Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I think someone is buried in my garden

AmethystW

Hello,

I would be very grateful for some help. The short(ish) story is, I think someone might be buried in my garden and I don't know how to give her peace. We've had the garden blessed by a rector, and sprinkled holy water in the garden, but she still doesn't have peace, and I think she wants us to find her remains. Apparently, a metal detector couldn't penetrate deeply enough, and ground penetrating radar would be no good. It would also be extremely hard to dig up the whole garden, and a séance in the hope of contacting her is out of the question.
Can anyone give me any advice on what I could do?

And here are the details, if you're interested:

Our house is very old, built in the early 1700s, and we've always seen/heard/felt ghosts etc., to the extent that we've had the house blessed by a rector several times.

Then recently, I started having dreams about a woman who had lived here, been killed and then buried somewhere in the garden. I thought it was nothing but I kept having the dreams so eventually mentioned it to my family and we had the rector around again to give the house another blessing in the hope that it would give her spirit peace, but then one night right after this blessing, I started to have a dream where I knew the woman was about to show me exactly how she died, so I woke myself up out of fear (which I probably shouldn't have done, but I was afraid). I didn't mention this to anyone, but a few months later, my brother casually mentioned he'd had a strange dream about experiencing a woman's death, and when he told me about it, it had a lot of details that had been in my dreams that I'd never told anyone, so we thought that perhaps she wasn't at rest. So we sprinkled some holy water in all the parts of the garden my brother and I had dreamt about, and just after we did that, something else happened which I won't go into because it was quite sinister, but it made me think that she still wasn't at rest.

A few days ago, my sister and I did a Tarot reading to see if we could find out whether she had peace or not, and it was pretty much unequivocal that she didn't.

We thought maybe a metal detector might be able to find something (if she was wearing any metal buttons or jewellery), but apparently, they can only find things about a foot down. I also checked into using ground penetrating radar, but for it to work, the ground/earth has to be very dry, which it never is around here. We could think about just digging in the garden to search, but the garden is very large so it would be extremely hard to dig up the whole thing looking for the remains, plus we're moving soon and if we did that, it would leave the garden in a terrible state for the new buyers.

A séance is out of the question because we've had so many paranormal experiences in this house that we're all agreed it would be a mistake to stir things up by trying one. Even if we could contact her, who knows what else might happen.

Obviously, this whole thing could just be one weird meaningless coincidence, but as we're going to be moving soon, if she does exist and she's not at rest, and I can help her in some way, I don't want to just leave her.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you so much for reading.

• Like 2

Have you told the people that are about to move in about all the ghostly happenings?

• Like 2

check local historical files to see if anyone died or went missing from that location, the library or even the cops will help with that.   simple,, end of the stress

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Have you told the people that are about to move in about all the ghostly happenings?

I meant "New tenants" in a hypothetical sense.

7 minutes ago, seeder said:

check local historical files to see if anyone died or went missing from that location, the library or even the cops will help with that.   simple,, end of the stress

Ain't no files to check! We just can't really find out anything about the house or anyone who used to live here (even though we can find fairly detailed records for the rest of the buildings on the same street). I'm in the process of contacting the police to ask if they have any missing persons cases or anything else suspicious connected with our address, but with the records being so scarce, and with both my brother and I getting the feeling that it was at least 100 years ago, I don't hold out much hope.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AmethystW said:

I meant "New tenants" in a hypothetical sense.

Ain't no files to check! We just can't really find out anything about the house or anyone who used to live here (even though we can find fairly detailed records for the rest of the buildings on the same street). I'm in the process of contacting the police to ask if they have any missing persons cases or anything else suspicious connected with our address, but with the records being so scarce, and with both my brother and I getting the feeling that it was at least 100 years ago, I don't hold out much hope.

well if you wanted to spend the money you could always get a reputable psychic to come out and walk round the garden....or whatever they call themselves nowadays.... just dont give them too much info to start with

But cops will have records of missing people going back for....well a long time I expect...  so I would start there...or do some internet searches.... search the address and also "missing person".... or "murder victim" or similar

• Like 3

Hold occult rituals, paranormal things happen. Hmmm. :whistle:

^ That wasn't an endorsement btw. lol

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 4

How do you feel about a psychic coming in to clear the place? If it's paranormal the psychic maybe able to connect and find out why the spirit is there, then give the spirit closure and then send to the light....

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, seanjo said:

See me, if I thought someone was buried in our garden I'd inform the Police...

Yeah me too... Then I'd get a clearing done. .. to help the spirit move on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seeder said:

well if you wanted to spend the money you could always get a reputable psychic to come out and walk round the garden....or whatever they call themselves nowadays.... just dont give them too much info to start with

But cops will have records of missing people going back for....well a long time I expect...  so I would start there...or do some internet searches.... search the address and also "missing person".... or "murder victim" or similar

Well, I'll certainly ask. It can't hurt. I'll also start looking into psychics around here.

1 hour ago, MauriOra said:

How do you feel about a psychic coming in to clear the place? If it's paranormal the psychic maybe able to connect and find out why the spirit is there, then give the spirit closure and then send to the light....

It's definitely worth a try. I've also considered holding a funeral in the garden if I can get the rector to go for that, but he's a busy man and I'm not sure if he will. At least, I'm not sure he'll have time in his schedule before we have to move.

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

Yes, but on the strength of a few dreams? I'm asking them for general information, but if I actually explain the whole bit about someone being buried here, don't you think it'll just be like the time Homer SImpson went to the police when he thought he'd seen an alien?

IT-02.gif

Edited by AmethystW
I wrote "her" instead of "here".
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, AmethystW said:

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you so much for reading.

First of all let me compliment your writing skills. A short version and a long version both well-written. 

Now, if you did find something through ground detection, why would you want to dig this lady up? And then what would you do? Why do you think that would help her spirit move on? To me, that would stir things up more possibly.

My thought is just try to give her peace through blessings through your rector and ask and guide her to move  on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

I wouldn't bother if I thought it was from another century. No need to complicate my life with the police.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MauriOra said:

I think that might be better advice than I just gave;)

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

What do you or others perceive this woman as wearing? What time period?  

• Like 2

Rather than going through your rector, find the local Pagan community and get some help from them.  As Wolverine said when you do "occult rituals" paranormal happens.   Usually the Pagans know who is on the up and up with spirit work.  You might even find someone who wants a ghost in residence to take the house off your hands.  I always thought it would be cool to turn a house known for hauntings into a bed and breakfast.  

You can find local Pagans through Witchvox.  http://www.witchvox.com/

Edited by Grandpa Greenman
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

if it's archaeological, they may be buried with treasure!

Treasure?? In that case calling the police was all my idea. A 40% consultant fee would be customary, I would think.

• Like 3

Hi amethyst. A thought came to me last night. If the spirit is revealing itself to you or your brother, family through dreams then it is asking for your help. What feelings arise when you see her? There maybe a resonance with you or your family and the spirit... There must be something in your character or personality or what you do for a living that the spirit resonates with.. From what I know spirits show themselves for a reason. She wants your help... and I believe you are there to do just that. Imagine how many decades she's been waiting for you to show up, to release her.. Your intent to help her won't go unnoticed..

• Like 2

10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

First of all let me compliment your writing skills. A short version and a long version both well-written. 

Now, if you did find something through ground detection, why would you want to dig this lady up? And then what would you do? Why do you think that would help her spirit move on? To me, that would stir things up more possibly.

My thought is just try to give her peace through blessings through your rector and ask and guide her to move  on.

Thank you for the compliment. :)
As for the rest of your post, to start with, we already tried the blessings from the rector and the holy water, she's still not at peace, plus the Tarot reading was adamant that she wanted us to do something else; secondly, both my brother and I have the strong feeling that she wants to be found. If we found her, what we'd do is bury her properly in consecrated ground. Both my brother and I had the feeling that she lived at least 100 years ago – an ordinary person from that period would likely believe in God wholeheartedly. Imagine how you would feel if you were a person of that time, and you were just buried anonymously somewhere, not in consecrated ground, with no prayers said for your soul during a proper funeral service. I really believe that's what she wants us to do.

