Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Right to an education without indoctrination.

lost_shaman

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Its the best place to learn the basics of politics. To learn the process. It shouldn't be used as a tool to push certain ideologies.

A tool by whom? This whole thread topic is predicated on the assumption that this is somehow institutional. As though teachers have instructions from the highers up to push certain ideologies. The reality is that sometimes, some individual teachers may express opinions or enter into debate with students. This is not indoctrination, and it is not partisan - which may be the main point that truthseeker needs to come understand. This is just what happens when you have people taught by humans. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Narcisse said:

If a kid is home schooled they just end up being indoctrinated by their parents...so it's not about them being indoctrinated...but what they're being indoctrinated with.

Well, they're already indoctrinated by their parents whether they're home schooled or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

A tool by whom? This whole thread topic is predicated on the assumption that this is somehow institutional. As though teachers have instructions from the highers up to push certain ideologies. The reality is that sometimes, some individual teachers may express opinions or enter debate with students. This is not indoctrination, and it is not partisan - which may be the main point that truthseeker needs to come understand.

Depends on where you are from. What state you live in. In Cali they are having full blown drag queens who look like they are ready for Halloween teaching pre K classes on gender identity. Now I don't care who you are, or how you lean politically. That should disturb anyone. Deeply  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I didn't live in Pennsylvania as child (have never lived there actually). I also highly suspect these school districts policies were eventually overturned by higher courts. I'm sure places in the so called 'Bible Belt' did these things as well. That doesn't mean that such practices weren't eventually overturned and removed.

I believe they were overturned and I agree that this went on in many other places also, but that counters what I thought you in general were asserting, that today teachers supposedly talk about religion and politics where in the past they didn't.  For religion at least, the exact opposite has happened, I think teachers talk less about religion today than they did when we were growing up because there are more people and institutions today like the ACLU that will smack them down if they try it.  Sure, Free Exercise vs. Establishment Clause issues concerning religion in schools occur today, but there's way less illegal prayer in schools today for example than there was.

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Where I grew up they seem to have been able to do this, certainly we can manage to achieve this nowadays.

For religion, public schools have already largely achieved it today, it was the behavior of teachers in the past that was more the problem.

18 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

In Cali they are having full blown drag queens who look like they are ready for Halloween teaching pre K classes on gender identity. Now I don't care who you are, or how you lean politically. That should disturb anyone. Deeply  

Oh, how will those poor kids ever survive. It's been 20 years and the scars of Mrs Doubtfire still haunt me every day.

Why do you have a problem with this? Trans people exist. Shouldn't kids be educated about the subject and have it normalised, to save us having another generation of people persecuting trans people for something that doesn't actually affect them? That's basically what happened with homosexuality, and look, they don't go to prison or get fired from jobs or get chemically castrated or anything now because of their sexual orientation, and it's only been 50 years. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Oh, how will those poor kids ever survive. It's been 20 years and the scars of Mrs Doubtfire still haunt me every day.

Why do you have a problem with this? Trans people exist. Shouldn't kids be educated about the subject and have it normalised, to save us having another generation of people persecuting trans people for something that doesn't actually affect them? That's basically what happened with homosexuality, and look, they don't go to prison or get fired from jobs or get chemically castrated or anything now because of their sexual orientation, and it's only been 50 years. 

Not in pre K no they shouldn't. Thanks for the post though, seriously. It proves that this thread is valid, and that children are being indoctrinated, you just don't care.

ETA

So you think its a good idea to push drag queens on children, cause of things that no longer happen? What?

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Not in pre K no they shouldn't. Thanks for the post though, seriously. It proves that this thread is valid, and that children are being indoctrinated, you just don't care.

ETA

So you think its a good idea to push drag queens on children, cause of things that no longer happen? What?

Teaching kids that trans people are normal so to reduce fear, hatred and persecution, and then naming it indoctrination, is like teaching a white kid that a black person is just like him and calling it indoctrination. In that sense, all morality based teachings in school (and society in general) are indoctrination. And rightly so.

The fact that you call them "drag queens" shows me that you are quite an ignorant person. Your posts on this subject in the past show me that you're also intolerant. I know that you are deeply religious, so I'm guessing you're the kind of guy who thinks the same way about homosexuality, only you can't voice those opinions on this board in this day and age, or anywhere really where someone who isn't a horrible human being will let it go unchallenged. Oh well, in 20 years time, the same will apply to your comments on trans people. And that was my point in the last post. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Teaching kids that trans people are normal so to reduce fear, hatred and persecution, and then naming it indoctrination, is like teaching a white kid that a black person is just like him and calling it indoctrination. In that sense, all morality based teachings in school (and society in general) are indoctrination. And rightly so.

