueless are unaware of the benefits of the product being touted but the woman in the scene already knows.  In these little vignettes men are routinely ridiculed, abused, and relegated to insignificance.  It would be naïve to think that this attitude is not an influence on the viewers.  The whole point of advertising is to influence people.  This could be corrected immediately and at no cost.  

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, aztek said:

'Men have issues too!' Controversial female 'activist' group poses in skimpy outfits for sexy calendar to fight for MALE empowerment, claiming men's rights are being 'ignored by society'

'And now that women have basically all their rights, and you see how men are, for example, way more likely to be sentenced for a crime and much more harshly, you have to think men have issues too. So why can't we talk about that?'

Vanessa along with fellow activists Reading Wren and Becky Quinton plan to get the conversation started while posing in skimpy outfits for the 'Lovely Ladies for Men's Issues 2018' calendar. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4988922/Activists-strip-bring-awareness-men-s-issues.html#ixzz4vnq44m00 

I do agree, but we need to stop this victim mentally mind set that is making people shrink their responsibilities. I appreciate them stepping up to protect men's rights, but we don't need to divide the nation anymore or create more victims.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

I do agree, but we need to stop this victim mentally mind set that is making people shrink their responsibilities. I appreciate them stepping up to protect men's rights, but we don't need to divide the nation anymore or create more victims.

I understand what you are saying here US, I really do. As men we are raised to take all the crap, and not complain. And I cant totally dig that.

However this is why from now, till the foreseeable future, men will get the short end of the stick in nearly every category. All while being told we are the oppressor's.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

From my own experience in divorce court, men have no rights and have to fight hard and dirty to get a decent ruling.

Child support is ridiculousness, at least the way its set up.

Long short-found my ex to be living with a convicted child molester. He was sent to prison, she let me take the kids while she figured out how to put her life together. I filed for custody.

A year later we finally have the court date, i am ordered to turn my kids over who were making straightA's, didnt want to go, pay 1000 a month in support plus insurance.

She owns two rental houses, plus her own home, two vehicles, one being a 2015 sport coupe. I scratch to get by and cant even afford to have my kids visit. Now my 9 year old is failing math and lit, i will have to come up with the money somehow to pay another lawyer and, oh yeah, i havent been able to keep up regular visits. So theres that hurtle.

Its just not right.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that Wes. There are a million stories just like yours. Makes me sick.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a recent documentary called the red pill. I highly recommend it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm. First inclination...what's the catch? Ok, nevermind.

Edited by WoIverine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

From my own experience in divorce court, men have no rights and have to fight hard and dirty to get a decent ruling.

Child support is ridiculousness, at least the way its set up.

Long short-found my ex to be living with a convicted child molester. He was sent to prison, she let me take the kids while she figured out how to put her life together. I filed for custody.

A year later we finally have the court date, i am ordered to turn my kids over who were making straightA's, didnt want to go, pay 1000 a month in support plus insurance.

She owns two rental houses, plus her own home, two vehicles, one being a 2015 sport coupe. I scratch to get by and cant even afford to have my kids visit. Now my 9 year old is failing math and lit, i will have to come up with the money somehow to pay another lawyer and, oh yeah, i havent been able to keep up regular visits. So theres that hurtle.

Its just not right.

 

Damn Wes. Have I got the club for you!

 

 

Edited by F3SS
5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MRA/Red Pillers are human trash. They regularly defend rape, they have some ridiculous notion that women who talk to them owe them sex or they are prudes and whores, etc. I mean browse r/TheRedPill for five minutes, truly revolting. 

Also only 4% of paternity cases actually go to court, in the vast majority of cases the father agrees to give majority or even full custody over to the mother. A much bigger problem than this MRA nonsense is fathers not wanting much to do with their kids after they are no longer with the mother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, us poor oppressed middle-aged males! How ever will we ever survive now that we're no longer entrenched at the top of the social pecking order?

Edited by Likely Guy
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Oh, us poor oppressed middle-aged males! How ever will we ever survive now that we're no longer entrenched at the top of the social pecking order?

That’s a great question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

That’s a great question.

I guess we'll just have to live with it.

Edited by Likely Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Oh, us poor oppressed middle-aged males! How ever will we ever survive now that we're no longer entrenched at the top of the social pecking order?

Just ask us Woman we will help you.

 

Joking aside, the point of shared parenting has been brought up. I know of Dads who are heart broken when it's time for the kids to go back to Mum. Those men are awesome and their children will benefit from them.

But for every story of a heart broken dad there is atleast one story of a tiered, hard working, underfunded, single mother forced into  playing the part of Mum and Dad. Sometimes without any interest from the father.

Point being you could argue for either side of the debate that the system isn't fair.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, From There said:

 

Also only 4% of paternity cases actually go to court,

actually every divorce case involving kids goes thru court,  that is where judge makes a spouse pay child support, and other payments. based on last few years income.  yes custody fights are not  that common, but what is common is court being on female side regardless of situation, 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one every wants to see me in a skimpy outfit.   That has got to be some sort of ism.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2017 at 5:22 PM, aztek said:

'Men have issues too!' Controversial female 'activist' group poses in skimpy outfits for sexy calendar to fight for MALE empowerment, claiming men's rights are being 'ignored by society'

'And now that women have basically all their rights, and you see how men are, for example, way more likely to be sentenced for a crime and much more harshly, you have to think men have issues too. So why can't we talk about that?'

Vanessa along with fellow activists Reading Wren and Becky Quinton plan to get the conversation started while posing in skimpy outfits for the 'Lovely Ladies for Men's Issues 2018' calendar. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4988922/Activists-strip-bring-awareness-men-s-issues.html#ixzz4vnq44m00 

I have to say.. I'm underwhelmed with the Lovely Ladies for Men's Issues. I thought the story silly enough to check back though the article and even hit up their website and the Modern Medusa channel. Seems more like a propaganda on the behalf of this gal and a few of her friends to get themselves noticed out there under the guise of men's issues rather than actually being about men's issues.

I grew up in a strong woman household- and also have been kin to some of the most heartbreaking male scenarios. And a lot of in-betweens.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Oh, us poor oppressed middle-aged males! How ever will we ever survive now that we're no longer entrenched at the top of the social pecking order?

This is the typical reaction and why I think any male problems are ignored.

If you have a complaint you get called a baby or wuss. Basically anything thst attacks someone's masculinity implying that they are just weak babies. 

Talking about male problems does not mean female problems do not exist. Both can be true at the same time 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aztek said:

actually every divorce case involving kids goes thru court,  that is where judge makes a spouse pay child support, and other payments. based on last few years income.  yes custody fights are not  that common, but what is common is court being on female side regardless of situation, 

Uh no they don't. Plenty of divorced couples decide between themselves or through an out of court mediator. I should know my parents decided without the courts when they got divorced. Again only 4% actually go to trial, 96% of cases are decided between the parents. The problem is dads not being bothered with the kids after leaving the mother, maybe the MRA rape cult should focus on that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

This is the typical reaction and why I think any male problems are ignored.

If you have a complaint you get called a baby or wuss. Basically anything thst attacks someone's masculinity implying that they are just weak babies. 

Talking about male problems does not mean female problems do not exist. Both can be true at the same time 

What kind of complaint?  I  will admit to telling my 20 year old son to harden up when he complains the butter is hard to spread on his toast.

But if the problem is bigger than that say something like, sexual harassment, or pay equality or maybe all the woman at thier place of work are getting the promotions, then the problem is with those people who refer to men as wuss or baby. And are not listening to the issues these Men are having.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 5

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.