Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Russian Hare

Hidden chamber found in Great Pyramid

84 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Quaentum
12 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I like that. That's the most plausible explanation. :lol:

Exactly how I feel, but I'm a pessimist by nature. However, I'm more than willing to be proved wrong.

Exactly how can a person who has a mummy doing a thumbs up in their sig be considered  a pessimist?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
5 hours ago, Quaentum said:

Exactly how can a person who has a mummy doing a thumbs up in their sig be considered  a pessimist?

He put in that avatar without realizing it's upside down

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
5 hours ago, Hanslune said:

He put in that avatar without realizing it's upside down

Without realizing i? How do you know I wasn't just messing with you people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
15 hours ago, Scott Creighton said:

 

If there is any truth to this Arabic legend (based upon Coptic tradition) then it seems that the Great Pyramid would, by necessity, have been designed with (relatively) accessible chambers (for storage of seeds, tools, documents etc for the recovery of the kingdom after the foretold deluge) but also with an inaccessible chamber (burial vault) for the "bodies of his [Saurid's] ancestors". 

Perhaps there is more truth to this Coptic legend than meets the eye.

SC

Scott Creighton? Is it really you?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Without realizing i? How do you know I wasn't just messing with you people?

I thought you realized that great armed mummy fish was hung out to dry, head down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Scott Creighton? Is it really you?

Scott who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

Scott who?

https://www.amazon.com/Scott-Creighton/e/B005XNT7EE

He's even started some threads on UM.

Edited by DieChecker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

https://www.amazon.com/Scott-Creighton/e/B005XNT7EE

He's even started some threads on UM.

Oh that guy, I thought he had done himself in by shooting off all his limbs. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
9 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Oh that guy, I thought he had done himself in by shooting off all his limbs. Thanks!

How could you forget? Rupert's gonna slap you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scott Creighton
On 04/11/2017 at 2:40 AM, kmt_sesh said:

Scott Creighton? Is it really you?

Hey Kmt_sesh,

Why so surprised? All my limbs, as far as I am aware, are still pretty much functional, even if I do have to take a wee seat every once in a while--sadly not as young and fit as I used to be.  I do, however, ensure that I take my seat breaks at the very best of locations, as you can clearly see below:

SC-Field.jpg

Anyway, to further clarify my thoughts on this discovery within the GP:

As a consequence of their religious beliefs, the ancient Egyptians had great reverence for their ancestors and would go to quite extraordinary lengths to protect their long dead bodies, often removing them from their original tombs to new, safer tomb locations when it seemed their original tomb was in danger of some kind (usually from tomb raiders).

So it would not be at all surprising to find that the AEs, in believing that their entire kingdom was in peril from a future deluge that would destroy the entire country (as stated in the Coptic / Arabic texts), would take this precaution of re-burying their ancestor kings in a massive chamber in the heart of the Great Pyramid--a way to preserve them for all time and, specifically, from the destruction of the coming deluge.

I fully anticipate that there will be no access tunnels anywhere to this chamber. I suspect the bodies of the ancestors would have been lowered into this 'burial vault' when the roof of the vault was still open providing the only access to the cavity and sealed over as the pyramid was built upwards.


Some years ago it was proposed (I think by Lehner though not 100% sure) that the numerous slots or niches we find that run the length of both 'pavements' of the Grand Gallery were to hold statues of Khufu's ancestors. If this newly discovered void or vault above the Grand Gallery really does contain the actual bodies of these ancestors then this would make perfect sense as each of the ancestor statues believed by some to have once stood in the Grand Gallery would have effectively served as a Ka double for each body of the anestor kings in the hidden vault above. Indeed, by counting the number of these slots in the 2 'pavements' of the Grand Gallery, we may have an idea of how many ancestor kings may have been interred in the hidden vault above: 27 pairs = 54 ka statues = 54 ancestor kings perhaps residing in this hidden space.

SC

 

Edited by Scott Creighton
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
4 hours ago, Scott Creighton said:

I fully anticipate that there will be no access tunnels anywhere to this chamber. I suspect the bodies of the ancestors would have been lowered into this 'burial vault' when the roof of the vault was still open providing the only access to the cavity and sealed over as the pyramid was built upwards.