The fact that you call them "drag queens" shows me that you are quite an ignorant person. Your posts on this subject in the past show me that you're also intolerant. I know that you are deeply religious, so I'm guessing you're the kind of guy who thinks the same way about homosexuality, only you can't voice those opinions on this board in this day and age, or anywhere really where someone who isn't a horrible human being will let it go unchallenged. Oh well, in 20 years time, the same will apply to your comments on trans people. And that was my point in the last post. 

Mm Ex they are drag queens. They call themselves drag queens.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/style/drag-queen-story-hour-puts-the-rainbow-in-reading.html

21DRAG1-WEB-superJumbo.jpg

Edited by preacherman76

BTW EMM you know a lot less about me then you think you do.

I have no problem with people who are gay, trans, whatever. I just stood up for a gay couple and convinced a photographer that he should take pictures at their wedding. That we are to do all things in love. Well so much as we are humanly able. I did this against the tide of my own peers.

My problem is watching these very adult situations being pushed on children. Especially very small children who don't yet know nearly anything about themselves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Mm Ex they are drag queens. They call themselves drag queens.

I still don't see the problem. They likely did it that way to make the whole thing (subjectively) fun.

I grew up with cable/satellite, and the adverts for the newly released movies are replayed all across all the channels over and over and over again. I remember vividly all these promotions from when I was a kid: Speed, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, Independence Day. One of the ad campaigns I remember was for a film called Priscilla Queen of the Desert. We must have seen the advert 100 times (at least) with all that camp, gay, cross dressing stuff going on. The point I'm making is that people will be exposed to this stuff in some form or another, usually when they're young. Why not control the situation in an environment where you can educate them and normalise it? 

Is it that you're afraid their trans might rub off on the kids? They might somehow become trans just by seeing one? Funny, that's something the people used to also think about homosexuals. 

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

BTW EMM you know a lot less about me then you think you do.

I have no problem with people who are gay, trans, whatever. I just stood up for a gay couple and convinced a photographer that he should take pictures at their wedding. That we are to do all things in love. Well so much as we are humanly able. I did this against the tide of my own peers.

My problem is watching these very adult situations being pushed on children. Especially very small children who don't yet know nearly anything about themselves.

Yeah, it is getting very weird in Commiefornia. Now they are producing Buzzfeed type videos introducing kids to sex toys. When I say "kids", I mean like 11 year old kids. It's extremely uncomfortable to watch, no matter how fun the music they use.

Something I've been pondering lately: maybe the Christian right was....right? Maybe there is something to the moral decay of the progressive Left that all started with gay marriage. They didn't even take a moment to celebrate that victory then it was on to trans-bathrooms. They got trans-bathrooms so naturally they've moved on to hormone replacement and puberty blockers for kids(?) 

Now they are just straight up sexualizing children. Note that ALL of this took place in a very, very short span of time. When did Obama legalize gay marriage? Look how far down the rabbit hole we have gone since then.

"Give them an inch and..."

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Yeah, it is getting very weird in Commiefornia. Now they are producing Buzzfeed type videos introducing kids to sex toys. When I say "kids", I mean like 11 year old kids. It's extremely uncomfortable to watch, no matter how fun the music they use.

Something I've been pondering lately: maybe the Christian right was....right? Maybe there is something to the moral decay of the progressive Left that all started with gay marriage. They didn't even take a moment to celebrate that victory then it was on to trans-bathrooms. They got trans-bathrooms so naturally they've moved on to hormone replacement and puberty blockers for kids(?) 

Now they are just straight up sexualizing children. Note that ALL of this took place in a very, very short span of time. When did Obama legalize gay marriage? Look how far down the rabbit hole we have gone since then.

Yep. They want to destroy any semblance of normalcy. Guess its the way of most great empires. Self destruction.

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/02/drag-queens-sexually-charged-act-for-public-school-talent-show-done-in-front-of-kids-as-young-as-5/

I mean come on EMM. Take a good look at this, and tell me this is appropriate for 5 year olds 

That's shocking and that person should not have done that (or have been allowed to) but it's hardly what we're talking about. We're talking about educating them, not whatever that seriously inappropriate farce was. 

