Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

I just woke up from a nap, I dreamed I was trying to catch some wild deer with the guy's from the american pickers show. I really have to turn off the tv when I sleep.  

I've tried so many methods for lucid dreaming but had poor results. I've tried everything that was posted in the link here but that never helped. For me, the best things for influencing dreams have been food based and how much activity I've had the previous day. It also helps to sleep on my back, leaning slightly to the right to maximize blood flow to the dream centers in the back of the brain. I've even tried binaural beats but had little result. I know lucid dreaming is possible because I've had experiences with it, unfortunately they were few and far between.

16 hours ago, Frostburn said:

I've tried so many methods for lucid dreaming but had poor results. I've tried everything that was posted in the link here but that never helped. For me, the best things for influencing dreams have been food based and how much activity I've had the previous day. It also helps to sleep on my back, leaning slightly to the right to maximize blood flow to the dream centers in the back of the brain. I've even tried binaural beats but had little result. I know lucid dreaming is possible because I've had experiences with it, unfortunately they were few and far between.

Try not trying and it happens. When I dream and it starts to go sideways I wake myself up. I can't say I control my dreams but I know when things get weird and say ok that's enough, this can't be real.  

• Like 1

I want to have less lucid dreams, usually after lucid dreams I wake up somewhat tired.

One funny thing about my lucid dreams, I am always amazed at the small details of the images, like details in trees or flowers, etc.

Back when I was foolish enough to trust my doctor and let them randomly throw pills at me one of them (lyrica) gave me extremely vivid lucid dreams every night. That was probably the only time I had a side effect that was actually really cool.