Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is absurd

Illyrius

6 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

These atheists should write their hymn.

It would go something li like this:

proof, proof, proof, woof woof, silly joke,

woo, proof, woof, fringe, woof,

proof proof....

I'm a big fan of Matt Dillahunty and I think this quote sums it up pretty well:

Faith - Matt Dillahunty

I will recomend that people visit the Atheist Experience to see more of Matt and the other great hosts of the show:  https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAtheistExperience

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

I would challenge this with the following analogy. We know for example that flies tend to be in the garden sometimes if not most of the time. And let's say that you can't access your garden. Is it likely that although you don't have any proof there are probably some flies flying in your garden and enjoying their flight?

But how do you know the garden still exists?

:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timonthy said:

But how do you know the garden still exists?

In an analogy that wasn't a question. But couldn't prove that either. Good point.

By the way this is an absurd topic. Why are you still here?

11 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I'm a big fan of Matt Dillahunty and I think this quote sums it up pretty well:Æ

Looks like a decent specimen of atheists.

Starting to think about Darwin's theory more seriously than ever.

Edited by Mr. Argon

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Can you do the same thing about a soul ?

Of course I can.

Let me take off my socks first.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I'm a big fan of Matt Dillahunty and I think this quote sums it up pretty well:

Faith - Matt Dillahunty

I will recomend that people visit the Atheist Experience to see more of Matt and the other great hosts of the show:  https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAtheistExperience

With something like this, it is easier to simply state that what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. 

Either the OP thinks he found a slam dunk philosophical rambling or he's trolling. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

In an analogy that wasn't a question. But couldn't prove that either. Good point.

By the way this is an absurd topic. Why are you still here?

Because it’s humorous too.

• Like 1

So. After this Darwinian barrage let me finally state why do I think it is absurd.

If there is really nothing after the death, then everything would be meaningless. Any sort of human progress -meaningless, because a one life of a man is not even a blink of an eye in cosmic time. And then, there is nothing. Any moral, anything.. meaningless.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

With something like this, it is easier to simply state that what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. 

Either the OP thinks he found a slam dunk philosophical rambling or he's trolling. 

Sometimes it can be pretty hard to see if someone is trolling or not, but based on the likes he have given so far I now lean on the side of him being a troll.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Sometimes it can be pretty hard to see if someone is trolling or not, but based on the likes he have given so far I now lean on the side of him being a troll.

Do you have a proof?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

No way. I only believe in that.

Oh... i actually started a thread in favor of outlawing things like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Argon said:

So. After this Darwinian barrage let me finally state why do I think it is absurd.

If there is really nothing after the death, then everything would be meaningless. Any sort of human progress -meaningless, because a one life of a man is not even a blink of an eye in cosmic time. And then, there is nothing. Any moral, anything.. meaningless.

Why would it be meaningless? if anything the fact there is only one life makes it more precious. Nature may only want us here to have kids and nothing more, but nothing is stopping you from making your life meaningful.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

Except for the moments that make up the meaningless exiatance.. Those are yours.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

Oh... i actually started a thread in favor of outlawing things like that.

Take care of Frank. ;)

6 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

You mean without an afterlife, life itself is absurd?

How absurd to point out how absurd this is.

• Like 1

Do you have a proof?

No, but we don't need proof to say something is true do we ? I learned that from you.

Anyway I only said that it was my perception. I might be wrong.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

3 minutes ago, Baldylocks said:

Why would it be meaningless? if anything the fact there is only one life makes it more precious.

Because it represents nothing of a sense. Not even a blink of an eye in terms of cosmic time. Practically non-existance.

• Like 1

I don't think all of the replies have been from atheists, but lets put that aside. 

So what? 

First, you are not arguing if it is true then, you are making a personal argument. To me, it would be meaningless therefor it is absurd. 

And in that instance, whether it is true or not has no bearing on your belief. It's divorced from reality regardless of whether it supports or counters your position. 

Secondly, the most you can say is it is ultimately pointless to you. 

I don't think so, I don't see meaning as something that can or should be made but must be found for each person. 

So what is meaningless to you has no point of bearing on anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You mean without an afterlife, life itself is absurd?

Yes. I think so.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Argon said:

Because it represents nothing of a sense. Not even a blink of an eye in terms of cosmic time. Practically non-existance.

Maybe, but you cant fake the feelings we get. A human inspiring another etc will always be meaningful, no matter how small we may be in the cosmic sense.

4 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

No, but we don't need proof to say something is true do we ? I learned that from you.

Huh. Really? That's strange.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

Take care of Frank. ;)

Franks good, he was completely self sufficient. Rounded off most of his edges in a cup of coffee. 

All that remains of frank are crumbs, no longer even a shadow of his former self. And it makes sense, before conception he was just an idea-and the idea of frank is all that remains.

Though his life was filled with wonder and bringing pleasuet to me.. I mean others. RIP frank

• Like 1

I find that this song contains a lot of sound advice on dealing with life:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wes4747 said:

Franks good, he was completely self sufficient. Rounded off most of his edges in a cup of coffee. 

All that remains of frank are crumbs, no longer even a shadow of his former self. And it makes sense, before conception he was just an idea-and the idea of frank is all that remains.

Though his life was filled with wonder and bringing pleasuet to me.. I mean others. RIP frank

In the next life Frank will be an atheist.

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I find that this song contains a lot of sound advice on dealing with life:

I always liked the idea of everyone holding hands and singing this as a comet comes flying towards us.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked