Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
M4mbo number 5

Flat or not

633 posts in this topic

Derek Willis
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Obviousman said:

If the Earth is flat, why do I have a radar horizon? How can I, on a ship, watch an approaching vessel slowly appear- top of mast first - on the horizon? Why is a Great Circle route quicker than a rhumb line?

The last thing a flat earther is going to do is answer sensible, fact based questions. As far as I can see, they suggest the "approaching vessel" situation is that what you are seeing is an illusion, or a mirage. They say the ship is simply getting bigger because it is coming closer, but that at a distance the light is distorted and so it looks like the ship is appearing top of mast first. Failing that, they say people such as yourself - with, I am assuming, experience of the seas - have been brainwashed by science.

The whole world seems to be going crazy these days ... I blame Donald Trump.

Edited by Derek Willis
  • Haha 1

Peter B
On 1/8/2019 at 2:07 AM, Nnicolette said:

what do you mean how did you read your own post? And yes! I would love to see something like that but only a REAL photo. Look at that ocean and tell me that is actually what color it is uniformly. I did a lot of graphic design and its not hard to see when colors are plain shades. When they are real there is variation. Also if this is real we need to watch out because south america is rapidly growing.

Okay, if you'd like a "REAL photo" or fifteen, how about this lot: https://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/catalog/70mm/magazine/?36

These are photos from one magazine from Apollo 11. So yes, they're actual film photos (though obviously then scanned to load onto the Internet-thingy), from one magazine from one Apollo mission.

Is that the sort of thing you're looking for? If so, I'm sure you won't find it hard to locate a bunch more from other missions (including another classic, from Apollo 17).

Peter B
On 1/8/2019 at 2:36 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You don't need photos or any elaborate proofs. A very simple construct in your own mind can prove it el pronto.

If the earth was flat, then the sun would rise at the same time everywhere on top of earth 

done.

simple.

flat earthers, be gone with you! :rolleyes:

Scary thought: FEers rationalise different sunrise times by theorising the Sun is like a giant desk lamp (with circular shade around it), lighting only a portion of the Earth at a time. See, if you try hard enough, you can rationalise just about anything.

Me? I'd just like 029b10 to respond to my post about driving distances in Australia. Or an explanation of why aircraft flying between Australia and South America or South Africa do so over the Southern Ocean... 

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
15 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Uber-cute. Is that a Swedish kitty?

Why are you so mean to that cute little kitty ? <_<

• Like 1

029b10
On 1/7/2019 at 4:47 AM, Emma_Acid said:

Another badly worded question. It isn't "fake", but then it isn't what we'd call "video footage" either. But neither of those avenues offer any support for the flat earth model. 

So is that the reason you answered with words without knowledge?  

Well, the funny thing is that the 'flat earth' isn't about the spherical body of terrestrial matter you live on without form and void....

image.jpeg.2b9b2e53fa34143a4303ca693b74c19e.jpeg14

What makes it halarious is the how much that the flat earther's believe they know that the earth was created in Genesis 1:1, while the flat earthers know they believe that the earth was created in Genesis 1;1:

On 1/7/2019 at 4:47 AM, Emma_Acid said:

I think I've made it pretty clear, no?

Yep, as clear as Ecclesiastes 9:5

In case you know but don't know why  :st 

Edited by 029b10

Emma_Acid
4 hours ago, 029b10 said:

Well, the funny thing is that the 'flat earth' isn't about the spherical body of terrestrial matter you live on without form and void....

What makes it halarious is the how much that the flat earther's believe they know that the earth was created in Genesis 1:1, while the flat earthers know they believe that the earth was created in Genesis 1;1:

Total nonsense. I give up.

• Like 1

Derek Willis
5 hours ago, 029b10 said:

Your post contains eighty-seven words. If a baby chimpanzee randomly chose eighty-seven words from a dictionary, and then randomly strung them together, they would make more sense than your post does!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

itsnotoutthere

Simply download the live camera app from the international space station, sorted.