Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is absurd

Illyrius

2 minutes ago, Podo said:

This is an excellent analogy! It deserves being called out, absolutely fantastic.

Thanks, but I can't lay claim as it isn't originally my analogy, however it is someone else's idea expressed in my own words. 

Either way it really does work well as an analogy and can even be taken much further once you start to think about it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Hahahaha...

I admire your humour.. You really are a funny guy...

I enjoy a chuckle when it's appropriate 

As to questions above..

Yes ....Descriptive as Possible would describe you to a T...or to a Fault....lol.

I thought it was a courtesy yet all I see for these efforts is a great deal of rudeness and childish gang up behaviours

The people on this thread who claim to want to learn obviously do not. It is plainly obvious that the afterlife proponents are here for self validation under the guise of discussion 

We are talking across oceans, Mines the Pacific, what's yours..?

The other side of it

And..

Checked out your link...Dude.. What the hell..???

Scientific Standpoint has missed a link... Of comprehension....

Its hard to grasp through all the flashy words... How can the Every day lay man, understand all that..my friend....??

I don't understand 

Its not hard 

I'm just a construction worker. Nothing particularly academic. 

If I can understand it, anyone can. Are you sure it's not that you just don't want to understand it? 

Happy to out up that video I mentioned. Plenty of people in attendance and plenty who have watched it seem to grasp Carroll sufficiently. 

Can't be through you , You have the same jargon in your vocabulary....

And happy to explain anything personally that you are struggling with

Cranky?? Another Perception..lol..

No, the more you post the more I see an ugly side to your posting. I have not been nasty to you but you ate ganging up with others who also fear what the new knowledge brings. Your insights certainly do not make you any more tolerant or loving than any other poster on the forum 

Your a Real Psyche One Ohhh One....

SIKE..!!

Layman Jargon...

Mo..xx

Its not only pretty easy to understand as Sean Carroll has a friendly and humerous approach. It seems much more likely that you fear what he brings to this table. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Awesomeness..!!!

Miss Light Angel...

however my friend..

My Energetic Psychic Abilities... feels there may possibly be a .....

VOLUME XII ......coming in the nearest future...

I could be Wrong........

I hope I am....

Lol..!!

Mo..xx

This is what I refer to

Is this the best of you is it?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

This is what I refer to

Is this the best of you is it?? 

Hi psyche..

How's you today, still charming as ever...

Missed ya ....

The Best of Me...you say...

Ssssh can't tell ya....

Then you'd know my end game.lol..

Though, I do have many posts on here, you could check them out, and maybe you can try and Psyche me out then...

Dreams are Free....

Peace to you Learned Sir..xx

Mo..xx

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Well, maybe this topic will show you something: 

But, you have to read through the whole topic to get my point.

And to get my point you need to be intelligent!

Well I seem to be one of the few here capable of understanding the likes of Sean Carroll? 

I don't see anything supporting your claim of an afterlife in there. I saw possibly the best posting Xenofish has ever done on this forum (kudos xeno) , the brilliance of Emma shining through yet again, awesome posts from Sheri and logical debate from Rlyeh. 

You began the thread with Bruce Greyson regurgitating the same rubbish that Ray Moody and that charlatan Eben Alexander have presented to Sean Carroll and Steve Novella, who rationalised the claims and illustrated them to he nothing more than an exaggerated personal opinion. I saw one link to a doctor who was embarrassing to his profession while he pondered 11th century thinking and that silly little man Sheldrake who tailored his results as proof 

None of that thread has a shred of proof. It just confirms what I have already stated. Proponents are here for self validation and lose their manners and temper should something rock their personal conclusions. Some even have the audacity to claim they are here to learn when they are here to preach 

Honestly there is nothing illustrated in that thread that we do not see here in this one. But then again if you really did have proof as you claimed you could have just posted that here. I suspect it was just a devious tactic to stifle new information. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, LightAngel said:

LOVE is all we need ;)

Compassion and responsibility are far more valuable 

Love is just dopamine and seratonin 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Yes, this is indeed interesting.

But, please study the new science here.

It's true that it's important that we care most about the present!

But, all Gods want to live forever, so don't judge us because we are looking for the truth here! ;)

In fact, have a little humor :D

17c45a7e93c316308b35d4d105a5cca3.jpg

With all due respect science is the one thing you are avoiding and dancing around

From what I can see it's just been sent to the too hard basket from afterlife proponents 

It seem clear you very much misunderstand science and scientific method 

That much I did learn from your thread

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The people on this thread who claim to want to learn obviously do not. 

No, the more you post the more I see an ugly side to your posting. 

Atamarie Mr Psyche..

Thankyou for the nice long post again.. Was a pleasure as always to read your words...

So thankyou..

The People on this thread have their own Minds and can do as they please.....quite simple..

And..

Kind sir.....you have brought  up my behaviour in your last posts........Snarky...Cranky.. Rude....Now Ugly...

I Do Not Answer to you, or your manipulated words of "How You Think I Should Be Behaving"..I Do me...Always have and Always will..

As You have also...yes?.......Yes!!!

Respect is Given Where it is Due Dear Friend....

Peace to you sir..xx

MauriOra..

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Miss Light Angel...

You Are on Fire Girl...!!!...

I'm loving this Fierceness, ...

Your a Lioness my friend..xx

A sweet loving one,..

With Fire in her Belly.....!!!

Admirable.and Courageous.. xx

Blessings Miss Light Angel..

MauriOra.. xx

Fierceness???? 

She is just being rude to dodge any real debate from what I can see. 

