Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time Perception person = person speed

kobolds

This is another of theory that pop out my head.

"Time perception of a person is Equal to the person speed."

For years , I couldn't figure out the reasons that cause time perception different from one person to another.  Then one day I realized , what the different between a person with time perception of 1:1 (1 second = 1 second)  compare to another person with time perception of 1:3 (1 second = 3 second) ?

The answer is the speed of the person. 

A person with TP (time perception) 1:3 will have their sense 3 times faster than other with TP 1:1

For example, Effect on sense of sight :

A squirrel suddenly jumping from tree to another tree  . the jumping from one tree  to another took 1 second . 

a person with TP 1:1 will only able to see when the squirrel finish jumping, while for a person with TP 1:3 will be able to see the squirrel while jumping.

Think it as camera. TP 1:1 camera can only take 1 shot per second while TP 1:3 camera can take 3 shots per second.

Feel free to comment

Edited by kobolds

I am no scientist...and can do maths with the help of a calculator....so...pardon me if I sound stupid.

Time perception as you call it might be linked to the individual' s awareness of their surroundings.

You will have people that have not even seen the squirrel jump ( at all).

Then you also need to take into account reaction time . Some people have a quick reaction when the brain is stimulated and some have a delaid reaction. But this in itself (the response time which i thi k you are perhaps referring to as time perception?) Can be improved on by practise. So reaction to stimulus becomes muscle memory 

• Like 1

The crux of the equation here is 'perception' ... some have to double time to keep up, some have to slow down to be around ... in general 'time' measures into the sum only when it is the rail on which 'perception' runs on ...

When I'm alone in the jungle for a span of time ... time itself kinda evaporates from the equation ... everything just reverts back to the pace of 'Life'

~

• Like 1

time sure seems to be a fluid process...

It's a very interesting bone to chew.

High level athletes and martial artists will describe the subjective nature of time when they describe their progress in skill to the sense of 'the game slowing down'.  In deep meditation particularly and in dreaming time is experienced more readily as malleable and subjective.  People not of a great skill in body awareness/being will also experience subjective time opening up from time to time in an accident.  Everything moves in slow motion as the doors of perception open wide during the event.

The experience of time seems to me, to be a function purely of mind and dependent on memory and comparison.  Particularly mechanical time... this is a pure idea, a notion of human thought.  It does not exist in nature.

One could say seasonal time exists in nature, yet is comparison based.  But mechanical time?  That is a pure mind creation of humans.  9am on monday morning is meaningless to the rest of the universe.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sounds like Einstein's Theory of Relativity, which states that the faster a person moves the more time slows down for them.

And to say that time, the fourth dimension, doesn't actually exist and is merely an abstract human invention is ludicrous.

Edited by Black Monk