Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flat or not

M4mbo number 5

3 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

magnetic boots!

It could be that.

Or perhaps it's the kangaroos. They ride the kangaroos and stick to the land.

Just kidding. We all know Australia isn't real.

• Like 4

Of course it doesn't! What is the nickname of this "Australia"?  Oz. As in "The Wizard of...", which we all know is fictional. This proves that the Illuminati/Masons/Bilderberg Group/Rosicrusian alliance has made an error!

"They" assume that everyone will just chuckle at the coincidence, but we, the enlightened resistance, know the TRUTH!

(Just in case anyone is in doubt, the above post is firmly tongue in cheek and 100% snarky & sarcastic.  Caveat: Tin hat wearers may be triggered by the above post)

• Like 3

I believe the earth is flat. There's no proof that any man has made outside worlds lower orbit. NASA's restarted self has even stated that we still can't leave earth lower orbit. Laws of attraction implies that authority figures have a huge influence on how we decide what to believe. Just because the guys in lab coats say it's true then it must be true. Learn to think for yourself. Nothing is absolute. Open minds change the shape of the world. Close minded fools stay stuck and never grow. Most havnt done the math journey themselves so it's easy to say it's true because bob says it's true. Bob's a scientist. 

• Like 1

As P.T. Barnum said: "There's one born every minute....."

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, LiLToOnZ said:

I believe the earth is flat. There's no proof that any man has made outside worlds lower orbit. NASA's restarted self has even stated that we still can't leave earth lower orbit. Laws of attraction implies that authority figures have a huge influence on how we decide what to believe. Just because the guys in lab coats say it's true then it must be true. Learn to think for yourself. Nothing is absolute. Open minds change the shape of the world. Close minded fools stay stuck and never grow. Most havnt done the math journey themselves so it's easy to say it's true because bob says it's true. Bob's a scientist. 

Flat earthers and their obsession with NASA.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Flat earthers and their obsession with NASA.

They desperately need a boogyman because they have no science to support their cause. They can't refute NASA but they can try to make it seem sinister.

Funny, doesn't work at all.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

As P.T. Barnum said: "There's one born every minute....."

Same goes for you. Can you prove anything without the help of an outside source. I'm still open to this. Have you been to space. Have you been to the north or south poles yourself. Do you have a telescope that reaches the surface other than the moon. Not some one else's telescope Your own evidence. Till then the shape of the world is up for discussion in here. Columbus wasnt the first to America, but you were still taught to believe so how is this any different. Anything can shaped differently. I seen white people in America think their black. I'm still open to either side tho but I can strongly argue for both sides of this. δίψυχος, ον With respect..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LiLToOnZ said:

...Till then the shape of the world is up for discussion in here...

Certainly it is not.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LiLToOnZ said:

Same goes for you. Can you prove anything without the help of an outside source. I'm still open to this. Have you been to space. Have you been to the north or south poles yourself. Do you have a telescope that reaches the surface other than the moon. Not some one else's telescope Your own evidence. Till then the shape of the world is up for discussion in here. Columbus wasnt the first to America, but you were still taught to believe so how is this any different. Anything can shaped differently. I seen white people in America think their black. I'm still open to either side tho but I can strongly argue for both sides of this. δίψυχος, ον With respect..

So until someone sees your brain it's open to discussion whether you have one or not? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LiLToOnZ said:

I say it is. I'm still discussing this matter. Where is your proof. No outside source. Personal proof.

How could I have "personal proof"? I'm sitting here in my apartment in Chicago. I haven't even looked through a strong telescope since I was a boy scout.

But if you don't rely on other people's skills and education, you are less equipped than everyone else to arrive at a useful conclusion. I believe in something called education. It doesn't scare me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

How could I have "personal proof"? I'm sitting here in my apartment in Chicago. I haven't even looked through a strong telescope since I was a boy scout.

But if you don't rely on other people's skills and education, you are less equipped than everyone else to arrive at a useful conclusion. I believe in something called education. It doesn't scare me.

