Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 5
Invisig0th

Sigil Magick.

35 posts in this topic

Just now, XenoFish said:

What? That sounds like some tabletop rpg garbage. Sigils are purely a personal psychological tool. They don't cast illusions on people. This isn't some Harry Potter magic. 

I'm only suggesting that the line between 'symbolic' and 'real' blur when the intent is actually manifest into the world.

Let's draw from some Robert Anton Wilson. Say you wrote a sigil with the intent of finding a dollar bill on the sidewalk. At this point your casting of the sigil is purely symbolic. Over the next day, as you walk about, your eyes are continually downcast, searching the sidewalk, paying far more attention that you usually would to objects and detritus on the ground. Eventually, maybe later that week, you indeed find a discarded dollar bill on the sidewalk.

Symbolic -> Reality. 

The sigil became concrete and manifested itself in your altered behavior which in turn produced the intended outcome. 

Similar to reptilians.

While you are right about the shifted awareness. There's no evidence for reptilian's. 

Once the sigil is firmly root into your subconscious it does change you. Becoming an unconscious motivation. Yet the symbol only has power equal to the emotional value and belief you've invested. 

1 person likes this

Just now, XenoFish said:

While you are right about the shifted awareness. There's no evidence for reptilian's. 

Once the sigil is firmly root into your subconscious it does change you. Becoming an unconscious motivation. Yet the symbol only has power equal to the emotional value and belief you've invested. 

I think we're splitting hairs. Either you accept subjective experience as a form of 'reality,' or only the external world as 'reality.' You've rooted your analysis firmly in materialism, which is valid, but keep in mind there may be other lenses through which to view the matter.

1 minute ago, Invisig0th said:

I think we're splitting hairs. Either you accept subjective experience as a form of 'reality,' or only the external world as 'reality.' You've rooted your analysis firmly in materialism, which is valid, but keep in mind there may be other lenses through which to view the matter.

I know the difference between objective and subjective. I am stating that sigil change your subjective awareness. They work in the background of your mind. Like a subconscious program. Every choice you'll make, everything you notice, every action you will take, is influenced by that program. 

2 people like this

Just now, XenoFish said:

I know the difference between objective and subjective. I am stating that sigil change your subjective awareness. They work in the background of your mind. Like a subconscious program. Every choice you'll make, everything you notice, every action you will take, is influenced by that program. 

See, you've made a cogent argument for reptilians here.

Just now, Invisig0th said:

See, you've made a cogent argument for reptilians here.

Okay. Please explain to me this reptilian thing you keep going on about. Are you talking about that part of our brain or some kinda alien invaders. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Okay. Please explain to me this reptilian thing you keep going on about. Are you talking about that part of our brain or some kinda alien invaders. 

Start here:

triune-brain-theory.jpg

Then move on to the pineal gland. I can say no more. The journey is important.

Yeah, if this is venturing into psychic abilities or the 3rd eye I'm done with this thread. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yeah, if this is venturing into psychic abilities or the 3rd eye I'm done with this thread. 

It's all grounded in materialism.

Just now, Invisig0th said:

It's all grounded in materialism.

No. Its the realm of fantasy. Just because you've had a lucid dream or had a hunch, doesn't make you psychic. 

1 person likes this