Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot or something

eckogangsta

Hey I just came onto these forums to post a story about what happened a few days ago.

I went upstate with my friend to visit his cousin (Upstate New York, lots of forests) and I am curious if that whole bigfoot thing has ever been seen in new york? mysteries of things like this interest me alot but i wasnt even looking for anything on this trip...

Well anyway, me,my friend, his cousin, were bored so we decided to go deep into the forest that surrounded the town. Well anyway I wasnt going to go simply because i mean, its so easy to get lost but they insisted that its easy because they know where they are so i went anyway. i had to go take a p*** so i went and did my thing and when i got back the 3 of them were extremely scared and claimed to have seen some black, big thing, and then i was like why didnt u run and they said because it didnt even notice them and they didnt want to get its attention. i was like wow ok this is dumb so we decided to go back they didnt even scare me but they were in quite a hurry to get back, and right before we started to walk we heard something moving and when i looked into the distance i could have sworn i saw a black,big, thing too, which looked like an ape but i didnt see its face. so i turned around to look at them they were already running. i looked back in the area of the black thing and i swear it seemed closer and had like, hair. it was deffinetly not a person. i was just scared so i just ran after them. i looked back once and saw nothing. and they said they are posotive it wasnt a animal because they saw the whole body so they said

has there ever been a bigfoot sighting in newyork?

once we got back we didnt even tell anyone because no one would believe us. so now i think it was pretty scary but for some reason i would wished i could go back in time and go see what the thing was, or bring a camera

Edited by eckogangsta

Hmmm, interesting. i dont really believe in bigfoot but it might be true. Ever heard of the Alabama booger monster? People claim it to be true so maybe there is a bigfoot after all? and there might be one living in New York? huh.gif

I've heard of bigfoots in upstate NY. it's a pretty foresty area. I could see how a bigfoot could live up there. I gotta look into this more

Where in NY did this occur? I am in NY and would love a chance to find what you saw or ,at least. signss of what you saw.

My husband came from Gowanda, NY, which is about 40 mi. south of Buffalo. When we were first dating and engaged, he used to stay out of his backyard, which was about an acre or so, and backed up to a steep tree-covered hill. But he would never tell me why. Even at 19, he was afraid to be out in his yard at night. And once while I was there, we did indeed hear heavy stomping and other noises coming from on the hill. We both left the yard, but two of his younger brothers wanted to go check it out. They took their giant Shepherd, Joey, but ran back soon after, claiming they felt like they were being watched, and had heard whatever it was running right toward them.

He and his brothers have told me many times of seeing and hearing things, either in their own yard, or while visiting their great-aunt's farm, which is right in Zoar Valley (where other unexplainable things have occured), so it is entirely possible that you all saw SOMETHING wherever you were.

On a side note, his parents (who have hard times believing in things like Bigfoot -- his dad has a degree in psychology), told me that whenever they started a bonfire in their backyard, they would hear a terrifying, inhuman scream. It would last for hours, until they put the fire out. As I am familiar with all types of animal noises, I quizzed them on whether it could be a cougar, etc...even showed them sounds...and they said definitely not to each one. They still haven't figured out what it was...

~Scarlet~

I've heard of stories from New York about bigfoot... I'd say it was a bear

it doesn't really sound like a bear, what likelehood is there that it would go to his aunts famr and back to his house, it just doesn't seem like normal bear behvior and plus bears are scared of dogs why would it come running down the hill if they had a big shephard

yeah, i really dont know if it saw us or not but:

after reading alot of bigfoot stories it seems like they dont mean to harm anyone and are actually kind of scared of humans, and try to be quiet and hide when seen by humans

(just read a story of 2 hunters who saw a bigfoot looking at them and when the hunters stared at it and pointed the bigfoot would duck its head down in a scared way, the hunter then shot a bullet in the air and the bigfoot darted off)

sounds to me like a genuine story of our large friend (hopefuly) sasquatch...both eckogangstas and scarlets seem legit. but thats just me... i beleive they r out there...i wanna find one and befriend it.

now that i think of it i really wish i could have stayed and watched it to be posotive it was bigfoot, or whatever.

also-even if i took a pic i knew ppl would claim it was photoshopped or a man in a costume anyway.

now that i think of it i really wish i could have stayed and watched it to be posotive it was bigfoot, or whatever.

also-even if i took a pic i knew ppl would claim it was photoshopped or a man in a costume anyway.

yeah thats true about the picture thing... but then YOU would have the last laugh because you know it is legit and all these other people would be saying it was fake and making it evident that they dont know what they r talking about tee hee...i try not to be so judgemental of pics...unless they look really fake tongue.gif

My grandparents were forever telling my brother and I of the 'Fouke' monster; especially when we travelled to a fish place called 'Spruells', which is located near the swamp in Fouke.

My grandparents never mentioned if they had any personal experience with the creature; but they went to great lengths to convince us the reality of it's existance.

I asked my grandmother what to do, if we saw him; she told us just to be still and that he was more scared of us. It never really reassured me as a youngster, what she said.

However, there was an incident in Missouri; when my brother and I was in our parents camper van, while staying with my parents friends. My parents and thier friends were in the cabin.

The camper was situated not far from the woodlands. Anyway, my brother and I heard some movement around the camper with heavy breathing. We were both too terrified to look out the window. The next morning, we asked our parents if they were checking in on us by going around the camper. They said no, but that they heard movement around the cabin the same night. They never told us what they thought it was; however, my brother and I came to our own conclusions.

