Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is absurd

Illyrius

1 hour ago, MauriOra said:

KiaOraRa..

And you too. 

Thankyou..I get it..

You are most welcome 

Yes I can Relate to what is said here..

Belief systems are not restricted 

I am very Passionate about my Way of Living and My Being..and I know a lot about the Unknown or the Unseen.. No Tangible Physical Evidence, because it is not necessary, when working with Energy...This realm is true..it exists within and without in this Physical Dimension.

I don't have such experiences and do not profess to hold personal knowledge or insights into this area. The sciences are all that have ever shown me no nonsense straight answers and as such I find what we know works better for me than running with things that tend to be more philosophy based. 

I leave door open for discussion and I think I may have lost it like three times here, One I publically apologised for...here on forum..

Good to hear perhaps we can have a fruitful benign discussion about what we are both aware of and how we find these aspects valid in everyday life? 

So far offering a science based view has been met by the more religiously orientated with disdain and fear. 

If we are not willing and open for other experiences, knowledge, outside of our own comfort zones....

That should also apply to the cutting edge of our learnings to I would think? 

We learn nothing and there is no Growth...

I'm all about learning and am only representing the cutting edge of understanding 

I have had quite a journey through faiths and all left me wanting 

Peace to you and yours.. xx

Mo..xx

And to you too. 

All the best as I would normally say 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, joc said:

In the first place...Conversate...is not a word....only in the urban 'slang' dictionary.  The word is Conversation...we are not Conversating...we are having a Conversation...or  Conversing.

But that is beside the point.  Exchanging ideas...being respectful.   He was exchanging ideas.  You just didn't/don't want to hear them...and if someone doesn't agree with your thought process...which is rather difficult to understand in the first place...you are the one that is disrespectful.  You seriously need to grow up man!  You think Psyche is 'showing off' to his friends...did it ever occur to you that maybe those of us who like and respect him do so because of his intelligent thought process to begin with?     Psyche is all that!  ...and a bag of chips!

The only one who has been rude here is you.   Just remember...you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose...but you can't pick your friends nose.

Indeed, that is a good way to describe Psyche he is well educated and versed in debate. I think he is incredibly fair too! He has posting swag. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I think he is incredibly fair too!

:tu:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

And you too. 

You are most welcome 

Belief systems are not restricted 

I don't have such experiences and do not profess to hold personal knowledge or insights into this area. The sciences are all that have ever shown me no nonsense straight answers and as such I find what we know works better for me than running with things that tend to be more philosophy based. 

Good to hear perhaps we can have a fruitful benign discussion about what we are both aware of and how we find these aspects valid in everyday life? 

So far offering a science based view has been met by the more religiously orientated with disdain and fear. 

That should also apply to the cutting edge of our learnings to I would think? 

I'm all about learning and am only representing the cutting edge of understanding 

I have had quite a journey through faiths and all left me wanting 

And to you too. 

All the best as I would normally say 

KiaOraRa

Thankyou again..

Depends on the Observers Perspectives which derive from their Environment and Upbringing..

Thankyou for Acknowledging you Do Not Know of such things I speak of .And...I am Happy to know Science and Philosophy work for you...Nice..!!

I Hope to too..I am always Learning..So .....yes...

Ok...

It Does...

Thats Awesome..Your Doing a fine job...well done ..!!

Great..!!! Thirst of Curiosity and Learning.... I Like..!!!!

And to you again ....

Peace to you and yours..xx

Mo..xx

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Indeed, that is a good way to describe Psyche he is well educated and versed in debate. I think he is incredibly fair too! He has posting swag. 

A challenge is not always a war. 

Infact in New Zealand it is a traditional greeting.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

I love this!!!

Kismet!!!!!:wub:how are you doing. Great to see you posting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I Bow to You my Friend...

These words are Truth...

Kia Kaha Kia Manawanui..

Be Strong, and have Courage in Heart..

Respect to You...Kismit...

Arohanuikiakoe...

*******_

MauriOra... xx

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I love this!!!

Kismet!!!!!:wub:how are you doing. Great to see you posting. 

Very well thank you Sherapy. Lots of time with my Grandbabies, aka tamariki. And lots of work but I check in two or three times a day. 

There is lot less posting and a lot more reading when you Moderate so I don't participate as much as I would like.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MauriOra said:

I Bow to You my Friend...

These words are Truth...

Kia Kaha Kia Manawanui..

Be Strong, and have Courage in Heart..

Respect to You...Kismit...

Arohanuikiakoe...

*******_

MauriOra... xx

Thank you, this is very sweet.

• Like 4

Just now, Kismit said:

Thank you, this is very sweet.

You Are Most Welcome...

I Love knowing you are from these Beautiful Lands...

Be Beautiful Always..

Be Strong and Firm like Our Ancient Guardian ....

The Totara Tree....

Head up..xx..

Smile.....

My Love to You and Yours...

MauriOra...xx

• Like 3

Hi Kismit,. Awesome Avatar...Love it...

Edited by Hre2breal
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Argon said:

Yea. Just as i thought.

With all due respect here that seems to be your biggest bugbear 

Keep on rocking in a free world :)

More so than you know. I'm a reasonably accomplished guitar player as well 

I found our when young that showing allegiance to one thing only stops one from experiencing many worthy pursuits while some of my friends drove fast cars and hated surfers, I found both pursuits to be exhilarating and decided I would not shut any doors on myself 

Its worth trying. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

. I'm a reasonably accomplished guitar player as well 

Its worth trying. 

Lol..

No, You do not seem to me..to be the "Door shutting type" ...

And that is Awesome as..!!!

I am a Beautiful singer, ManuTiorori, we say in my language...

Singing Bird...

I would looovve to Play the Guitar..really would.....

So.... thanks to your words of....

Its worth trying..!!!.

Which means,  give it a go.....I'm gonna open up a door......to my world of............... possibilities....

Its definitely worth trying..!!!

I Agree...

And..Thanks..!!!...

Mo..xx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hre2breal said:

Be honest you say mate

Yes I have said that to you but you don't seem to be picking up what I'm putting down 

....your talking a load of crap here..straight up..

Again you make such accusations 

I have asked you to prove such an example but remain awaiting your reply. As such I do think its just sour grapes on your part 

Our first indifference was the poor little mouse dude remember..I said it could be anything on the video...You said ...No it cannot be..That was where things started going south cos I challenged you dude ...

You did nit challenge me as it is not my experiment 

It cannot just be anything and I have no idea why you would say that but I suspect it is just your adversarial nature when something is presented that honestly and openly challenges your belief system. I explained to you this is what we were looking for. As I stated when I posted that video, we have known for some time that memories are stored in neurons. It was not done chance happening that somebody filmed and called a memory, we knew this is what theory told us would happen, so we looked and we found what we were looking for confirming our theories. Like the process that brought us to find the Higgs Bosun. 

You did not challenge me at all. What you actually did was question the findings of one of the leading teams studying brain chemistry in the cutting edge of discovery. 

With all due respect, I do not see your disbelief as any sort of challenge to the great minds paving these roads 

You were rude an disrespectful by insulting my intelligence an beliefs..

Again you make these accusations. Sorry I don't think I halve Ben rude and apologised in advance already if I was. 

What I am noticing more here is that I have repeatedly asked you for an example if rudeness but you have not posted one. I do not see how I am to conclude other than you are just mad that we have more knowledge than you realised and took offence to that information soundly resolving the more fanciful aspects of your belief system. 

I aint going to carry this on...

Lol that's all you have been doing. You are adverse to discussing the subject at hand. 

Gosh you are a funny poster!!! 

I know how I felt an thats all there is to that..say what ever you like psyche...

Everyone sees how you feel 

And I personally find it rather unbecoming 

If you cannot discuss a subject without resorting to insult as an answer you should not discuss it. Perhaps the religious beliefs section is more your pace rather than religion vs skepticism? 

Like I said I dont carry grudges.

That is all you have done since I offered a working understanding of how our bodies work and why there is no good reason to believe the superstition of life after death has any merit 

Its a position of faith. From a scientific standpoint life after death is merely a fairy tale. That's just how things are despite what either you or I think 

.Im here for the knowledge an I meant it..

With all due respect you are illustrating the exact opposite of that

This tit for tat crap is immature an Im done...

Its a discussion form

That's how discussion works. You offer your view, I offer mine, then we place what evidences we can to see which argument has more merit. 

Later fella...hope we can be respectful from here on..

I sure hope so. You can believe what you will but as I mentioned earlier I don't work with belief I'm only interested in what facts we can share 

Beliefs are dime a dozen they don't impress me at all anyone can make up stuff and have people blindly believe. Happens all the time. Proving something can take decades of hard work or longer and can be repeated in demand. That I can respect. 

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Beliefs are dime a dozen they don't impress me at all anyone can make up stuff and have people blindly believe.

For example - you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

Thank you again lovely Sheri you truly are a gem 

I do try to be fair and always honest, otherwise in is just cheating themselves 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Argon said:

For example - you.

Lol.!!!

Dude...Funny...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

For example - you.