Hmmm so SC, how does this theory co-exist with your earlier theory that the AE took over the pyramids from a lost civilization? Have you abandoned that one with the thoughts above which have the AE building the pyramids themselves? Or are you keeping both theories in play?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
On 11/3/2017 at 4:27 AM, Scott Creighton said:

 

If there is any truth to this Arabic legend (based upon Coptic tradition) then it seems that the Great Pyramid would, by necessity, have been designed with (relatively) accessible chambers (for storage of seeds, tools, documents etc for the recovery of the kingdom after the foretold deluge) but also with an inaccessible chamber (burial vault) for the "bodies of his [Saurid's] ancestors". 

Perhaps there is more truth to this Coptic legend than meets the eye.

SC

Do you have a specific source for what you say the Copts believe? It was a common christian belief in the Middle Ages that the pyramids were silos from the famine that attacked the Biblical pharaoh for seven lean years (as explicated by Joseph), but that was never specifically limited to the Great Pyramid. Also, why would Muslim Arabs take up a story that was specifically christian? (They have taken others and put an expressly Muslim reading on the stories, and I don't see anything here that follows that pattern). Also, the BIblical god promised no more humanity-culling Floods, so why would the Copts be predicting/prophesying something God explicitly said would not happen again?

--Jaylemurph

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
26 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

 Also, the BIblical god promised no more humanity-culling Floods, so why would the Copts be predicting/prophesying something God explicitly said would not happen again?

--Jaylemurph

I think he was saying that the Copts recorded in some manner this thought/idea of a deluge - that was suppose to have threatened during the OK times, or somethin' like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh

The Egyptians did have a tradition, dating to long after the Old Kingdom, that eventually the chaotic waters of Nun would destroy all of creation and leave only one deity, Atum, as the survivor. Everything else would be destroyed. This is from the Book of the Dead, in a dialog between Atum and Osiris. Atum was the ultimate creator, and thus the ultimate destroyer.

Some versions of early Coptic religion blended pagan Egypt and Christianity into one. Many modern Christians would be hard pressed even to recognize it as anything really Christian at all, but there you have it. On display at the museum we have the remnants of a Coptic banner that once hung in a church and includes Christian crosses, Greek keys, and Egyptian ankhs. These religions blended together in a natural way. I don't know the flood myth to which Scott alludes, but it's possible it ultimately stems from the Atum tradition mixed in some way with the biblical tradition.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
7 hours ago, Scott Creighton said:

Hey Kmt_sesh,

Why so surprised? All my limbs, as far as I am aware, are still pretty much functional, even if I do have to take a wee seat every once in a while--sadly not as young and fit as I used to be.  I do, however, ensure that I take my seat breaks at the very best of locations, as you can clearly see below:

SC-Field.jpg

...

Yes, indeed, the very best of locations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Windowpane
2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

... I don't know the flood myth to which Scott alludes, but it's possible it ultimately stems from the Atum tradition mixed in some way with the biblical tradition.

Scott Creighton's theories on the alleged role of the Flood vis-à-vis the pyramids in AE thought are discussed here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scott Creighton
6 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Hmmm so SC, how does this theory co-exist with your earlier theory that the AE took over the pyramids from a lost civilization? Have you abandoned that one with the thoughts above which have the AE building the pyramids themselves? Or are you keeping both theories in play?

 

 

Not quite sure where you get this from. My position has always been that the AE civilisation is much older, just like the AEs themselves tell us. It's contemporary Egyptologists who are determined to restrict their history to 3100 BCE. My view has always been that the pyramids are much older having been constructed by the earlier Egyptian civilisation the AEs tell us existed.

In time these structures would have become religious icons, the means through which the rebirth of the kingdom had occurred and would then become a religious concept for the later dynasties who would, perhaps, repurpose the pyramids as tombs but now as an Osirian rebirth instrument of the king himself.

My position on this is perfectly consistent.

SC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
6 hours ago, Scott Creighton said:

Not quite sure where you get this from. My position has always been that the AE civilisation is much older, just like the AEs themselves tell us. It's contemporary Egyptologists who are determined to restrict their history to 3100 BCE. My view has always been that the pyramids are much older having been constructed by the earlier Egyptian civilisation the AEs tell us existed.

In time these structures would have become religious icons, the means through which the rebirth of the kingdom had occurred and would then become a religious concept for the later dynasties who would, perhaps, repurpose the pyramids as tombs but now as an Osirian rebirth instrument of the king himself.

My position on this is perfectly consistent.

SC

Oh that's right you hold its 7,000 year old (?) and you've have rejected your very early claims of them being built by the Atlanteans. You had a wonderful powerpoint show on that years ago. No problem you can change your mind - oh are they still 7,000 years old as you claim in Osiris book or have you changed that recently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scott Creighton

Don't get where you get that 7,000 year old figure from either. Maybe you should actually read what I have actually written and not simply imagine what I have written. 

Atlanteans? Again - I have never proposed that. Let me repeat for your benefit (as it seems I must)  - my position has always been that the AE civilisation is much older (as the AEs themselves tell us) and that it was the older AE civilisation who built these structures

Hope that's clear for you now.

Now I remember why I put your posts on ignore over 2 years ago.

Click. Sorted. You're back on ignore because, quite simply, your comments are simply not worth my time and are totally off-topic.

 

SC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
1 hour ago, Scott Creighton said:

Don't get where you get that 7,000 year old figure from either. Maybe you should actually read what I have actually written and not simply imagine what I have written. 

Atlanteans? Again - I have never proposed that. Let me repeat for your benefit (as it seems I must)  - my position has always been that the AE civilisation is much older (as the AEs themselves tell us) and that it was the older AE civilisation who built these structures

Hope that's clear for you now.

Now I remember why I put your posts on ignore over 2 years ago.

Click. Sorted. You're back on ignore because, quite simply, your comments are simply not worth my time and are totally off-topic.

 

SC

Do you mind not being vague and tell me what "older AE civilisation" you are referring to? Do you have dates for that "older AE civilisation" or is this some unknown, undated civilization?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
1 hour ago, Scott Creighton said:

Don't get where you get that 7,000 year old figure from either. Maybe you should actually read what I have actually written and not simply imagine what I have written. 

Atlanteans? Again - I have never proposed that. Let me repeat for your benefit (as it seems I must)  - my position has always been that the AE civilisation is much older (as the AEs themselves tell us) and that it was the older AE civilisation who built these structures

Hope that's clear for you now.

Now I remember why I put your posts on ignore over 2 years ago.

Click. Sorted. You're back on ignore because, quite simply, your comments are simply not worth my time and are totally off-topic.

 

SC

 

 

Does it matter won't you just deny it?

Actually in your earliest work - of which I had a downloaded powerpoint presentation you talk about Atlanteans. Whatever so you change your mind - that is your choice. Remember your? [www.sharebigfile.com] Presentation - The Giza Codex: Time of the Gods - you know with that 3 digit code......

Yes please put me on ignore - I presume you are still mad about or ZH had what he said about C-14 dates - oh well - that didn't work to well for you did it? LOL

 

See ya later

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh

Can't you two just hug and make up? Gees, all this tension will drive me to drink. More.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
45 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

 Gees, all this tension will drive me to drink. More.

You see and that is GOOD for you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sonofkrypton
On 02/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, sonofkrypton said:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/11/great-pyramid-giza-void-discovered-khufu-archaeology-science/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_tw20171102news-pyramidvoid&utm_campaign=Content&sf136377441=1

my mouth is literally watering at the prospect of what could possibly be inside this void/chamber

could the final resting place of the Pharaoh finally have been discovered!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinakillgrove/2017/11/04/what-archaeologists-want-you-to-know-about-the-great-pyramid-void/#62870a0daf9e 

and boringly back to earth!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
12 minutes ago, sonofkrypton said:

... and boringly back to earth!

Not on Unexplained Mysteries it ain't ...

:D

~

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.