Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When you die you KNOW you're dead

seeder

55 minutes ago, The Narcisse said:

*Bogus Journey

My mistake, it’s been quite a few years 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Hey Joc

Have you seen the map we have modeled on a human brain of the synaptic and neural pathways? It's called a connector and it's pretty impressive 

article-2302847-190B9C81000005DC-174_634

There are 10,000 suspected connections to each neuron, and with that level of intracacy it seems logical that if hearing is the last sense to go, then that network is shutting down in a pattern, which would explain the NDE anecdotes very well IMHO and I feel would have massive implications for Parnias AWARE project. I suspect it is more likely the reason for Parnias interest in NDE claims. 

This is a good read. 

https://newatlas.com/connectome-wiring-diagram-human-brain/39659/

A mouse brain has been mapped, of we could map a human brain we could possibly actually work out a way to cheat death. 

I get a chance I'll give it a look! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah it only happens with around 25% of heart attack victims. Doesn’t mean nothing happened, it just means he didn’t record a memory of it. 

I listened to a cardiologist on this subject just a couple weeks ago. He was quite convinced something amazing happens that so far can’t even be close to explained by science. He had been compiling stories from his own patients for many years. 

I heard him directly say he believes due to the high frequency of cases, that are personalized but nearly identical, that it most likely happens to them all. They just don’t remember it. 

It does show that people have different experiences. 

We are recording that 'something ' happens but why its beyond science is not apparent.

I find doctors are more adept with life rather than death. He may be right in that he simply doesnt remember the experience but he may be wrong and some might shut down faster than others. There's mundane explanations that can offer good indicators that the experience is entirely self generated. As such I dont see gow the article is proof of an afterlife or a seperate consciousness but what is amazing is what people will read into research when starting with a particular predisposition. 

If the person is later resuscitated and reports hearing things after they were announced to be deceased, then they may not have been deceased at all.

"Medically speaking, doctors define death based on when the heart no longer beats, which then immediately cuts off blood supply to the brain." If this is a standard definition of being dead, then maybe it needs to be redefined in light of what the study is suggesting. I am skeptical though about the info in the link because it would be better to read the actual study. In my opinion, I don't think someone can be resuscitated if they are dead. It sounds like resuscitation is happening when someone is near death.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KNash said:

If the person is later resuscitated and reports hearing things after they were announced to be deceased, then they may not have been deceased at all.

"Medically speaking, doctors define death based on when the heart no longer beats, which then immediately cuts off blood supply to the brain." If this is a standard definition of being dead, then maybe it needs to be redefined in light of what the study is suggesting. I am skeptical though about the info in the link because it would be better to read the actual study. In my opinion, I don't think someone can be resuscitated if they are dead. It sounds like resuscitation is happening when someone is near death.

Exactly the point. :tu:

Research into this area is more likely to redefine clinical death standard's. Its a zealous connection linking this with afterlife myths.

On 10/19/2017 at 3:17 AM, thelion318 said:

I remember reading about a man who, before his beheading, promised to blink if he was experiencing consciousness after the event. Witnesses said he blinked for more than a minute after separation.

I wish I never read that.