Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Perplexing Orbs

Morgus

5 hours ago, Morgus said:

Look, I have never used CG or in any other way attemp to deceive or mislead. What I film is what I see. The issue is interpreting what I have filmed. You interpret differently from me. Hard as it may be for you to believe, I just want to know what it is, and not simply accept old information ignoring what I capture on film. If you care to watch, I explain my introduction to orbs in this video. I am baffled that someone would say I am filming water mist or droplets, when I have filmed orbs moving horizontally when the rain is falling vertically. Or when someone would say there is something on my lens when clearly I have filmed orbs moving behind trees 29 feet away and 20 feet high. Or that the orbs I am filming are not living when I clearly show them reacting to camera flashes over and over. Or that they are out of focus bugs, when I have orbs coming and going and never changing form as something out of focus would, and showing the same orb being filmed and in a flash picture that shows its true form and in color. People acts as if my videos carry no weight and only want to hold tightly to old theories without seriously reviewing what I have documented. No point in debating further. I am confident and have come to my confidence through skeptical study. I am certain I will be proven correct. I have always welcome serious helpful critique but haven’t time for those who cannot think beyond the old party line...thanks for  the input...

There is no debate. You just want to discuss your conclusions and brush off anything that contradicts them.

• Like 2

I want to brush off nonsense...if someone says I have not filmed an orb in the rain because they believe orbs do not exist and if they do they are only water droplets and I have it clearly on film...in your world you would not debate their conclusion with overwhelming evidence, well I do, because I want to get at the truth and not allow false nonsense...

Edited by Morgus

8 hours ago, Morgus said:

Look, I have never used CG

No-one has accused you of using CG

But your videos have been edited.   They are not the raw output from your camera.   And that is what we need to see to determine whether what you have recorded is anything untoward.

We also need precise details of camera settings, lighting etc

No reason why you cannot provide these.   At the moment we dont even know what camera you used! 

1 hour ago, Morgus said:

I want to brush off nonsense...if someone says I have not filmed an orb in the rain because they believe orbs do not exist and if they do they are only water droplets and I have it clearly on film...in your world you would not debate their conclusion with overwhelming evidence, well I do, because I want to get at the truth and not allow false nonsense...

there are many orbs filmed in rain on youtube....if you search for them....yours is no different or special in any way

youre just trying to increase the youtube hits arent you?  

I appreciate your comment and believe you have correctly listed the options of possibilities for what orbs might be after putting aside the other theories of dust, water and plant spores.

1. I do not believe as you say, they are out of focus insects. Until someone with expertise can look through my infrared night vision binoculars and show me an orb being refocused into a known insect, I do not believe that it what they are. Any takers?

2. Orbs seem to be a recent phenomenon and seems to have become the property of the paranormal community. That in itself turns off any serious consideration from the scientific community. Why are others so hostile against a new look at orbs without bringing all the biased baggage? 

3. I believe they are a “type” of insect, though unique and perplexing. I do not believe they are paranormal due to the following:

1. I can film them anytime I want and have to do nothing to attract them.

2. They play around amongst other creatures of the night sky as if part of their group.

3. They swarm or gather in groups around trees and other foliage.

4. Although I have searched, I have not seen them over the ocean away from vegetation, making me think they need it.

5. Nothing I have observed with the orbs I am filming leads me to believe they are paranormal.

Having said the above, I do believe they are of some intelligence, perhaps like a dolphin, a pig or a dog. They can react and respond and show off, but that does not make them paranormal. I have videos illustrating such.

Lastly, the list of questions I posed to you previously are of some importance in this matter. How you come to answer the following questions has a direct bearing on what you believe about orbs.

- why is there something rather than nothing?

- where did we come from?

- why are we here?

- where are we going?

- how do you know your answers to these questions are true?

- what is the basis for your answers to these questions?

- how do you know that basis for your answers to these questions is accurate and true?

- what is truth and is it important in answering the above questions?

Now with regard to you final question, I am very interested in finding the truth about what I am filming. If, based on the above questions and their answers and specific evidence, I am willing to accept whatever the truth reveals....

50 minutes ago, seeder said:

there are many orbs filmed in rain on youtube....if you search for them....yours is no different or special in any way

youre just trying to increase the youtube hits arent you?  

You talk a big talk, show the video!

12 minutes ago, Morgus said:

You talk a big talk, show the video!

cant you use a search function?  heres just 83,400 results  :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=orbs+in+rain

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Essan said:

No-one has accused you of using CG

But your videos have been edited.   They are not the raw output from your camera.   And that is what we need to see to determine whether what you have recorded is anything untoward.

We also need precise details of camera settings, lighting etc

No reason why you cannot provide these.   At the moment we dont even know what camera you used! 

You have a point. My videos are simply putting together raw video and nothing more as you can observe below. Anyone can get the exact same result and view what I capture.

1. Bushnell Equinox Z 4x50 Digital Binoculars - Night Vision - IPX4 weatherproof - Black

2. LUMIX Panasonic 28 mm wide angle mega O.I.S camera. Face Dection/Intelligent O.I.S. Control

1. Raw video

On 23.10.2017 at 5:59 PM, papageorge1 said:

You must realize that is just a claimed debunking of the entire phenomena. I have never heard full acceptance by all.

I doesnt work that way, genius.  The "entire phenomena" has never been proven as to be a phenomena that cannot be explained, so there is nothing to debunk at all. Of course it is been accepted by a few but that fact only indicate that these people lack in various disciplines like photography and in general in logic compared with a big piece of credulity for whatever reasons.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Morgus said:

I just want to know what it is, and not simply accept old information ignoring what I capture on film.

If the old information is correct, you need to accept it.  It IS.  I note you haven't disputed a word I've posted.

I am baffled that someone would say I am filming water mist or droplets, when I have filmed orbs moving horizontally when the rain is falling vertically.

???????????  Seriously???

Geez, I hope that's a troll.....  We have pointed out that it isn't just water/mist/snow, it's dust, insects, pollen - indeed any small particulate matter.  What sort of ludicrous, idiotic logic is it that only one of those things could be captured at any given time?

Words fail me.

Anyway, I'll not be wasting my time responding further to someone who 'thinks' like that - does anyone ELSE have any further points to make?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

The old information is irrelevant and out of date. 

which is it in this film? Most, snow, pollen? What dust moves around in the rain? What pollen moves horizontally in rain? What bug is spherical and hovers? I doubt you viewed this video before your uniformed comment...

I will ask  Morgus again

why do we NOT see any (or many)  orb photos before digital camera technology?

Ive got DOZENS of photos with orbs in them.... mostly when taking pics of my son..indoors and even outdoors....on a digital Fuji cam

so what?

Edited by seeder

1 hour ago, toast said:

I doesnt work that way, genius.  

Thanks.

1 hour ago, toast said:

Of course it is been accepted by a few but that fact only indicate that these people lack in various disciplines like photography and in general in logic compared with a big piece of credulity for whatever reasons.

Oh, so who decides that determination is the official one, genius? 

So you're using binoculars and a camera? Your binoculars are night vision, correct? How are you filming these, describe your set-up. I'm confused.

Never mind, I did a little research and realized they're capable of recording video.

Edited by SecretSanta

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Thanks.

Oh, so who decides that determination is the official one, genius? 

those with a basic grasp of logic and common sense...usually

2 hours ago, Morgus said:

I2. Orbs seem to be a recent phenomenon and seems to have become the property of the paranormal community. 

Perhaps if you think of the paranormal as just the normal not yet understood by science, the word will lose some of its negative stigma with you. Elementals have also been called nature spirits. There is no reason not to consider this. If it exists, it is part of science in my book.

1 minute ago, seeder said:

those with a basic grasp of logic and common sense...usually

Then that includes me and @Morgus in my serious opinion.

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Then that includes me and @Morgus in my serious opinion.

and please explain what logic and common sense you both have bought to the discussion?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Perhaps if you think of the paranormal as just the normal not yet understood by science, the word will lose some of its negative stigma with you. Elementals have also been called nature spirits. There is no reason not to consider this. If it exists, it is part of science in my book.

You may have a point, but I was not referring to my opinion, but answering your question as to why science has not taken orbs seriously.

1 hour ago, SecretSanta said:

Are you saying this is an orb?

IMG_0265.PNG

Yes, this video is a video of an orb moving about in the rain....

2 hours ago, seeder said:

I will ask  Morgus again

why do we NOT see any (or many)  orb photos before digital camera technology?

Ive got DOZENS of photos with orbs in them.... mostly when taking pics of my son..indoors and even outdoors....on a digital Fuji cam

so what?

Because there was no digital technology....are the orbs you are filming animate or inanimate? What I am filming is animate... That's what...

I took this picture just this evening... this is a picture of the orbs I film...

2 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

So you're using binoculars and a camera? Your binoculars are night vision, correct? How are you filming these, describe your set-up. I'm confused.

Never mind, I did a little research and realized they're capable of recording video.

Yes, they film in infrared night vision. I also use a a panasonic camera to take flash pictures. Sometimes I hold the camera on top of the binoculars so I can take flash pictures of the very orbs I am filming in night vision.  This confirms that the flash pictures of still orbs are actually the moving orbs in my night vision video.  This completely destroys the idea the orbs are something on my lens as some would believe.  It also proves that still pictures are actually orbs that move. Much more is proven as well...

• The topic was locked