Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hospital Baffled After Patient 'Teleports'

rashore

Staff at the Stellenbosch Hospital in Cape Town, South Africa have been rattled by an unexplained mystery seemingly torn right from the pages of an X-Files script. It began earlier this month when a 61-year-old man was admitted to a separate hospital, the Paarl Hospital, for an undisclosed abdominal surgery. After the operation, the man was moved to the Stellenbosch Hospital for recovery. A nurse checked on the man on October 5th, then left the room to fetch clean linens. That’s when things got weird.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/10/hospital-left-baffled-after-patient-teleports-into-ceiling/

• Like 6

Even if the explanation is completely earthly ... that is still very weird.

Was big news here. Still no resolutions

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

Was big news here. Still no resolutions

Maybe Aliens abducted him.:lol: You never know.lol!

• Like 1

Did he have any enemies?  We seem to be missing vital info.

Edited by sees
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Hospital Baffled After Patient 'Teleports'
11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Breaking News. Man refuses to pay bill. Hides in ceiling for almost 2 weeks. 

LOL, that's true?

Sounds like someone offed him and stuffed him up there to hide the evidence.

• Like 1

What an odd occurrence. I think there might be a clue in the building works being carried out. Anyone have any more info on this? Other local reports etc?

Weird story. Who knows what happened normal or paranormal. I would like to see someone do a detailed investigation and consideration of all the possibilities but as things often go, this teaser article is all we will probably learn about it.

If UM agrees to fund me for an investigation, I would go there and do a thorough investigation of all the possibilities and issue a report.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:49 AM, I'mConvinced said:

What an odd occurrence. I think there might be a clue in the building works being carried out. Anyone have any more info on this? Other local reports etc?

That was my thought also. People do some weird things when they start to wake up from surgical anesthetics, often feeling paranoid and frightened. I bet he climbed up some scaffolding and hid behind the ceiling panels, and the scaffolding was later moved by the construction workers. 

"Teleportation"  wouldn't be my first thought on how he got there.   Poor guy,whatever happened.

• Like 1

The mob works in mysterious ways.

I don't understand. We have mention of a post operative patient disappearing, no details as to the area he was found, what the access to that area was, no details of his condition as assessed by the nurse imediately before, no mention of the location he disappeared from, and this is supposed to be mysterious? Maybe it would be with a few more details.

Ya oldrover ,or maybe it wouldn't be mysterious at all if more details were included, and that's why details were left out?

I have owned dogs like that. Blink and they're gone.

7 hours ago, taniwha said:

I have owned dogs like that. Blink and they're gone.

I bet my money disappears faster than your dogs.

• Like 2