I believe you may have seen the 'Bigfoot'. There are many places for them to survive and to date they are quite placid; and have only terrified construction workers tearing up thier environment. Otherwise, they seem quite amiable, if left alone in peace. They seem more terrified of us, from what reports I have come across.

they went to great lengths to convince us the reality of it's existance.

were your grandparents there...cuz they might have been playin a trick on u... maybe just to get you to beleive something they know to exist but still... tricky old ppl lol...

i beleive 100% in bigfoot so im not saying theres no chance it was him/her...but theres a chance it was sumone tryin to scare you

actually i was reading a story on the BFRO website about him and it was talking about these trappers who encountered something and then it tells about bigfoot around dogs, kids, etc. at the bottom and it says he is known to kill dogs because he feels threatened by them and their barking.

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_FAQ.asp?id=659

On a side note, his parents (who have hard times believing in things like Bigfoot -- his dad has a degree in psychology), told me that whenever they started a bonfire in their backyard, they would hear a terrifying, inhuman scream. It would last for hours, until they put the fire out. As I am familiar with all types of animal noises, I quizzed them on whether it could be a cougar, etc...even showed them sounds...and they said definitely not to each one. They still haven't figured out what it was...

~Scarlet~

444512[/snapback]

Sounds more like a haunting than an animal.

with the bonfire/screaming thing- why not report it to the police or something? i would be curious if i was posotive something out of the ordinary was in my backyard!!

I have a Bigfoot. He's called Harry. My parents accidentally knocked him down when returning from a hunting trip. He's cool and helps out around the house too.

Hey I just came onto these forums to post a story about what happened a few days ago.

I went upstate with my friend to visit his cousin (Upstate New York, lots of forests) and I am curious if that whole bigfoot thing has ever been seen in new york? mysteries of things like this interest me alot but i wasnt even looking for anything on this trip...

Well anyway, me,my friend, his cousin, were bored so we decided to go deep into the forest that surrounded the town. Well anyway I wasnt going to go simply because i mean, its so easy to get lost but they insisted that its easy because they know where they are so i went anyway. i had to go take a p*** so i went and did my thing and when i got back the 3 of them were extremely scared and claimed to have seen some black, big thing, and then i was like why didnt u run and they said because it didnt even notice them and they didnt want to get its attention. i was like wow ok this is dumb so we decided to go back they didnt even scare me but they were in quite a hurry to get back, and right before we started to walk we heard something moving and when i looked into the distance i could have sworn i saw a black,big, thing too, which looked like an ape but i didnt see its face. so i turned around to look at them they were already running. i looked back in the area of the black thing and i swear it seemed closer and had like, hair. it was deffinetly not a person. i was just scared so i just ran after them. i looked back once and saw nothing. and they said they are posotive it wasnt a animal because they saw the whole body so they said

has there ever been a bigfoot sighting in newyork?

once we got back we didnt even tell anyone because no one would believe us. so now i think it was pretty scary but for some reason i would wished i could go back in time and go see what the thing was, or bring a camera

443516[/snapback]

*sigh*I'm near positive that it was just a bear.

Edited by Canadian Rottweiler

exacly. i think bigfoots are peaceful and afraid, yet scary!

447228[/snapback]

There's a few cases of dogs being ripped to pieces by yowies.

Also when a yowie stalks you they do it at a 45 degree angle, similar to a large predator.

Scary at times Yes, peaceful and afraid..... they're a wild animal, extremely strong and really unknown.

exacly. i think bigfoots are peaceful and afraid, yet scary!

447228[/snapback]

There's a few cases of dogs being ripped to pieces by yowies.

Also when a yowie stalks you they do it at a 45 degree angle, similar to a large predator.

Scary at times Yes, peaceful and afraid..... they're a wild animal, extremely strong and really unknown.

451717[/snapback]

That's right.Ok,i am reading from my book(a report)and it says...

A white dude was out camping in the BC wilderness.He was bear hunting.This native man came up to him early next morning saying stuff about a sasquatch being seen in the area recently,and that this hunter should be careful.The hunter didn't pay much attention to the native,cause the hunter had 2 german sheperds,and a rottweiler with him,all trained for hunting.So,the hunter told the native to leave,the native left saying..'well,i warned you'.So,the hunter left about an hour later to go hunting for a black bear.Suddenly(when he was deep in the forest)he heard a weird scream/roar.His dogs went absolutley crazy,trying to get away and attack this thing.They eventually got away,and ran after this cretaure.The creature took off at a surprising speed for how big it was(about 7 feet tall)the creature was able to run from the dogs without being caught,yet it looked like the dogs were slowly gaining on it,then,they dissapeared into the forest.The man searched everywhere for his dogs,yet,could not find them,so he went back to his camp.The native man came running to the hunter's camp about 15 minutes later,saying that he heard loud screams/roars,and barking in the woods,and that the 3 dogs had been chasing some large creature.So,the native and the hunter searched for the dogs,for about 30 minutes,and eventually,they found the gruesome remains of the dogs.They had been ripped apart by sharp teeth,and blood was everywhere,on the trees,ground,everywhere.Now,these were huge dogs,yet,they were slaughtered.Nothing could have done this,and escaped alive from the dogs.Later,sasquatch footprints were found near the bodies,and 2 trails leading to the dogs,and away from them.It is still undecided as to what did this...