Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sigil Magick.

Hermai

Just now, XenoFish said:

What? That sounds like some tabletop rpg garbage. Sigils are purely a personal psychological tool. They don't cast illusions on people. This isn't some Harry Potter magic. 

I'm only suggesting that the line between 'symbolic' and 'real' blur when the intent is actually manifest into the world.

Let's draw from some Robert Anton Wilson. Say you wrote a sigil with the intent of finding a dollar bill on the sidewalk. At this point your casting of the sigil is purely symbolic. Over the next day, as you walk about, your eyes are continually downcast, searching the sidewalk, paying far more attention that you usually would to objects and detritus on the ground. Eventually, maybe later that week, you indeed find a discarded dollar bill on the sidewalk.

Symbolic -> Reality. 

The sigil became concrete and manifested itself in your altered behavior which in turn produced the intended outcome. 

Similar to reptilians.

While you are right about the shifted awareness. There's no evidence for reptilian's. 

Once the sigil is firmly root into your subconscious it does change you. Becoming an unconscious motivation. Yet the symbol only has power equal to the emotional value and belief you've invested. 

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

While you are right about the shifted awareness. There's no evidence for reptilian's. 

Once the sigil is firmly root into your subconscious it does change you. Becoming an unconscious motivation. Yet the symbol only has power equal to the emotional value and belief you've invested. 

I think we're splitting hairs. Either you accept subjective experience as a form of 'reality,' or only the external world as 'reality.' You've rooted your analysis firmly in materialism, which is valid, but keep in mind there may be other lenses through which to view the matter.

1 minute ago, Invisig0th said:

I think we're splitting hairs. Either you accept subjective experience as a form of 'reality,' or only the external world as 'reality.' You've rooted your analysis firmly in materialism, which is valid, but keep in mind there may be other lenses through which to view the matter.

I know the difference between objective and subjective. I am stating that sigil change your subjective awareness. They work in the background of your mind. Like a subconscious program. Every choice you'll make, everything you notice, every action you will take, is influenced by that program. 

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

I know the difference between objective and subjective. I am stating that sigil change your subjective awareness. They work in the background of your mind. Like a subconscious program. Every choice you'll make, everything you notice, every action you will take, is influenced by that program. 

See, you've made a cogent argument for reptilians here.

Just now, Invisig0th said:

See, you've made a cogent argument for reptilians here.

Okay. Please explain to me this reptilian thing you keep going on about. Are you talking about that part of our brain or some kinda alien invaders. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Okay. Please explain to me this reptilian thing you keep going on about. Are you talking about that part of our brain or some kinda alien invaders. 

Start here:

triune-brain-theory.jpg

Then move on to the pineal gland. I can say no more. The journey is important.

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yeah, if this is venturing into psychic abilities or the 3rd eye I'm done with this thread. 

It's all grounded in materialism.

Just now, Invisig0th said:

It's all grounded in materialism.

No. Its the realm of fantasy. Just because you've had a lucid dream or had a hunch, doesn't make you psychic. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Wow, I’ve only known this site for 5 minutes, and you’re really no fun, XenoFish. Materialism - you clearly like it a lot, but there are some of us who have managed to move past that broken down, insufficient carcass of a theory. I mean, anything that fails to even define, let alone explain consciousness - the single, premier “everything” we all experience - by definition does not provide a comprehensive explanation for reality... far from it. 

Obviously science is awesome and has brought us many toys and advances. But do science properly, and either stop rigidly adhering to a broken and outmoded dogmatic belief that is scientism, see the results the actual scientific method is bringing back in the fields of psi effects, NDE experiences, listen to some Skeptiko (podcast), OR at the very least stop telling everybody else they’ve got it wrong. You no more have the answers than anyone else does, and telling everyone else they’re deluded, have got it wrong and to drink the materialism koolaid with a best before date of 1977 just makes you seem like a petulant child. If you are in fact a child, I apologise. 

Edit erm, regarding he actual topic - I deployed my first 5 or so sigils a week or so ago, so I will report back on the results I DEFINITELY WILL GET (HEAR THAT UNIVERSE!?!). I kinda ignored a lot of the procedure I was given, preferring to go by (lazy) instinct, so I’m not super invested but also am feeling very positive. I may actually be already seeing results, but I’m going to await a bit more data so I can report back with hindsight. :D

Edited by chrislaw
OT rant

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 9:19 PM, chrislaw said:

Wow, I’ve only known this site for 5 minutes, and you’re really no fun, XenoFish. Materialism - you clearly like it a lot, but there are some of us who have managed to move past that broken down, insufficient carcass of a theory. I mean, anything that fails to even define, let alone explain consciousness - the single, premier “everything” we all experience - by definition does not provide a comprehensive explanation for reality... far from it. 

Obviously science is awesome and has brought us many toys and advances. But do science properly, and either stop rigidly adhering to a broken and outmoded dogmatic belief that is scientism, see the results the actual scientific method is bringing back in the fields of psi effects, NDE experiences, listen to some Skeptiko (podcast), OR at the very least stop telling everybody else they’ve got it wrong. You no more have the answers than anyone else does, and telling everyone else they’re deluded, have got it wrong and to drink the materialism koolaid with a best before date of 1977 just makes you seem like a petulant child. If you are in fact a child, I apologise. 

Edit erm, regarding he actual topic - I deployed my first 5 or so sigils a week or so ago, so I will report back on the results I DEFINITELY WILL GET (HEAR THAT UNIVERSE!?!). I kinda ignored a lot of the procedure I was given, preferring to go by (lazy) instinct, so I’m not super invested but also am feeling very positive. I may actually be already seeing results, but I’m going to await a bit more data so I can report back with hindsight. :D

So...you believe in Reptilians, then?

Some people actually are wrong, and it needs to be said. 

Otherwise, where would we be?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

So...you believe in Reptilians, then?

Some people actually are wrong, and it needs to be said. 

Otherwise, where would we be?

I wouldn't both with him too much. Seems like a one hit wonder. Been almost a month since he fired those sigils, should've been back by now to report something.:lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 3:42 AM, ChaosRose said:

Who needs to fear spider nightmares or the average house spider, when you've got Ellis on your side? 

I found a house spider sat comfortably on my wrist the other night.  And for once I did not jump out of my skin.  The said spider then crawled away.

As for sigils - yes I have used them in the past.  They often bring (me) results in unseen or unexpected ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mark One said:

I found a house spider sat comfortably on my wrist the other night.  And for once I did not jump out of my skin.  The said spider then crawled away.

As for sigils - yes I have used them in the past.  They often bring (me) results in unseen or unexpected ways.

I've used a similar thing called "Veves" in Vodou and Hoodoo with devastating effect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I've used a similar thing called "Veves" in Vodou and Hoodoo with devastating effect. 

That sounds interesting Piney.  Do you have the time to explain the method and practice?.

obtain-the-strength-of-a-tiger.jpg

I am quite fond of the A.O. Spare method of sigil creation. Most techniques require the removal of repeating letters and vowels. I personally find this to be a waste of creativity. The more abstract and "magical/spooky" they appear, the greater the psychological effect will be. Plus it will be easier to imprint the idea they represent into the deep mind/subconscious.

• Like 3

On 5/5/2018 at 11:13 AM, XenoFish said:

I wouldn't both with him too much. Seems like a one hit wonder. Been almost a month since he fired those sigils, should've been back by now to report something.:lol:

Maybe they backfired and killed him?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Maybe they backfired and killed him?

Nah, I figure he's probably being "haunted" by demonic figments of his imagination to come back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark One said:

That sounds interesting Piney.  Do you have the time to explain the method and practice?.

Like @XenoFish  said. They are devastating psychologically. Especially if the person recognizes them as Hoodoo or Miidii. If they know the person leaving them and some of the persons activities it will sometimes affect their dreams. A  "spiritual leader?" appointed by AIM was having nightmares along with their teenage kids that a group of Forest Guardians (i.e. Bigfoot) was busting apart their house to try to get them. :lol: The whole family can't even look at me. :lol:

My technique is Crayola sidewalk chalk on the road. :lol:

9 hours ago, Piney said:

Like @XenoFish  said. They are devastating psychologically. Especially if the person recognizes them as Hoodoo or Miidii. If they know the person leaving them and some of the persons activities it will sometimes affect their dreams. A  "spiritual leader?" appointed by AIM was having nightmares along with their teenage kids that a group of Forest Guardians (i.e. Bigfoot) was busting apart their house to try to get them. :lol: The whole family can't even look at me. :lol:

My technique is Crayola sidewalk chalk on the road. :lol:

Erm :o, nice :D

• Haha 1