I dont rely on people's skills. I can see the world through my own eyes. I'm just asking you to stop letting people hold your hand to their truths. My truths. Your like a baby. Find out foryourself. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

So until someone sees your brain it's open to discussion whether you have one or not? 

No just tell me how you found out and show me personal hard proof. Physical evidence without being arrogant

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LiLToOnZ said:

I dont rely on people's skills. I can see the world through my own eyes. I'm just asking you to stop letting people hold your hand to their truths. My truths. Your like a baby. Find out foryourself. 

Do you realize how much of an absurd, non-starter of an argument that is? You're flat-out saying you don't trust education and science...so how could you possibly be expected to understand anything you "can see"? Seeing stuff won't get you far. Obviously.

Look, you can believe anything you wish. It's your right. You can avoid education and play the paranoid conspiracy card. It, too, is your right. But there's no cause for me to try to discuss the matter further. Enjoy yourself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LiLToOnZ said:

No just tell me how you found out and show me personal hard proof. Physical evidence without being arrogant

So tell me something: Do you need personal, on-your-own, proof of everything in your life?

The device you are using to view this thread, did you build it yourself? did you create the circuits and case? Program all the programs & apps all by your lonesome? Do you grow your own food? Generate your own electricity to power all your lights & devices? Make your own clothing? Build your shelter?

No? then you DO rely on other peoples skills, knowledge & abilities.

Edited by JMPD1
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

So tell me something: Do you need personal, on-your-own, proof of everything in your life?

The device you are using to view this thread, did you build it yourself? did you create the circuits and case? Program all the programs & apps all by your lonesome? Do you grow your own food? Generate your own electricity to power all your lights & devices? Make your own clothing? Build your shelter?

No? then you DO rely on other peoples skills, knowledge & abilities.

At times yes I so. 

Yet these are things I can use. Ask them to borrow a shuttle. Or borrow the their telescope in Hawaii. Or a pass to go to the north pole. Or a pass to to the south pole.

• Like 1

I am always amazed at the people who see conspiracies whenever their little pet notion is disabused. How they can cling to their idea of what is in the face of reality.

How any proof offered is dismissed with extreme prejudice.

Here's a challenge: Why don't you journey to the edge of the world, take a pic, hell take a friggin movie and prove once and for all that your simplistic idea of a flat Earth is true.

You say "Don't trust scientists when they tell you the world is round!"  So tell us, where did you get the idea that the planet is flat from?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Do you realize how much of an absurd, non-starter of an argument that is? You're flat-out saying you don't trust education and science...so how could you possibly be expected to understand anything you "can see"? Seeing stuff won't get you far. Obviously.

Look, you can believe anything you wish. It's your right. You can avoid education and play the paranoid conspiracy card. It, too, is your right. But there's no cause for me to try to discuss the matter further. Enjoy yourself.

Ok I over did it.  I do trust science and education to a certain extent. Sorry for my arrogance. But to be reasonable I can consider myself swayed to any open source for this thread if you equally agree to treat any of my open sources with the same respect. I'm interested in this thread for some reason

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

I am always amazed at the people who see conspiracies whenever their little pet notion is disabused. How they can cling to their idea of what is in the face of reality.

How any proof offered is dismissed with extreme prejudice.

Here's a challenge: Why don't you journey to the edge of the world, take a pic, hell take a friggin movie and prove once and for all that your simplistic idea of a flat Earth is true.

You say "Don't trust scientists when they tell you the world is round!"  So tell us, where did you get the idea that the planet is flat from?

The bible in genesis. But that's probally gonna bring another argument. Ancient Chinese Indian cultures. Babylonians etc

• Like 1

So you have no personal proof of your claims? Shucks, what a surprise.

"I can see the world through my own eyes. I'm just asking you to stop letting people hold your hand to their truths. My truths. Your like a baby. Find out foryourself.  "

- someone, Internet, 2018

• Like 1

Just now, JMPD1 said:

So you have no personal proof of your claims? Shucks, what a surprise.

"I can see the world through my own eyes. I'm just asking you to stop letting people hold your hand to their truths. My truths. Your like a baby. Find out foryourself.  "

- someone, Internet, 2018

Never said that I did though. 

• Like 1