Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there a “Spirit World”?

Shaddi

Hey Shaddi.

It depends on religion, culture and mere beliefs. Can u narrow down what u want to know or do u want general answers (from all perspectives)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DebDandelion said:

Hey Shaddi.

It depends on religion, culture and mere beliefs. Can u narrow down what u want to know or do u want general answers (from all perspectives)

I just want account from paranormal investigators and people who’ve caught evidence of or witnessed a ghost portal

• Like 2

If spirits exist, it only makes sense for a spirit world to exist also.

• Like 3

It might very well exist I think. Just think about dark matter, physicists know that it exists and that there is much more of it than normal matter. They have no idea what it is but they know that it is invisible and hardly interacts with normal matter at all. It sounds pretty similar to the spirit world to me. If a "dark matter being" was walking straight through us we wouldn't notice it (if there is such a thing as a dark matter being).

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Shaddi said:

I just want account from paranormal investigators and people who’ve caught evidence of or witnessed a ghost portal

Thanks for clarity

• Like 1

Yes and no. 

Inner demons can become outer ones, and those ecstatic religious experiences can have similar effects. 

Can't happen without the psyche, though.

That's all regarding the phenomena we experience, which I don't believe are the spirits of the deceased.

If there is spirit (and there could be), I don't believe it floats around on our plane messing with us. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 3

Yes, I believe there are multiple spirit worlds that exist with matter/energy at higher vibratory rates and in dimensions not directly detectable by slower grosser planes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Yes, I believe there are multiple spirit worlds that exist with matter/energy at higher vibratory rates and in dimensions not directly detectable by slower grosser planes.

Interesting...elaborate?

1 hour ago, DebDandelion said:

Interesting...elaborate?

I am glad that you are interested.

In Theosophical, eastern Vedic (Hindu), and western esoteric wisdom traditions there are seven(?) planes/realms of reality; the physical, astral, mental, causal, buddhic, etc. Higher planes consist of matter/energy that exist at vibratory rates and in dimensions too fine to be directly detected by a lower (grosser) plane. Non-physical entities (spirits) are native to one of these higher planes. This information comes to us by those with psychic perception of things beyond the physical plane.

The best introduction to this subject can be found in the Theosophical tradition and much of that on-line. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am glad that you are interested.

In Theosophical, eastern Vedic (Hindu), and western esoteric wisdom traditions there are seven(?) planes/realms of reality; the physical, astral, mental, causal, buddhic, etc. Higher planes consist of matter/energy that exist at vibratory rates and in dimensions too fine to be directly detected by a lower (grosser) plane. Non-physical entities (spirits) are native to one of these higher planes. This information comes to us by those with psychic perception of things beyond the physical plane.

The best introduction to this subject can be found in the Theosophical tradition and much of that on-line. 

Thanks Dude

• Like 2

11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

First you'd have to prove spirits actually exist. So right now the answer is no.

Great avatar.

On 10/31/2017 at 10:19 AM, Shaddi said:

Is there some sort of netherrealm where spirits can come and goes through? and could “portals to Hell” be considered one?

On 10/31/2017 at 10:26 AM, Shaddi said:

I'm not a paranormal investigator- but I am a bit of a lore-tripper and paranormal researcher. So I'm going to give the lore angle.

A lot of lores have entrances to the "nether realm". And yes, this includes portals to hell. There's quite a few hell gates and rides and such scattered all over the world. Graves or other nefarious places, sometimes vortexes, and particularly spiritual places like churches or other holy places are often thought of as being "thinner" between us and there. These places usually need something to "open" them, like a ritual, taking a particular route, being there at the right time. There's also the notion of being able to open a personal portal- these are things like ouija boards opening gates, or being able to summon a spirit sort of things. Portals that aren't tied to a location, but rather to an object, act or ritual of some sort. There is also the aspect of folks that are spirit mediums or channelers being living portals as well. NDE's are usually accounts of folks seeing the gate to other, then coming back.

Lore aside now, and a bit to your topic title. Is there a spirit world? The answer to that is pure belief. Some folks believe no, some yes, and some are undecided yet. And everybody got their own reasons for believing as they do.

• Like 3

On 31/10/2017 at 2:19 PM, Shaddi said:

Is there some sort of netherrealm where spirits can come and goes through? and could “portals to Hell” be considered one?

imo= no

48 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I visit the spirit world, all the time, with photographs to prove it.              DSC_0466-600x380.jpg                                               

no such thing as spirits== this picture is photoshoped;)

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

no such thing as spirits== this picture is photoshoped;)

No, just shopped.:tu:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I visit the spirit world, all the time, with photographs to prove it.              DSC_0466-600x380.jpg                                               

Looks like I'm wrong.......

evil-spirits-vodka-1.png

Oh look. I found a whole bottle of evil spirits.:devil:

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4

Just now, XenoFish said:

evil-spirits-vodka-1.png

You can run your lawnmower on that stuff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

No its not. Just because an experience happens doesn't make it true. Altered states of consciousness (like sleep deprivation) are but one of many explanations for seeing ghost, another one is mental illness.

It's the same ol' thing:

if one claims stuff like this they need to prove it... Yeah I know, this is what every skeptic says but it's true.

How many humans have died in the past 100/200 thousand years? Yet no one has given us anything apart from 'believe what I say or don't' stories:sleepy:

Therefore IMO the spirit world does not exist! This is a logical conclusion- not a story!;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

It's the same ol' thing:

if one claims stuff like this they need to prove it... Yeah I know, this is what every skeptic says but it's true.

How many humans have died in the past 100/200 thousand years? Yet no one has given us anything apart from 'believe what I say or don't' stories:sleepy:

Therefore IMO the spirit world does not exist! This is a logical conclusion- not a story!;)

If it did exist what would be the physics of it? How would it interact with our reality? Plus I have yet to see the ghost of a T-Rex. That would be awesome in and of itself. I feel the whole idea of a spirit world is to give some meaning to people lives. Like a reward. Good people go to heaven, bad people go to hell. That type of thing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If it did exist what would be the physics of it? How would it interact with our reality? Plus I have yet to see the ghost of a T-Rex. That would be awesome in and of itself. I feel the whole idea of a spirit world is to give some meaning to people lives. Like a reward. Good people go to heaven, bad people go to hell. That type of thing.

yep... control= religion (pretty much the same really) is another example & keep the children under control with the threat of a none visit from Santa clause..

people can be stupid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

evil-spirits-vodka-1.png

I would buy that just to have the cool bottle. 

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked