Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flat or not

M4mbo number 5

10 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I think you have a point, especially with some of those critters that are supposed to live "there." Kangaroos are clearly CGI. And koala bears? Come on! Nothing in existence can actually exist and be that cute. This makes me suspect that the power behind the "Australia" myth is Disney.

Excuse me while I adjust my tinfoil hat.

seems_a_little_crazy_weird_al.gif

If the World is round and Australia supposedly exist downunder, how do they prevent themselves from falling off ? 

Check mate Round Earthers.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

If the World is round and Australia supposedly exist downunder, how do they prevent themselves from falling off ? 

Check mate Round Earthers.

Right you are. And I suspect the famed Australian boomerang is a bunch of bunkum, too. If you look carefully at videos of people throwing them, you can actually see the wires manipulating them.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2017 at 3:54 PM, ThirdEyePetal said:

Hi. Why aren't the clouds moving. If the earth is,surely the clouds should too.

Isn't it the camera moving?

13 hours ago, pallidin said:

I can fly in a jetliner, or sail on a ship, completely around the world, ending-up at my starting point coming from "around the other side"

Explain THAT, flat-earthers.

If I was a ‘flat-earther’: Simple, they’re just turning so slowly that you can’t comprehend it. The airlines and cruise companies are all in on the conspiracy, obviously.

On 28/10/2017 at 5:57 AM, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

This question was actually asked recently in the "that's very interestnig" thread.

I think these are all questions worth asking. 

I think the question is what sort of basic photography knowledge and lateral thinking abilities are a bare minimum...

Me, and perhaps this is because I have a teeny bit of sciencey experience, and the ability to think laterally.... I look at those images and immediately recognise basic perspective issues.  See below for a very quickly done (obviously) diagram to show what I mean....  think about the distance of the camera (eg is it a close or far orbit, or is it a spacecraft way out there, eg Apollo...) and how that would affect the size of the 'globe' captured, and also how it would affect continent sizes - think about what happens to your nose in a fisheye image.....  The person who created that 'poster' either is completely unaware of perspective and the differing heights at which the images were taken, or knew dam well they were suckering anyone who didn't THINK.

Most things in life are NOT one-line simple.  They require at least a little bit of thought, unless you want to stumble gullibly from one scam to the next....

Anyway, here's the diagram:
59f832ff07bbf_flatearthcrapcopy.thumb.jpg.859d30d7aee0481272c07bffab5c4958.jpg
If you STILL have questions after really having a good think.... well, I'm not sure how much effort might be required to go through that sorta stuff in detail.

And if the topic is flat earth, then my motivation is just about zero, after this post....

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

On 27/10/2017 at 11:54 PM, ThirdEyePetal said:

Hi. Why aren't the clouds moving. If the earth is,surely the clouds should too.

Because that sequence is made up of stills.  Each still will show the clouds as static, obviously, and they stay that way as the still pics are 'moved' to simulate the earth turning.  It doesn’t jerk it’s way round as depicted.  Just thought I would mention that for those who believe everything they see ..:lol:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Gingitsune said:

Some think the flat earth is this way

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « north pole world map »

But they obviously are not Australians. :whistle:

Now look at this map above...

Flight time London-New York: 8 hours 15 minutes

Flight time Imaginary Land-Middle Earth (Sydney-Auckland): 3 hours 5 minutes.

Are trans-Atlantic jets just really slow?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter B said:

Flat earth has strong and irrational jet streams.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Peter B said:

Their answer is, plane go slower around North pole on purpose. Because they are part of a conspiracy...

For the flat Earth conspiracy to be true, more people would need to be in on it than not. Which means it wouldn't be a friggin' conspiracy anymore. 

• Like 2

We all know there are many reasons to believe the Earth is round.    What are the reasons to believe it is flat?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

We all know there are many reasons to believe the Earth is round.    What are the reasons to believe it is flat?  

