Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Julio

Ghost hunting game

11 posts in this topic

So... I downloaded the ghost radar classic app about three years ago just to see if I can find anything out. I saw in a forum someone saying this is real and we need to be careful using such things because those ghosts may follow us... 

recently, someone reminded me of ghost hunting and I downloaded the app again. 

Just wonder if anyone has the experience with that app and if anyone understands how this works. Based on what was said in the app, it detects the quantum flux and interpret them in words and letters

for the letter on the right bottom corner, I keep getting letter “N”... I mean the most frequent letter I get is “N”... I don’t know what that means... maybe it’s related to the interpretation system. Maybe it’s just something meaningless. What I am saying is, maybe my environment creates something will cause the system interpret it as letter “N”... I also this letter when I change my location 

and for the words I’ve got, you know words are vague, much more vague than phrases and sentences, so I can’t say much about words I got. 

So, just wonder about how you guys think of ghost hunting and your experience with it. Some people say the mobile device can’t do ghost hunting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Yep, as soon as you see the word quantum, you know it's 100% legit.  And of course phones are equipped with sensors that work beyond our current knowledge levels...

 

In other words..  that N is for NO.  These are joke apps.  Have fun, but don't charge anyone, or tell them that they are for real.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For starters, when it comes to EMF's, phones which depend on radio frequency fluctuations in EMF's to communicate, however are only designed to detect specific frequencies, 800 to 2.2 ghz which is 2g, 3g..etc. Then you have the issue of natural changes in magnetic fields such as lamps..etc can overwhelm the background field. The magnetometer in mobile phones is impossible to interpret because most anything of interference causes these types of sensors to behave unpredictably. 

Lastly these ghost detectors are just for fun type apps. Even at best all they can do is report random background noise. All the sensors in a common phone are not for replacing the actual devices designed for such which can be on the pricey side. So even though your phone can measure radiation, doesn't mean you should go into Chernobyl and rely on your life with it, in fact I doubt any scientist out there would do such a thing. If you can't rely on it with your life then it's information provided to you is little more than "just for fun" which in this case translates to untrustworthy. I noticed the RTA meters are always going to be off because the mic's on most phones can't actually receive the full 20hz to 20khz spectrum in any accurate sense, therefore the SPL meter apps are also going to not be nearly as good as an actual SPL meter..which explains why a proper one costs $300 or more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have decompiled these apps and all they do is select words from a list.

 

6 hours ago, NightScreams said:

Lastly these ghost detectors are just for fun type apps. Even at best all they can do is report random background noise. All the sensors in a common phone are not for replacing the actual devices designed for such which can be on the pricey side. So even though your phone can measure radiation, doesn't mean you should go into Chernobyl and rely on your life with it, in fact I doubt any scientist out there would do such a thing. If you can't rely on it with your life then it's information provided to you is little more than "just for fun" which in this case translates to untrustworthy. I noticed the RTA meters are always going to be off because the mic's on most phones can't actually receive the full 20hz to 20khz spectrum in any accurate sense, therefore the SPL meter apps are also going to not be nearly as good as an actual SPL meter..which explains why a proper one costs $300 or more.

Ionizing radiation isn't the only kind of radiation. Light is radiation.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Julio said:

So... I downloaded the ghost radar classic app about three years ago just to see if I can find anything out. I saw in a forum someone saying this is real and we need to be careful using such things because those ghosts may follow us... 

recently, someone reminded me of ghost hunting and I downloaded the app again. 

Just wonder if anyone has the experience with that app and if anyone understands how this works. Based on what was said in the app, it detects the quantum flux and interpret them in words and letters

for the letter on the right bottom corner, I keep getting letter “N”... I mean the most frequent letter I get is “N”... I don’t know what that means... maybe it’s related to the interpretation system. Maybe it’s just something meaningless. What I am saying is, maybe my environment creates something will cause the system interpret it as letter “N”... I also this letter when I change my location 

and for the words I’ve got, you know words are vague, much more vague than phrases and sentences, so I can’t say much about words I got. 

So, just wonder about how you guys think of ghost hunting and your experience with it. Some people say the mobile device can’t do ghost hunting. 

As the others have said, it’s just an app.

There is a longer thread on here which confirmed that the apps code was extracted and how it works (random lists).

That is all, you should probably find the thread and post it on the other forum too. 

The easier it is to post online, the more that stupid people get their voices heard. Don’t get sucked in.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a ghost radar that can be used as a phone 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2017 at 2:42 PM, Matt221 said:

I've got a ghost radar that can be used as a phone 

You mean an actual device?

What do you mean by it can be used as a phone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Julio said:

You mean an actual device?

What do you mean by it can be used as a phone?

Oh dear 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Oh dear 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ghost radar is for entertainment purposes only.

It clearly says that no guarantees of accuracy or any warranties, since the results CANNOT be tested scientifically, the app should be used for entertainment purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For folks that are interested... Here's the thread from yesteryear that explains how the ghost radar app works:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.