Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New: Forum Design Update

Saru

It's been two years since the Unexplained Mysteries forum went on-line, and in that time one of the things that I never got around to, was creating a new theme design for the boards, something a bit different and less like the default styles we've been using since the beginning.

I've therefore put together a new forum design - it's not totally finished, there are still a few odds and ends that need to be done and a few little extras than need to be added. I hope you find it a welcome change to the rather drab default style that we've had now for almost two years. If you do find you prefer the old theme, you can still use it by selecting it from your user control panel.

Please let me know if you notice any problems anywhere on the boards as a result of the design changes.

cool.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Loonboy

• Homer

• Bizarro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven’t checked it out long enough to notice any problems, but I just want to say it looks great, and I like the different color theme smile.gif

I haven't seen any problems either, Saruman,

and I really like the new look too!

Mmmm. Me like.

cool.gif

By the way, is that the same image of a 'grey' at the top as the

one that's on the cover of 'Communion'?

Edited by Loonboy

LB,

Not quite the same as the one from Communion, this is the image I used for the top graphic :

post-55-1049826578.jpg

Ah, how similar they look. My mistake...

Hey is there any way (I know it's blatant cheek after all the improvements you've done for us) to have a little .gif image representing the level to which we have progressed as posters?

Eg: government agent could be a little man in a dark suit, or alien embryo could be a little facehugger in an egg...?

Maybe you should get HD onto it, since he did a good job animating the smilies?

Or even better, have a smilie that represents each level that appears under our profile image?

...I could just run and run with this... but you get the picture...

smile.gif

LB,

That would be an interesting thing to have, but the 'pip' system as it's called only accepts rank images by quantity of 'pips'. Basically that means ranks can only be associated with a number of identical images, and not a seperate image per rank.

I'm going to change the default pips to something else when I get a chance, the current ones aren't terribly exciting, and they're the wrong colour now anyway. Same goes for the bright blue buttons on the board indices.

Good suggestion though, it's a shame the forum software doesn't support it.

I'm glad you posted this, SaRuMan. I thought my one active brain cell imploded! I opened a thread and POOF! the whole design changed! And after yesterday's file rearrangement I was about ready to call my therapist...

Looks good smile.gif

*lol*

I was wondering about that - I thought some folk might wonder what was going on when the whole forum design changed out of the blue.

smile.gif

Guest PinballWizard

Gareth,

Have the signatures (quotes) under our avatar's disappeared for good, or is that something that you need to adjust? unsure.gif

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed they were missing.

That will be a result of the fact that the old template was modified to include the user quotes, the code for which is not in the new template.

It shouldn't be very difficult though, seen as I still have the old template which still contains the code in question. I'll get onto that tomorrow - I'll post more about it in this thread once I've got it fixed.

The same goes for the flags, the code for which is also from a modified template.

Right thats the Flags, Avatar Text and Gender fields back in, with the corresponding entry fields back in the control panel aswell so you can edit them.

cool.gif

Saruman it looks great .

Now can I talk to you bout ideas for redecorating my Kitchen wink.gif