Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Inventor admits to dismembering journalist

The Caspian Hare

Danish inventor Peter Madsen has admitted to dismembering Swedish journalist Kim Wall on board his submarine in August and dumping her body parts in the sea, but he still denies killing her, police said on Monday.

The police said in a statement Madsen had told them in an Oct. 14 interrogation that Wall, 30, had died from carbon monoxide poisoning inside the submarine, while he was on the deck of the vessel.

In past court hearings, Madsen said that Wall had died accidentally after being hit by a heavy hatch cover on his UC3 Nautilus submarine.

http://www.france24.com/en/20171030-denmark-danish-inventor-admits-dismembering-swedish-journalist-kim-wall-submarine

• Like 2

Yep... nothing screams "innocent" like dismembering the corpse of a woman who apparently died accidentaly on your submarine...

It's straight out of the 'Oscar Pistorius Book of Plausible Scenarios' :rolleyes:

Hope this nutjob gets everything that's coming to him.

• Like 6

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to give an update.   Not much new though.

The Danish inventor accused of killing journalist Kim Wall during a trip on his private submarine could murder again, a prosecutor said Monday, while detailing grisly parts of her death in the final day of his trial.

Prosecutor Jakob Buch-Jepsen demanded that Peter Madsen be given life in prison  — 16 years in Denmark, which could be extended if necessary — or locked up in a secure mental facility for as long as he's considered a danger to others.

The prosecutor also detailed how Wall, 30, may have been tied with her own stockings before Madsen "impaled her," and that he acted with a sexual motive.

Buch-Jepsen said Madsen, who is accused of either cutting Wall's throat or strangling her, is not insane but "emotionally impaired with severe lack of empathy, anger and guilt."

The prosecutor also quoted a court-ordered psychiatric report that described Madsen as an intelligent man "with psychopathic tendencies."

Madsen's lawyer Betina Hald Engmark called it "a horror story ... but the story is not based on facts. It is based on undocumented claims."

Wall, a 30-year-old freelance journalist, set out on the submarine on Aug. 10 to interview Madsen, the co-founder of a company that develops and builds manned spacecraft.

Her remains were found in plastic bags on the Baltic Sea bed weeks later.

Authorities have not determined a cause of death, but said her torso had been stabbed multiple times.

Madsen has said the reporter's death was accidental, and that Wall died because of a pressure problem in the home-made submarine.

Madsen, who told the court he was "a promiscuous person," has admitted to dismembering Wall's body before he "buried her at sea." He claimed he had to because he could not lift the woman's body up the submarine tower in one piece to throw it overboard.

The 12-day trial started March 8, and the verdict will be delivered Wednesday at 7 a.m. ET.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04/23/kim-wall-tied-up-with-stocking-impaled-in-submarine-for-killer-s-sexual-gratification-officials-say.html

• Like 2

The verdict's in:

Kim Wall murder: Danish inventor Peter Madsen given life sentence

"Danish inventor Peter Madsen has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for the murder of the Swedish journalist Kim Wall on his submarine.

Madsen had planned to kill Ms Wall, 30, either by suffocating her or cutting her throat, the Copenhagen court heard."

• Like 2

The verdict is no surprise. 

He was an eccentric nut and this young journalist should never have set foot on his sub. Unfortunately she did.

He really was an unstable person who said some pretty disturbing things, being alone with him in a room let alone a submarine was surely a no no. BUT do not get me wrong, this was all his fault, he took advantage of a naive young journalist...and this time he did do someone harm. He was not unknown for the mental harm he would do to others, this time he made it physical and deadly! 

“I’d like to secretly build a zeppelin and fly over Copenhagen in it as a swarm of police cars chase me on the ground. I’d land the balloon between the two spires of Roskilde Cathedral as the police wait to arrest me,” he said to Søndagsavisen.

In the same interview, Madsen also stated his desire to “have a criminal track record in the long run. I don’t mean I want to rob a bank. Heavens no, it mustn’t do anyone any harm.”

https://www.thelocal.se/20170824/peter-madsen-what-is-known-about-the-danish-inventor

Tis a shame there is no death penalty for this monster.

He once said

"How does it feel to know your own father is a villain?"

So he took to murder to find out!

Ya know, I freely admit that I am not the most non-deviant person on this rock, but, his actions seem seriously sick.