Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NiP98

This is getting ridiculous...

As I said, I am DONE arguing with a skeptic. Ugh, our minds just not alike at all!!!

Edited by DragonFire22

2 minutes ago, DragonFire22 said:

This is getting ridiculous...

As I said, I am DONE arguing with a skeptic. Ugh, our mind not alike at all!!!

That's the point and that's how you expand your horizons. I used to be a believer but time and a lot of effort proved something very different to me. 

Here's the things, I am discussing, you are arguing. If you do not like to discuss with skeptics what do you wish? To only speak with those who agree with you?

This will be my last post in this thread as I do not wish it closed over something meaningless.

NiP I would love to read your report once it's done. If you're able to post it that would be fantastic, if you're unable to do this then at least let us know how it went. Thanks in advanced.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DragonFire22 said:

No, no no, I keep an OPEN MIND that Ghosts exists, but I have never seen any ghosts myself. I am also NOT a liar, so you not seeing me claiming I saw ghosts. No, I have NOT!

I am definitely more of an Open-minded science enthusiast and NEVER a skeptic, I totally find skeptics very close-minded people, sorry but I just really disagree with skeptics on their viewpoints. I ALWAYS had an issue with the skeptics mindset!

That is exactly wrong.  With zero doubt I can say that the so called "skeptics" here are very open minded individuals but they are also very rational people and when you claim the impossible is happening, based on nothing more than what some person saw then you will be challenged.   Personally I think it would be amazing to discover that our ancestors walk among us, it is one of man's oldest desires and the reason for our intricate burial ceremonies, at least IMHO and I am sure those same "skeptics" will challenge that statement, as they should.   

That is a "skeptics" mindset, nothing more.  I don't want ghosts to NOT exist, I just don't see any proof that they do and you have offered nothing that defies all the laws of physics.  Show me empirical evidence that ghosts exist and you will have several new "close minded" proponents backing you up but extraordinary claims like our ancestors are visiting us after death requires extraordinary evidence.

24 minutes ago, DragonFire22 said:

Also, pretty sure you all have an idea of what "Confirmation bias" is. That is exactly what I was saying that "If you are one who don't think ghosts exist, you could come up with thousands of reasonable explainations to downplay something that might be paranormal, but as I FREAKING said, you couldn't 100% disprove it's paranormal except a theory, or likely, educated guess.

Good enough for a skeptic, but DEF not good enough for open-minded folks like myself, not sure how is this part difficult to understand?

I AM OVER this, TBH. I don't think I will ever agree with a skeptic, so this is my FINAL word vs a skeptic!

p.s: Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses(...that 'Ghosts can't exist' in this instance).

No confirmation bias as we are not claiming anything.  You are.  All we ask is proof of it and you don't have any.

• Like 1

NO. You are having "Confirmation bias" by thinking "Ghosts don't exist". I CLEARLY made myself very clear I NEVER seen any ghosts, nor am I hardcore believer of any sort. I don't have "Confirmation bias", as I don't automatically assume they exist whatsoever!

I am only OPEN-minded that they COULD exist, instead of " they don't exist", "probably don't exist", "most likely don't exist" or that sort!

Edited by DragonFire22

10 minutes ago, DragonFire22 said:

NO. You are having "Confirmation bias" by thinking "Ghosts don't exist". I CLEARLY made myself very clear I NEVER seen any ghosts, nor am I hardcore believer of any sort.

I am only OPEN-minded that they COULD exist, instead of " they don't exist", "probably don't exist", "most likely don't exist" or that sort!

I am open minded as well but there is nothing in science that says a dead body can some how generate a corporeal vision of itself, or a blob of light, or a flash of light or an orb, etc. etc. etc.   There are lot's of different ghosts apparently.  My problem is NONE of them can be detected by our instruments and we can detect quantum material now so you are basically talking about something beyond all known physics, energy that can't be detected yet the human eye, that can only see a very, very, very narrow slice of the EM spectrum happens to see on a daily basis. 

How close minded is one who actually believes that is happening, on a daily basis no less?  I am amazed that the human eye can detect something that no other instrument can, instruments that are designed to see all parts of the EM spectrum.  

11 hours ago, rashore said:

Wow, that sounds great! I hope you are willing to post your presentation here after you are finished with it :tu:

I will try to if I can :D

47 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This will be my last post in this thread as I do not wish it closed over something meaningless.

NiP I would love to read your report once it's done. If you're able to post it that would be fantastic, if you're unable to do this then at least let us know how it went. Thanks in advanced.

I'll try too, thank you :)

• Like 1

Instead of going off on a tangent, can you please all stick to the description that is provided on my post please. I do need this information asap to help with my project. So again tell me if you believe in ghosts or not, explain why and also if you've had any experiences good or bad post them in too. Thanks :)

Yes, people, stop bickering. DragonFire22, Merc, and Xeno, all of you hug and make up. Let's keep it civil. Dragon, you seem awfully defensive about this issue. Skepticism is healthy and necessary in nearly all things, but not to excess.

NiP98, this is a discussion forum, so discussion is allowed and expected. I don't want to see a lot of fighting, but the back-and-forth on an issue like is to be expected. It's fine for people to help you with your project (I myself contributed) but it's also fine to discuss.

1 hour ago, NiP98 said:

Instead of going off on a tangent, can you please all stick to the description that is provided on my post please. I do need this information asap to help with my project. So again tell me if you believe in ghosts or not, explain why and also if you've had any experiences good or bad post them in too. Thanks :)

I don't believe in ghosts. I used to be more open to the idea (also ET/UFO stuff), but the lack of evidence and believers arguments vs the skeptics has pretty much eroded any belief I had.

I did experiment with Ouija boards/seances as a kid, and the old house next door was meant to be haunted (the owners were hardly ever there and we went exploring after dark, plus they said we could use their tennis court), but the closest thing to a paranormal experience I have experienced was a horror movie DVD seemingly disappearing in the player and then playing itself moments after. My mate and I called the DVD player Polti (Eg. poltergeist). And we took to it with a hammer, couldn't find any way the disk could have been hidden inside the player, and both swore we weren't playing a prank on one another.

But that's it. :lol:

Edit: Here's the house next door: http://vhd.heritagecouncil.vic.gov.au/places/69384

Also, their alarm system used to go off a lot, they told us it was pretty sensitive, and one day a removal truck was parked out front while it was going off. We didn't think anything of because it was during the day and seemed innocent. Well we later found out that they actually got robbed, from memory they lost a lot of authentic old furniture.

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

seen ghosts all my life. Do you ever notice when you look at a group of people and one catches your eye, you turn your head, then look back and the same group of people are there except the one that caught your eye.

Edited by onlyI see
misspelling
  • Like 1

There's real phenomena to experience, but also...pretty much every single belief system has a way to rid yourself of it that can work.

So that means there's an element to the phenomena that we're involved in. It isn't independent of us. 

So the answer is a little more complicated.

Real, but not in the same way that other things are real. 

Sort of contingent. 

I believe ghosts are real, or spirits if you want to call them that.   All of creation is made up of energy, and that energy never ceases to exist, whether it is positive or negative.   No matter if it's human, animal or plant all are energy.

• Like 1

I’m guessing the OP’s project is over, as it’s been awhile since they have been back. Just for kicks here is my 2 cents.

i don’t know if ghosts exist. I have never seen a ghost outside of an altered state of consciousness. 

I do strongly suspect something exists though. Some kind of consciousness we are unable to detect, unless or until it wants us to.

I have heard things that I couldn’t possibly explain. To me those experiences that spans over just a few months, with one insane week in the middle, were as real as anything I’ve ever experienced. 

So I am a believer. Just not sure exactly what it is I’m believing in. 

Well, the word Paranormal means anything that is above normal to you, or to other people.

So the question might be........what is paranormal to you?

As an example, in the morning when you can't quite comb your hair the right way, and you walk out of the house looking funny, is that paranormal?

What if that only happens once in your life, or only a few times?

What if there is no known cause for your bad hair day? What if the cause is something our science cannot explain without guessing?

In that case, that one or few bad hair days you had would be paranormal wouldn't it??

Another example would be smells. Have you ever been walking along and smelled something you couldn't explain? Your mind dismisses it right a way as something normal, but that could be considered paranormal too. What if you researched that smell and tried to find out where it came from for a number of months or years? What if you never figure it out?? That too would be paranormal wouldn't it??

To make a long story short, the word paranormal has more potential meaning than just ghosts.

To make an even longer story short, a lot of the normal mysteries in life such as errant smells, a tickle on your cheek, or a weird feeling of being followed are not only paranormal because you cannot explain them by a normal means. They are also probably at least some of the time paranormal because they are caused by ghosts. To believe in the latter, you have to see one with your own eyes. There is really no other way.

I've had experiences with the paranormal off and on throughout the years, but one comes to mind in particular.  I had had an argument with my mother and decided to leave the house for a while to cool off.  So I went to Luby's Restaurant to eat.  It was situated so that when you went in you had to go in a narrow, partitioned-off waiting line to get to the food servers and then to your table.   Then there was another door to go out when done.

So I was in line, still upset when I turned around and saw a shorter than me Mexican man looking straight at me with a rather serious look in his eyes.   I progressed a little in line and turned around again but the man was gone.   There was nowhere for him to go except back out the entrance door.   So two women came in very soon after I noticed the man gone and I asked them if they had seen a man going back out the entrance when they came in and they said no. 

The experience left me somewhat spooked and I've never forgotten it.