You are just lashing out when you have nothing else. I back my claims and you can follow them and learn just like I do 

If you dare challenge ingrained superstition that is 

Edited by psyche101

Just now, psyche101 said:

I back my claims

What claims?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yes I have said that to you but you don't seem to be picking up what I'm putting down 

Again you make such accusations 

I have asked you to prove such an example but remain awaiting your reply. As such I do think its just sour grapes on your part 

You did nit challenge me as it is not my experiment 

It cannot just be anything and I have no idea why you would say that but I suspect it is just your adversarial nature when something is presented that honestly and openly challenges your belief system. I explained to you this is what we were looking for. As I stated when I posted that video, we have known for some time that memories are stored in neurons. It was not done chance happening that somebody filmed and called a memory, we knew this is what theory told us would happen, so we looked and we found what we were looking for confirming our theories. Like the process that brought us to find the Higgs Bosun. 

You did not challenge me at all. What you actually did was question the findings of one of the leading teams studying brain chemistry in the cutting edge of discovery. 

With all due respect, I do not see your disbelief as any sort of challenge to the great minds paving these roads 

Again you make these accusations. Sorry I don't think I halve Ben rude and apologised in advance already if I was. 

What I am noticing more here is that I have repeatedly asked you for an example if rudeness but you have not posted one. I do not see how I am to conclude other than you are just mad that we have more knowledge than you realised and took offence to that information soundly resolving the more fanciful aspects of your belief system. 

Lol that's all you have been doing. You are adverse to discussing the subject at hand. 

Gosh you are a funny poster!!! 

Everyone sees how you feel 

And I personally find it rather unbecoming 

If you cannot discuss a subject without resorting to insult as an answer you should not discuss it. Perhaps the religious beliefs section is more your pace rather than religion vs skepticism? 

That is all you have done since I offered a working understanding of how our bodies work and why there is no good reason to believe the superstition of life after death has any merit 

Its a position of faith. From a scientific standpoint life after death is merely a fairy tale. That's just how things are despite what either you or I think 

With all due respect you are illustrating the exact opposite of that

Its a discussion form

That's how discussion works. You offer your view, I offer mine, then we place what evidences we can to see which argument has more merit. 

I sure hope so. You can believe what you will but as I mentioned earlier I don't work with belief I'm only interested in what facts we can share 

Beliefs are dime a dozen they don't impress me at all anyone can make up stuff and have people blindly believe. Happens all the time. Proving something can take decades of hard work or longer and can be repeated in demand. That I can respect. 

Bro Shut Up with blah blah blah im done ...you are boring man ...move on already..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

From a scientific standpoint life after death is merely a fairy tale

. That's just how things are despite what either you or I think 

Ok..

Your words..

From a Scientific Standpoint..

And this is Also Your BELIEF.. your BELIEF from a Scientific Standpoint....Yes.?....No..?

You say you have No Beliefs..

Despite what You or Your Scientific Standpoint "Think" ....

Life After Death exists because We are Physical And Energy..The Physical Dies or rots, But Energy Never Dies...

And yes its Quite Like A Fairy Tale..

Full of Symbolism and Power and Wonder and Magic....

A Doors Open, Your Invited.

If you want...

If not...kei te pai ehoa..

Peace to you Sir..

Mo..xx

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

What claims?

That science hold the answers to which man has guessed and hope at for thousands of years

The hard answers don't come easy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

That science hold the answers to which man has guessed and hope at for thousands of years

The hard answers don't come easy

This is a first reasonable post from you that makes any sense. I agree that science answered alot of questions, and i also agree that hard answers don't come easy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Ok..

Your words..

From a Scientific Standpoint..

And this is Also Your BELIEF.. your BELIEF from a Scientific Standpoint....Yes.?....No..?

You say you have No Beliefs..

No I don't have any want or use for belief  I was brought up in such an environment and all it did was cause me pain and forced more questions 

I don't think beliefs are a sound conclusion, I feel belief exist to ptompt us the hard questions and push us to know instead if guess 

Despite what You or Your Scientific Standpoint "Think" ....

Life After Death exists because We are Physical And Energy..The Physical Dies or rots, But Energy Never Dies...

Energy is converted. We can account for the energy we generate and we can account for where it goes. There is simply no need to maintain old superstitions in the face of modern discovery 

To me belief seems a way of avoiding the hard work that leads to real answrs

Sorry to burst your bubble but I can tell you how the energy got into your body and where it will go when you die, and it can be measured and verified. There is no afterlife. 

And yes its Quite Like A Fairy Tale..

That is all a belief is. 

Full of Symbolism and Power and Wonder and Magic....

A Doors Open, Your Invited.

If you want...

If not...kei te pai ehoa..

Peace to you Sir..

Mo..xx

Same applies to you. The doors that the like of Sean Carroll open take you to places you won't have dreamed of. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

This is a first reasonable post from you that makes any sense. I agree that science answered alot of questions, and i also agree that hard answers don't come easy.

Them why do you take offense to that which the best minds on the planet can tell us? 

• The topic was locked