Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Shaddi

Is there a “Spirit World”?

114 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

DebDandelion
2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I often wonder what the real point of threads like this are? 

I love reading all the responses and at more than one junction I realised that some of the posters get angry with believers because they cannot provide proof...yet the same doubters can't prove ,(beyond doubt) that their side is true.

But it gets heated and the discussion intensifies...

The truth is. We will never really know. The day we have proof then we still (some of us) will doubt. But where else will I have the opportunity to hear about different religious takes on the subjects? No where. Take it one step further, there is folklore, traditional oral stories about just this. What a rich life one can have to hear about it in a thread ...like this!

A thread like this is a bountiful green field of experience waiting to be explored...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
DebDandelion
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not afraid of death. It's the only thing in life we can not avoid. There is no proof or evidence that an afterlife exist either. I'm not the one asking if there is a "spirit world" am I? 

No, you aren't my dear Xeno...no you are not asking.

I believe a bit different than you...for me the only constant is change...death (for me) is simply a change of consciousness...

Edited by DebDandelion
Auto correct blunders
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

There are many things in life we will never know. The question is, "should I bother?".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Just now, DebDandelion said:

No, you aren't my dead Xeno...no you are not asking.

I believe a bit different than you...for me the only constant is change...death (for me) is simply a change of consciousness...

I see dead as nothing more than eternal slumber. Its a comfortable lie I tell my self. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DebDandelion
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

There are many things in life we will never know. The question is, "should I bother?".

That's a life choice... To question or not to question. I like knowledge... I like exploring knowledge... So for me I always bother...the more I know the more interesting my life...the richer my pool of thoughts...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DebDandelion
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I see dead as nothing more than eternal slumber. Its a comfortable lie I tell my self. 

I meant to say dear...it auto corrected to dead..I am sorry.

We tell ourselves what we need to hear...I won't mind an eternal slumber...but I lean towards change of consciousness... Either way...we will know who is right when it is to late to tell someone else. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
 

.we will know who is right when it is to late to tell someone else. 

True. Everything is speculation and none of it should be taken serious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DebDandelion
 

True. Everything is speculation and none of it should be taken serious. 

But there I disagree again. Why should I not take it serious if it could change the way I live my life? Improve my way of thinking?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
 

But there I disagree again. Why should I not take it serious if it could change the way I live my life? Improve my way of thinking?

There is a limit. Between a simple belief and a fanatical desire. You take this stuff too serious, you might become a bit loopy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DebDandelion
 

There is a limit. Between a simple belief and a fanatical desire. You take this stuff too serious, you might become a bit loopy. 

I hear you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hre2breal
On 1/10/2018 at 2:43 AM, XenoFish said:

There is a limit. Between a simple belief and a fanatical desire. You take this stuff too serious, you might become a bit loopy. 

Everyones deffinition of loopy is different too..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flash134

Yes there is there's strange crap in the world and whether we like it or not science hasn't ,can't or doesn't explained every phenomenon in the world  has proven that  there are many cases of things that are just not as normal or cut and dry as what you see is what you get and given the fact that every single culture that isn't trying to survive all the time in it's free time has come up with explanations about the afterlife leads me to believe that yes there is a spirit world.If we humans can make complicated government bureacracies and have agencies like the dmv , police departments , government branches ,and more then why wouldn't there be an organized in some fashion world after this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flash134
Posted (edited)

Watch Beetlejuice's after life office scenes and  look at the bureaucracy and then think about how humans organize things in the world governments, organizations , companies , and then think if science can barely explains one third of the things it encounters  by making theories when they first encounter said things then is there the possibility of a spirit world .If so is everything united ?Probably not it's probably more of a feudal system like with daimyo's or medieval kings trusting vassals. Either way more than likely it's a an over complicated mess and I would highly suggest reading the book Handbook for the recently deceased and take what you can from it Yes it is real avoid the magic door parts if possible I'd bet they'd suck to have someone interfere with.Being someone who has had close shaves with things that are less than pleasant  to be quite honest from my own standpoint the supernatural exists.The majority of it you can cross off but let's  think we live in a galaxy that is  imposed with rules upon rules  and the way it works well if everything jsut came to be or formed right perfectly with atoms then well the odds at Vegas are better. as far as I know the universe is ordered with things that seem to be common free will ,fate , chances ,odds ,probability , and probably god  or some being super imposing order and logic  for the creation of the chaotic reality we call existence.

Edited by flash134

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lumpino
On 5. 4. 2018 at 7:15 PM, flash134 said:

Watch Beetlejuice's after life office scenes and  look at the bureaucracy and then think about how humans organize things in the world governments, organizations , companies , and then think if science can barely explains one third of the things it encounters  by making theories when they first encounter said things then is there the possibility of a spirit world .If so is everything united ?Probably not it's probably more of a feudal system like with daimyo's or medieval kings trusting vassals. Either way more than likely it's a an over complicated mess and I would highly suggest reading the book Handbook for the recently deceased and take what you can from it Yes it is real avoid the magic door parts if possible I'd bet they'd suck to have someone interfere with.Being someone who has had close shaves with things that are less than pleasant  to be quite honest from my own standpoint the supernatural exists.The majority of it you can cross off but let's  think we live in a galaxy that is  imposed with rules upon rules  and the way it works well if everything jsut came to be or formed right perfectly with atoms then well the odds at Vegas are better. as far as I know the universe is ordered with things that seem to be common free will ,fate , chances ,odds ,probability , and probably god  or some being super imposing order and logic  for the creation of the chaotic reality we call existence.

Too much philosophy. :rolleyes: What a long meditation about a name of a higher spirit. (Pagan god or goddess, olympic spirit, beter demon,...an so on). And ask him/her what he/she thinking about. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.