The bit I'm standing on seems pretty flat.  And I have no sense of scale, have never climbed a mountain or gone in a aereoplane, so I deduce that it rooly is flat {/sarcasm}

• Like 2

10 easy ways you can tell for yourself that the Earth is not flat

The evidence is right in front of you.

https://www.popsci.com/10-ways-you-can-prove-earth-is-round

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

Because that sequence is made up of stills.  Each still will show the clouds as static, obviously, and they stay that way as the still pics are 'moved' to simulate the earth turning.  It doesn’t jerk it’s way round as depicted.  Just thought I would mention that for those who believe everything they see ..:lol:

With all the technology we have at our disposal we can't get live coverage of the earth in real time.. we are shown pixels that are configured by human minds& hands. Why is that.. 

3 minutes ago, ThirdEyePetal said:

With all the technology we have at our disposal we can't get live coverage of the earth in real time.. we are shown pixels that are configured by human minds& hands. Why is that.. 

I'm sorry, you've completely lost me - what do you think you are seeing with things like weather satellite imagery, the live feed from the ISS?  What *should* we have and why (will you pay for it?), and please point out direct evidence of manipulation of images, if that is what you are claiming.  Even if it was done with film cameras, that technology is still 'configured by human minds and hands', so I'd love to know what you propose...

BTW, Google 'real time view from space'.  Tell us what you find...

3 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

I'm sorry, you've completely lost me - what do you think you are seeing with things like weather satellite imagery, the live feed from the ISS?  What *should* we have and why (will you pay for it?), and please point out direct evidence of manipulation of images, if that is what you are claiming.  Even if it was done with film cameras, that technology is still 'configured by human minds and hands', so I'd love to know what you propose...

BTW, Google 'real time view from space'.  Tell us what you find...

Oh OK.  Apologies if I came across ignorant. I am honestly just asking questions of the whys from my perspective of things. Not the learned mind like you, but curious & possibly naI've ish. Maybe innocent too. Nevertheless i will still query what I want to know. Didn't know about live Google either.. will look into that now..

Four pages of all this technical stuff and all you need do is just go and watch a ship sail out to sea...it will slowly disappear below the horizon. This can only be explained by a round Earth.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ThirdEyePetal said:

With all the technology we have at our disposal we can't get live coverage of the earth in real time..

Is this good enough for you ?

we are shown pixels

We are shown pixels because the images are taken by digital cameras.  

that are configured by human minds& hands. Why is that.. 

The reason why they are configured by human minds and hands is because they are built for, and by, human minds and hands.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Four pages of all this technical stuff and all you need do is just go and watch a ship sail out to sea...it will slowly disappear below the horizon. This can only be explained by a round Earth.

Hi Lilly,  I ask this on Eric Dubay  (crowd cries BOOO) lol it shows the ship disappearing from the observers eyes perspective but with binoculars or such alike the ship became visible again. Is that because they haven't left the curvature yet?

I was suggesting one go to the ocean and observe it themself. As for what you’re talking about, I’m not familiar with that so I’m not sure what’s going on there.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Is this good enough for you ?

We are shown pixels because the images are taken by digital cameras.  

The reason why they are configured by human minds and hands is because they are built for, and by, human minds and hands.

Why is it still "Digital cameras"?? Nano Technology maybe.. The Human Minds & Hands are able to Reach out far beyond Earth in our knowledge yet the digital mega pixels is all WE have for Earth.  I know our Minds are Far far far beyond capabilities than what tech supports today...

Edited by ThirdEyePetal

29 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I was suggesting one go to the ocean and observe it themself. As for what you’re talking about, I’m not familiar with that so I’m not sure what’s going on there.

OK.  If I were to go to the ocean, do I observe from my natural eyes perspective or binoculars? & if it does dissappear is it going over the curvature??

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Well...

giphy.gif

Seriously, I can't believe anyone would take this seriously. In this day and age? Really? I'm sure there are people out there somewhere who believe in a flat earth, but to do so they literally would have to suspend all their accumulated education and knowledge past Grade 4. It's pretty sad, going beyond absurd.

• Like 6