Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

On Trump Calling Families of Fallen Soldiers

OverSword

No matter how you slice it, he's not just trying to say the Congresswoman is a liar...he's trying to say a Gold Star Mother is a liar.

That just isn't a winning position. 

Best thing to do would be to apologize (but he never does that), and finally acknowledge what happened. He still hasn't spoken about it at all. 

It's bad enough that it was his stupid Muslim ban targeting the wrong country that put those people in danger to begin with. 

Edited by ChaosRose

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It's bad enough that it was his stupid Muslim ban targeting the wrong country that put those people in danger to begin with. 

*Obama's Muslim ban

The travel part of Trump’s order does target the same seven countries that were singled out with a law Obama signed in December 2015.

Silly correction but important.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Agent0range said:

If you aren't the best speaker in the world, don't call without a script.  Don't say you have "proof" of what you said without providing it.  This is a situation he can't win, with a congresswoman, and the family against him.  According to the family, he didn't even say his name, and kept referring to him as "your guy".  That is pretty disgusting.  The fact that he told a man that he would give him $25,000 because his son died is highly inappropriate.  Is he going to do that for everyone?  A letter would suffice in this situation, especially considering that prior to his presidency, we are used to thousands of Soldiers dying a year.

I wonder what the families of the three soldiers that didn't just happen to be riding in a limousine with a democratic congress woman during the call have to say about their calls?  This particular family and their reaction to the call seems to be partisan.  Shame on them for using the death of their son for partisan political reasons.  Good for the president to personally make a call to the families of four people who's deaths, for whatever reason, seem to have affected him hard.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I wonder what the families of the three soldiers that didn't just happen to be riding in a limousine with a democratic congress woman during the call have to say about their calls? 

This Democratic congresswoman?

After White House Chief of Staff Gen. John Kelly gave a deeply personal and emotionally-charged statement against the politicization of fallen soldiers and their grieving families, Florida Democratic Congresswoman Frederica Wilson laughed to reporters about her role in stirring up the controversy over President Trump's painful call to a Gold Star widow.

"You mean to tell me that I have become so important that the White House is following me and my words," Rep. Wilson laughingly told Miami 7 News on Thursday. "That's amazing! This is amazing! That is absolutely phenomenal! I'll have to tell my kids that I'm a rock star now!"

Trump's name makes headlines, good or bad. Lots of political nobodies are willing to trample over others to stand in Trump's media shadow.

11 hours ago, third_eye said:

Just curious here bub, what was it about Obama to you that is your defined 'smug arrogance and lawless way' but is not when it applies only to Sparky ?

~

I think it's not so much lawless, but 90% of what he "got done" was through bypassing congress with presidential orders, which is a house of cards just begging for the next president to countermand, something he can not do when laws are created through the proper channels.  Obama was a very elegant speech giver but actually a pretty bad president that couldn't reach across the aisle and cooperate with the opposing party and is going to leave no legacy because of the things I mention above.

• Like 2

The White House says there is no transcript of the phone call so all we have is the word of a Democratic Congresswoman to accurately relay to the public what was said on the call.

...does anyone else see a problem with that? Can anyone confirm that Trump said those exact words, or, since all major media outlets are staunchly Liberal, are we just taking Fredrica Wilson at face value cause she wears a blue shirt and not a red one?

"Out of context" is a phrase that's almost lost all meaning in 2017. Yet here we are, again, bickering over something Trump said that no one has confirmed. You would think after getting fingers snapped in the MSM mouse trap a few times, we would stop taking the bait. 

6 hours ago, toast said:

There is no need to search. He delivers. With a constantly increasing pace from the beginning on.

To be fair most of the so called scandals are of the "OMG look at the shoes he wore to the flood" variety.  I'm not a Trump supporter by any means but if one is honest with themselves about the "scandals" one has to admit that most of it is a from a partisan press that has been trying to make a big deal out of nothing impeachable.  Trump is a big mouthed, unthoughtful, shallow person who was elected to the highest office with no political experience and a very easy target. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I think it's not so much lawless, but 90% of what he "got done" was through bypassing congress with presidential orders, which is a house of cards just begging for the next president to countermand, something he can not do when laws are created through the proper channels.  Obama was a very elegant speech giver but actually a pretty bad president that couldn't reach across the aisle and cooperate with the opposing party and is going to leave no legacy because of the things I mention above.

That's what it looks like or made to look like doesn't it? ... bearing in mind the State of the 'proper channels' were so dead locked on partisan issues it kinda begs the question on 'what is left' on the table that isn't Right ? No matter how you wanna weigh in the numbers you just can't escape the fact that it is now the minority that holds the US in ransom, while the real majority are just apathetic ... it's not about who did what or how, to who ... its all about making things so far off the edge of bad that no one in their right mind wants to pick up the pieces or shoulder the task of cleaning up a mess made by a previous administration, it's mind bending is what it is ... I hope you 'The People' is keeping notes fresh and keeping up with the 'Facts' because somehow or another it seems that Truth and Real were sliced into so many tiny pieces of Trump altered definitions that I doubt anyone can or even cares to really walk down this path again trying to figure out what the hell happened ?

At least that's what things looks like from across the world ...

~

24 minutes ago, third_eye said:

That's what it looks like or made to look like doesn't it? ... bearing in mind the State of the 'proper channels' were so dead locked on partisan issues it kinda begs the question on 'what is left' on the table that isn't Right ?

It's hard to say they were really deadlocked on issues that never were voted on.  Other presidents such as Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush jr. compromised and got legislation passed.  Remember George Sr.  famously stating "Read my lips, no new taxes" but when it came down to it he implemented new taxes because that's what it took to get bi-partisan support from congress and get things done.  He needed to compromise in order to keep the government running and get a budget passed.  Obama did not.  Obama let the government shut down rather than working across the aisle.   That is the truth, Obama was a terrible leader which can be judged by the fact that he did not lead, he dictated through presidential decree.  He passed one major piece of legislation through the proper channels (the ACA) and his unwillingness to work both sides of the aisle with that one cost him his democratic majority for the next seven years.  He truly was a terrible leader because he would not compromise or even take into consideration what the other half of the nation desired.  It's thanks to his type of running things and the fact that the democrats ran a candidate who was utterly unelectable in 2016 that we now are stuck with this dimwitted loudmouth.

12 hours ago, third_eye said:

Just curious here bub, what was it about Obama to you that is your defined 'smug arrogance and lawless way' but is not when it applies only to Sparky ?

~

PLEASE... yeah, DJ is an arrogant prick at times but he has shown great restraint up 'til now about simply using a pen to impose his will on the country.  Obama started that as soon as he lost the Dem majority that enabled him.  Trump may prove to be just as bad at some point but as of now, he isn't even close.  Oby simply did what he wished and forced the courts to deter him - which they did on several occasions.  He damaged this country in ways we don't fully appreciate, yet.  We may STILL have to go to war over the lack of leadership and respect that he squandered over 8 years.  We have tin-pot dictators rapidly acquiring the means to actually destroy our nation and that b****** did everything he could to help them to do.  I believe that he and his Party are traitors to my country and it wouldn't bother me in the least if I heard that he had suddenly assumed room temperature.  No one in the history of this country has worked harder to deserve such a fate.  If anyone does decide to take a shot at him, I just hope he's having dinner with Soros and HRC at the time ;) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, and then said:

We have tin-pot dictators rapidly acquiring the means to actually destroy our nation and that b****** did everything he could to help them to do. 

This. Our PM in Canada, pretty boy Justin Trudeau, is following Oby's legacy of catering to the enemy. I agree that the impact of Obama's executive orders and back room deals have not been fully felt at the ground level.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

The White House says there is no transcript of the phone call so all we have is the word of a Democratic Congresswoman to accurately relay to the public what was said on the call.

...does anyone else see a problem with that? Can anyone confirm that Trump said those exact words, or, since all major media outlets are staunchly Liberal, are we just taking Fredrica Wilson at face value cause she wears a blue shirt and not a red one?