10 hours ago, Liquid Light said:

What do you or others perceive this woman as wearing? What time period?  

She wore different things in different dreams; however, I just asked my brother for the first time if he had any intuitive feeling on when she lived, and he thought the late Victorian era. I've always thought the early Edwardian era, so we think it was probably around then.
10 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Rather than going through your rector, find the local Pagan community and get some help from them.  As Wolverine said when you do "occult rituals" paranormal happens.   Usually the Pagans know who is on the up and up with spirit work.  You might even find someone who wants a ghost in residence to take the house off your hands.  I always thought it would be cool to turn a house known for hauntings into a bed and breakfast.  

Very interesting idea, I'll definitely look into that. Btw, my grandfather's family ran a haunted guesthouse. They had some incredible experiences.
2 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Hi amethyst. A thought came to me last night. If the spirit is revealing itself to you or your brother, family through dreams then it is asking for your help. What feelings arise when you see her? There maybe a resonance with you or your family and the spirit... There must be something in your character or personality or what you do for a living that the spirit resonates with.. From what I know spirits show themselves for a reason. She wants your help... and I believe you are there to do just that. Imagine how many decades she's been waiting for you to show up, to release her.. Your intent to help her won't go unnoticed..

It's strange, isn't it? I really don't know why she chose me, because in regards to psychicness/receptiveness, I'd put myself at the lower end of the scale in my family. My brother, on the other hand, can be shockingly psychic, and to be honest I'm surprised she didn't go to him first – though my brother and I both dreamt that she'd been killed by a man, so perhaps she felt more comfortable originally appearing to a woman.
As for feelings during the dreams, I would say dread and fear, and my brother felt a deep, overwhelming sadness; and another thing that we both felt during the dreams (even though I'd never told my brother this part before he had his dream) was that she was pregnant when she was murdered. Maybe that has something to do with it? Now I come to think about it, the rector only said blessings for her. I really don't know. I'll start looking into the suggestions, and hopefully the police might have something in their records.

Thanks so much for the help, everyone.

• Like 4

Time for some hard work. One thing is sure, whatever result of digging such exercise is always good for health.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

I'm not seeing where they said they did any rituals. Is that on another discussion? 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 6:50 AM, seeder said:

Oxymoron right there.

ox·y·mo·ron
ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/
noun
noun: oxymoron; plural noun: oxymorons
  1. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sakari said:

Oxymoron right there.

ox·y·mo·ron
ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/
noun
noun: oxymoron; plural noun: oxymorons
  1. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

We dont need dictionary definitions of the word oxymoron thanks

I dont even believe in psychics .... but for those that DO....then of course some psychics have a better reputation.... hence 'reputable'.... than many others do... I guess those are the ones who often have helped the police, or who have a track record of being highly accurate based on the former clients testimonies

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, seeder said:

We dont need dictionary definitions of the word oxymoron thanks

I dont even believe in psychics .... but for those that DO....then of course some psychics have a better reputation.... hence 'reputable'.... than many others do... I guess those are the ones who often have helped the police, or who have a track record of being highly accurate based on the former clients testimonies

Some people do need definitions.
None have ever helped the Police.(solved or helped solve a case) That is Hollywood/internet gossip.

"These guys don't solve cases, and the media consistently gets it wrong," says Michael Corn, an investigative producer for "Inside Edition" who produced a story last May debunking psychic detectives. Moreover, the FBI and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children maintain that to their knowledge, psychic detectives have never helped solve a single missing-person case.

http://skepdic.com/psychdet.html

• Like 4

I think since the house is old and you don't know much about it, you have cooked up your own phenomena from your subconscious fears. 

There is likely nothing buried in your garden. 

If you still can't kick the phenomena or the fears, just do the LBRP. 

I don't suggest telling the new tenants anything. They probably won't have any experiences...unless you do tell them. 

• Like 2