Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
UM-Bot

Near-complete tyrannosaur fossil found in Utah

21 posts in this topic

 

Wow, great find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, what an awesome find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice find but where are the pictures? Did I miss them somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this picture but that's about it.

 

4581769600000578-0-image-a-79_1508454010035.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Nice find but where are the pictures? Did I miss them somewhere?

They never really look that impressive in situ. We have to wait until it's transported and cleaned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

They never really look that impressive in situ. We have to wait until it's transported and cleaned.

Have you ever transported or cleaned them yourself? That would be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Have you ever transported or cleaned them yourself? That would be interesting.

No, I haven't. Just what I've seen in documentaries and Nat. Geo.

Maybe in my next life. :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am dedicating my skeletal structure to Science, only if they promise to exhibit my bones straddling a T Rex ...

~

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know how cold parts of Utah can get. Yet at one time it was warm enough for a T-Rex. If what ever casued the ice age didn't happen, would we be here today?  Makes you wonder.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, paperdyer said:

We all know how cold parts of Utah can get. Yet at one time it was warm enough for a T-Rex. If what ever casued the ice age didn't happen, would we be here today?  Makes you wonder.

I don't understand?

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldrover said:

I don't understand?

 

I think he might be saying that the Ice Age caused the extinction of the dinosaurs, but I'm not sure.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would settle for finding a tooth or perhaps a claw to wear round my neck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

I think he might be saying that the Ice Age caused the extinction of the dinosaurs, but I'm not sure.

That's what I meant.  The object that struck the Yucatan peninsula must have put enough small pieces of dirt and itself to block the sunlight the way a nuclear winter is always represented as happening.  Lizards like heat. If they don't have and they couldn't adapt, they died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

That's what I meant.  The object that struck the Yucatan peninsula must have put enough small pieces of dirt and itself to block the sunlight the way a nuclear winter is always represented as happening.  Lizards like heat. If they don't have and they couldn't adapt, they died.

Yes, there is evidence for an impact winter that lasted 1-10 years following the Chicxulub event: http://www.pnas.org/content/111/21/7537.full

However, dinosaurs weren't lizards and they weren't ectothermic. It wasn't the winter that directly killed them, but its effects on photosynthesis and the ecosystem would have been a contributing factor to their extinction. It is important to keep in mind that there was not a singular cause for the extinction of the dinosaurs but rather a combination of factors.

Edited by Carnoferox
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought most of them went on to become birds ?

~

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I thought most of them went on to become birds ?

~

Indeed they did. I was speaking in regards to the non-avialan dinosaurs that went extinct.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2017 at 9:31 AM, third_eye said:

I am dedicating my skeletal structure to Science, only if they promise to exhibit my bones straddling a T Rex ...

~

Careful, you might wind up displayed in a creation science museum.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Indeed they did. I was speaking in regards to the non-avialan dinosaurs that went extinct.

THat's what I tell the kiddies ... in some respect that they are in fact, munching on dinos when they are biting into a McChicken ... :D

~

24 minutes ago, Piney said:

Careful, you might wind up displayed in a creation science museum.

If that be the case then I am sure they will wrap me up in a loin cloth ... :lol:

~

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, third_eye said:

THat's what I tell the kiddies ... in some respect that they are in fact, munching on dinos when they are biting into a McChicken ... :D

~

If that be the case then I am sure they will wrap me up in a loin cloth ... :lol:

~

Wouldn't want any pelvis exposure around children.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Piney said:

Wouldn't want any pelvis exposure around children.

In a pelvic sense, one can't possibly any more fully exposed when one in there only in the bones ... :D

~

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.