5 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Maybe there is something to the moral decay of the progressive Left that all started with gay marriage.

You think gay marriage is immoral?

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Yep. They want to destroy any semblance of normalcy. Guess its the way of most great empires. Self destruction.

Look at the terminology they use for an insight in to their ideology: promoting the "traditional family" became "harmful gender stereotypes". Being a classic man is now "toxic masculinity". 

They are bent on destroying traditional Western structures, whether consciously or not. Interestingly, most blue haired, depressed, gender-fluid trans people come from broken homes. Fancy that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Look at the terminology they use for an insight in to their ideology: promoting the "traditional family" became "harmful gender stereotypes". Being a classic man is now "toxic masculinity". 

They are bent on destroying traditional Western structures, whether consciously or not. Interestingly, most blue haired, depressed, gender-fluid trans people come from broken homes. Fancy that. 

And that's against the grain of proven statistics. The traditional family is on average by far the best situation for children.

I think most of these people are just along for the ride, and have no idea the harm they are doing. The ones who planned all this know damn well what they are doing.

And it gets even more crazy. Just this morning on BBC, a MSM network, I literally heard a trans black person say that every white person on the planet is "inherently evil, and are the most destructive force on this planet."  

These people are going to force us to kill them. smh 

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You think gay marriage is immoral?

Nope. I 100% supported it at the time and I still do. I do think it's weird they fought so hard to appropriate the term "marriage" and once they had it, they didn't do much with it. Marriage rates in the homosexual community are relatively low and divorce rates are high. Why is the progressive Left so intent on redefining existing concepts if not to break them down? Once they achieve a "win", they just push the envelope to the bleeding edge again and fight for that cause. 

IMO this has always been about breaking down tradition because the progressive Left doesn't feel like are part of it. I think there are some serious, personal psychological reasons for why they do what they do. Their actions don't suggest they are championing these causes only for the sake of equality.

They are always intent on dismantling the system but they never offer anything to replace it with. Anarchy in a nutshell, I guess?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

And it gets even more crazy. Just this morning on BBC, a MSM network, I literally heard a trans black person say that every white person on the planet is "inherently evil, and are the most destructive force on this planet."  

These people are going to force us to kill them. smh 

Yikes. Let's try and move on from that thought...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Yikes. Let's try and move on from that thought...

Yea my bad. When I heard it this morning, I couldn't help but to think that was exactly how Hitler got people so stirred up. I take no pleasure in the thought.

Imagine finding out, just this morning, that I, inherently no less, am the most evil destructive force on the planet. By main stream media, and the idea went completely unchallenged. When folks start talking like that something really bad is about to happen.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

The pace of forced social engineering was probably as responsible for Trump's victory as was the economic morass caused by Obama's "Fundamental Change".  Criminalizing the thoughts and behaviors of the majority will lead to conflict, not coexistence.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

That's shocking and that person should not have done that (or have been allowed to) but it's hardly what we're talking about. We're talking about educating them, not whatever that seriously inappropriate farce was. 

Bro, honestly, I hear about this kinda thing all the time. There is an agenda. No other way about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Bro, honestly, I hear about this kinda thing all the time. There is an agenda. No other way about it.

You hear about Showgirls-style performances in front of children all the time? If this was en mass, then I'm sure it would be all over the news.

An agenda? What agenda? For what purpose?

When did right-wing and conspiracy online posters become interchangeable? When did this happen? Everything is a conspiracy with American conservative posters. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yea my bad. When I heard it this morning, I couldn't help but to think that was exactly how Hitler got people so stirred up. I take no pleasure in the thought.

Imagine finding out, just this morning, that I, inherently no less, am the most evil destructive force on the planet. By main stream media, and the idea went completely unchallenged. When folks start talking like that something really bad is about to happen.

What's going to happen is all the progressive Left finger pointing will create all the monsters they are afraid of. By continually injecting white guilt in to young minds, telling black kids to be afraid of Cops, etc. we are headed in to a very volatile future. The prog Left is literally creating a 4th Reich - an entire generation of young Conservatives that will kick the pendulum really hard back towards nationalism and white pride. The counter reaction to culture will not be a good one. If you think Trump getting elected as a reaction the left was bad...I got sour news for ya.. 

• Like 3