Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hidden chamber found in Great Pyramid

The Caspian Hare

On 11/5/2017 at 9:10 PM, Scott Creighton said:

Hey Kmt_sesh,

Some years ago it was proposed (I think by Lehner though not 100% sure) that the numerous slots or niches we find that run the length of both 'pavements' of the Grand Gallery were to hold statues of Khufu's ancestors.

SC

Found it. This hypothesis was actually first proposed by André Pochan in his book, 'Mysteries of the Great Pyramids' (1978), p.30.

SC

• Like 2

On 11/3/2017 at 7:39 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Without realizing i? How do you know I wasn't just messing with you people?

You're far to kind, lovely and forbearing to have done so. Teddy bears don't have teeth. Now you do carry a sawed off shotgun but then you DO live in Chicago.

• Like 1

Here some hidden chambers info, Sphinx thou.....

As a schoolboy, Boriska explained how the Martians had a strong connection to the ancient Egyptians on Earth and how he had once visited the planet as a pilot.

He said that life on Earth will change dramatically when the Great Sphinx monument in Giza is 'unlocked', adding that the opening mechanism is hidden behind an ear.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5054931/Russian-says-lived-Mar-reborn-Earth.html#ixzz4xlQq6NIr

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scott Creighton said:

Found it. This hypothesis was actually first proposed by André Pochan in his book, 'Mysteries of the Great Pyramids' (1978), p.30.

SC

Thank you for the reference.

On 11/3/2017 at 11:56 AM, Quaentum said:

Exactly how can a person who has a mummy doing a thumbs up in their sig be considered  a pessimist?

I assumed it was kmt coming out of the burn ward after he tried to blast his way into some pyramid. The thumbs up is him saying he's okay. That being said I do assume kmt is a mummy so I wonder how wrapping ace bandages over mummification wraps is performed? Gotta be a real PITA I'm sure. 

Yet another unexplained mystery. 

Edited by internetperson

9 hours ago, internetperson said:

I assumed it was kmt coming out of the burn ward after he tried to blast his way into some pyramid. The thumbs up is him saying he's okay. That being said I do assume kmt is a mummy so I wonder how wrapping ace bandages over mummification wraps is performed? Gotta be a real PITA I'm sure. 

Yet another unexplained mystery. 

Additional bandaging? Please, go ahead. It keep me warm this time of year.

Perhaps they will be able to snake some fiber optics up into the chamber? That's probably what I'd look at next. Probably use IR, to get more general idea of what is in there, and then use visible light to look for details.

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Perhaps they will be able to snake some fiber optics up into the chamber? That's probably what I'd look at next. Probably use IR, to get more general idea of what is in there, and then use visible light to look for details.

Admittedly I'm not an engineer or an architect (though my dad was), but it seems to me that the lower void near the original entrance corridor would be a less risky place to begin testing and examination.  That revelation would most likely have import as to the upper void, and may give clues as to how to proceed.

• Like 1

Having thought about it, I feel they will find it was the Pharaoh's man cave. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Quaentum said:

...isn't the whole thing basically a man cave?

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

...isn't the whole thing basically a man cave?

--Jaylemurph

Basically, yes, but he was a very powerful king. Even his man cave has a man cave.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Quaentum said:

I wonder what size plasma screen he had? :lol:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I wonder what size plasma screen he had? :lol:

5a064a6002fe5_..jpg.2a0c7d006f1d76462f624424a3cd611b.jpg

Course, they'd need something to power it all up, right?   Muahahahahahhah!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Khaemwaset said:

Course, they'd need something to power it all up, right?   Muahahahahahhah!

Geysers.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Geysers.

Geyser powered generators.. it all makes sense, now.

• Like 2

Another possible version of Khufu's man cave...using alternate woo criteria:

5a0742245a9d3_.jpg.15cf895c5c0e4a783dbaf120dd6b6dee.jpg

17 hours ago, Gaden said:

Geyser powered generators.. it all makes sense, now.

I keep telling you don't open and eat  yogurt from the containers that are bulging out!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Anyone know if this representation has any truth to it? Is the void really up that high?

171102-secret-chamber-pyramid-04.jpg?qua

https://nypost.com/2017/11/02/scientists-discover-hidden-chamber-in-great-pyramid/

The position seems to be correct, there is some dispute about the incline.

Does this analysis more or less eliminate the chance of there being any further significant voids? 

12 minutes ago, flashman7870 said:

Does this analysis more or less eliminate the chance of there being any further significant voids? 

More than likely, yes, unless they just haven't reported it for some reason. I wouldn't buy that, however.

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

More than likely, yes, unless they just haven't reported it for some reason. I wouldn't buy that, however.

I mean, obviously they're not reporting on the Library of Thoth, but that's because they already know where it is. 

Also, while I got a hold of you: could you give me the run down on what's wrong with the water erosion argument?