That's like the opposite of fierce. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That much I did learn from your thread

Nope, you aren't capable of understanding this, and your arrogance is just a sign of weakness.

You still didn't study the new science here!

I won't tell you any private things about myself, but I think I know more about science than you do.

I won't reply to you anymore because your attitude is negative and not worth my time!

• Like 4

Just now, psyche101 said:

Fierceness???? 

She is just being rude to dodge any real debate from what I can see. 

That's like the opposite of fierce. 

And..

My Mind.... My Words....My choice....

She Is Fierce.....!!!!!!

She is also a Beautiful loving Soul.....

Maybe you should try feeling a little more for your fellow human family...

Give it a go...

Mo..xx

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Atamarie Mr Psyche..

Thankyou for the nice long post again.. Was a pleasure as always to read your words...

So thankyou..

The People on this thread have their own Minds and can do as they please.....quite simple..

And..

Kind sir.....you have brought  up my behaviour in your last posts........Snarky...Cranky.. Rude....Now Ugly...

I Do Not Answer to you, or your manipulated words of "How You Think I Should Be Behaving"..I Do me...Always have and Always will..

As You have also...yes?.......Yes!!!

Respect is Given Where it is Due Dear Friend....

Peace to you sir..xx

MauriOra..

I offered you respect all you did was offer snide insults. 

I don't believe you are about peace at all if you were, we would be discussing the topic not you ganging up with others to offer rude remarks 

Nobody put a gun to anyones head. I offered cutting edge information and it scared people into insult. You do not have to accept real world information, it is your choice to move with the times or wallow in 11th century thinking. That was always the individuals choice. That you have responded with childish behaviour illustrates that you are here for self validation not to discuss or learn. 

We should all be learning all the time but several of you feel you have answers despite what the best minds on the planet have discovered

And as for lengthy posts, nothing I have posted comes close to some of the long winded posts in light angels thread. But I suspect that's not a problem if the poster happens to support your claims? 

Seem pretty hypocritical to me. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

Nope, you aren't capable of understanding this, and your arrogance is just a sign of weakness.

I not only see through your charade, as pointed out more accomplished people than yourself have already presented these musing as arguments and they were shown to be full of the same old nonsense 

You still didn't study the new science here!

You did not present any science. You regurgitated people regurgitating others. 

Again, moody and Alexander presented the same nonsense for public debate and only illustrated that they are about selling books, not knowledge

I won't tell you any private things about myself, but I think I know more about science than you do.

LOL as the marvelous brilliant and beautiful Emma already pointed out in that thread you do just grasp science or scientific method. You seem to have your own personal dictionary there. 

I won't reply to you anymore because your attitude is negative and not worth my time!

Don't let the door hit you in the butt in the way out. There are plenty here already offended at the presentation if real world knowledge. You can go back to your thread and get offended by the rational smart posters there and insult them when you have no answers like you did in this one 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

That you have responded with childish behaviour...

Seem pretty hypocritical to me. 

Atamarie Sir..

Childish Behaviour Too...

Nice..

You are Hypocritical, and You are Behaving LikeWise...!! honest..

I Don't know who's telling you that your respectful, or what makes you think you are, because Psyche..Your Not..

Maybe our Learned Friend's praises of you have gone to Your Head..

Inflated Ego....not pretty..

I think the Problem here with you is, Your too Forcefull in your Teachings... RIGID..STRICT...DEMANDING...!!

and you have no Flexibility..

Sorry dude, but no one wants to listen to a Bossy Boots who Thinks He Knows It All............because...

YOU DONT..!!!

Peace Sir..xx

MauriOra.. xx

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

And..

My Mind.... My Words....My choice....

Indeed and they have not been painting a picture of a kind loving open person. 

You are as closed minded and fearful of modern discovery as any religious fanatic is. 

She Is Fierce.....!!!!!!

Yeah NAH. 

Because she agrees with 11th century thinking? 

Maybe you should try feeling a little more for your fellow human family...

Give it a go...

Mo..xx

I'm bot here to pretend I'm something I'm not 

How about the rest of you? 

Why don't you give discussion of the topic a go? 

Not like I don't realise all this snarky banter is simply to remove focus from new knowledge being presented that challenges ancient superstition 

Don't fear it is all the advice I can offer 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

And you are very sweet, please stay that way always ;)

I think it's important to learn to ignore nonsense and negativity.

2b63e99574ed186ed5a6eea6dc93e1fd--lol-so

Edited by LightAngel
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Just curious

Do you two use a laptop or a phone to wipe your butt? 

Or do you print out the page read it and then respond? 

I look at your avatar on screen... gives me chuckles.. and i go nuckles :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Not like I don't realise all this snarky banter is simply to remove focus from new knowledge being presented that challenges ancient superstition 

Don't fear it is all the advice I can offer 

Atamarie Sir.. xx

I Fear Nothing, No One, No It and No Thing...

You certainly are way down on the list of Fears...You and Your Words....So Rest Assure..I Will Be Okay....

I'm not trying to Reign on Your Parade, You do You..Speak your Encyclopedia for as long as you want...

You just keep quoting me and ah...I'm Up For It.......

I Like..!!!

MauriOra.. xx

• Like 2

Kia kaha MauriOra, Your doing such a fabulous job dealing with the negativity an side way, Over inflated ego..You must need a science degree these days to be a construction worker huh..

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Love is just dopamine and seratonin 

Just the thing your posts give to me..

Keep posting for more chuckles :)

• Like 2

Phew....

page after page after page after page of  no facts, no proof, no common sense.....no real debate....

.....and Atheism is absurd???   

...heavy sigh....

• Like 3

• The topic was locked