"Out of context" is a phrase that's almost lost all meaning in 2017. Yet here we are, again, bickering over something Trump said that no one has confirmed. You would think after getting fingers snapped in the MSM mouse trap a few times, we would stop taking the bait. 

Well, there is the word of the actual gold star widow herself. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well, there is the word of the actual gold star widow herself. 

You mean mother, but who cares.  Making a scandal out of this is a disservice to every person in the military.  Trump being a moron, socially inept and a loudmouth is not a scandal it's just a fact of nature.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Agent0range said:

How, exactly, was America dying?  Was the economy not growing?  Were jobs not being created?  Was the stock market not up for multiple years?  Do you think this country wasn't great?

If you count less than 2% growth a year as growing then America wasn’t dying.  Jobs were always being created.  It was what was happening at the other end that mattered.  People were leaving the work force because they gave up looking.  Sure some of it was early retirement, but that doesn’t account for much of it.  Then the economy had become so stagnant that jobs (positions) were actually disappearing which added to the ranks of those out of the work force.  It was so bad that they had to play with how unemployment was calculated.  The actual unemployment rate under Obama had gotten to 25%.  If you understand what Quantitative Easing is, then you understand why the market has been up.  This was started under Bush but the intent was to be only for a year or two, not over a decade.  We were heading to a catastrophic bubble.  Have you ever taken a rubber ball into a pool and try to hold it under water?  What does that rubber ball try to do?  It wants to pop up to the surface.  If the rubber ball represents our economy, Obama was trying to keep it under water.  Now that Obama is gone, the economy is coming to the surface.  So I guess Obama can get the credit for an improving economy.  Another 4 to 8 years under Hilary would have seen the end of the middle class which would be to the delight of the party elites.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

No offense but to discredit trump you don't really have to search high and low. It's plain and simple.

No, you don’t.  The Big 5 makes this stuff up every minute of the day.  Their vehement hatred of the nation is clear.

Almost every time when he opens his mouth he does a disgrace to himself, his country and sadly other people.

No, you only disgrace yourself.  Trump is not as silver tongued as Obama.  Trump talks like the common man.  That is why he connects with people.  When you listen to Obama, you see a snake oil salesman.  Red flags go off and you hardly trust half of what he says.  Trump isn’t as articulate but he is honest (as much as any human can be in this world) and that shows through.  He’s far from perfect.  This is what sets the Big 5 off.  They can’t deal with that.

If you haven't figured this out by now you must be a trump supporter

:)

No, you and your ilk haven’t figured it out.  You’ve been bought and sold into slavery by the Progressives and their social engineering to reduce the middle class.  Did this nation need Fundamental Change?  Or to destroy this nation, you need Fundamental Change.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You mean mother, but who cares.  Making a scandal out of this is a disservice to every person in the military.  Trump being a moron, socially inept and a loudmouth is not a scandal it's just a fact of nature.

No I meant, the actual widow.  The one that Trump talked to. The wife of La David T. Johnson.

You are probably right about Trump's nature.  A guy who has problems with words is rather unqualified for a job where words have meaning, don't you think?   His poor abilities with words is what caused this scandal, which pretty much makes him the source of this disservice to the military.

Can't blame the puppy for having an accident in the house.  Have to blame the people that insist on keeping the puppy there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

No I meant, the actual widow.  The one that Trump talked to. The wife of La David T. Johnson.

I am having a hard time finding quotes from her. Plenty from the mother and the rodeo clown looking Congresswoman. It's completely understandable if Johnson's widow does not want to talk to the press.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You are probably right about Trump's nature.  A guy who has problems with words is rather unqualified for a job where words have meaning, don't you think?   His poor abilities with words is what caused this scandal, which pretty much makes him the source of this disservice to the military.

Can't blame the puppy for having an accident in the house.  Have to blame the people that insist on keeping the puppy there.

I nearly agree with you but his poor ability with words is not what caused this non-scandal, political opportunists trying to make a mountain out of a molehill are what is trying to make this poorly executed action of good intentions into a scandal.  Unfortunately a great deal of the one sided poor press about our current president are cut from this same meaningless cloth. 

By the way did you know that Melania is 25% more likely than ever to leave Donald because of body double rumors

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

You are probably right about Trump's nature.  A guy who has problems with words is rather unqualified for a job where words have meaning, don't you think?

Let’s see, Obama had a certain way with words but he had no experience in running a business, let a lone a nation.  Granted a good leader should have both but if he is lacking in one, a good leader makes up in other areas.  Where Obama failed, Trump succeeds.  Obama’s legacy is celebrity.  Trump had already achieved that and that is out of the way now.  His legacy is yet to come.

His poor abilities with words is what caused this scandal, which pretty much makes him the source of this disservice to the military.

No, a jealous hateful Progressive hearing only what she wanted (sticking her nose where it didn’t belong) created the scandal.

Well, the puppy is the Big 5.  And you are right, the people are responsible for putting them in Congress and going to their movies, etc.

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I nearly agree with you but his poor ability with words is not what caused this non-scandal, political opportunists trying to make a mountain out of a molehill are what is trying to make this poorly executed action of good intentions into a scandal.  Unfortunately a great deal of the one sided poor press about our current president are cut from this same meaningless cloth. 

By the way did you know that Melania is 25% more likely than ever to leave Donald because of body double rumors

Yeah, I saw the conspiracy theory pictures and whatnot on my Facebook feed.  It made for a fairly good laugh.  That started with Twitter too.  https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/10/20/16503870/fake-melania-conspiracy-theory-explained

Amazing how conspiracy theories and news stories take off from a single guy's twitter, no?

BTW, It's not just US media that bashes Trump.

The British are mad at Trump today because of a tweet: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-41695667

The Russians posted this about what the German foreign minister said: https://www.rt.com/news/407303-trump-destroys-iran-deal/

His issues with the media are global.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The actual unemployment rate under Obama had gotten to 25%. 

Why do you tell such nonsense? Do you believe it by yourself?

Fact check here

10 minutes ago, toast said:

Why do you tell such nonsense? Do you believe it by yourself?

Fact check here

You need to not only read the post in full but understand it.  Then you don’t have to worry about pulling your foot out of your mouth.  The way unemployment is calculated these days is very dishonest.  You need to look and the work force participation rate which is currently 63.1.  This means that of every able bodied worker at least 16 years or older 63% are working or actively looking for work.  That leaves 37% that are not working.  This includes retirees, students, incarcerated, people not of retirement age not seeking work, etc.  But the thing is is that more and more retirees and students are looking for part time work to make ends meet.  People are going without.  At it’s height under Obama, it was around 25% unemployment or underemployed.

• Like 3

I just listened to the call (it wasn't in a car) and I have to say...

Honestly, this is the best you guys can do?

http://nypost.com/2017/10/20/widow-o...ll-with-trump/

Feeling the facepalm yet?

The widow sure didn't seem upset in any way, shape or form in that whole call, and it was a good one.

And it wasn't in a car.

So, it took 6 months for that absolute lunatic of a Congress-critter to brow-beat the widow into saying she was offended by that?
And normal human beings are paying attention to this crap? 

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

You need to not only read the post in full but understand it.  Then you don’t have to worry about pulling your foot out of your mouth.  The way unemployment is calculated these days is very dishonest.  You need to look and the work force participation rate which is currently 63.1.  This means that of every able bodied worker at least 16 years or older 63% are working or actively looking for work.  That leaves 37% that are not working.  This includes retirees, students, incarcerated, people not of retirement age not seeking work, etc.  But the thing is is that more and more retirees and students are looking for part time work to make ends meet.  People are going without.  At it’s height under Obama, it was around 25% unemployment or underemployed.

So what are we trying to say here?  Is it a good thing that retirees and students have to work to make ends meet or a bad thing?  Do we want a low or high number?  Or is it just a number to throw around to fit a particular political agenda at any given time?

6 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I don't know if it was 25%, but not counting people as unemployed just because they gave up is kinda like not counting somebody as being dead because they committed suicide. 

• Like 2