Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saskatchewan farmer finds house in his field

UM-Bot

I would of hooked the 644 to it and brought it into the big barn. Possession is 9/10ths.......

• Like 5

Joys of living in the country, you never no what you're going to find. I'm glad the guy was cool about it.  The women who it belonged to was really happy to get it home, so to speak. 

• Like 3

Heh.. reminds me of the time I lost a greenhouse. After checking around the pond for it, saw the neighbor. I asked him if he had seen my greenhouse around the back anywhere- and he asked me "Why, you lose one?". It was quite casual, like asking if he had seen a lost dog or something, lol. Did end up finding in on the other side of the back property. Wasn't too badly damaged, but I do need to replace a support pole.

• Like 3

Nah. The greenhouse is clear, so I could see through it and there were no witches hiding there. Tis a shame, I could have used a pair of magic shoes.

• Like 7

Yeah, those ruby slippers would be really useful... would cut back on car mileage and travel expenses *tap* *tap* *tap* 'there's no place like home'.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Yeah, those ruby slippers would be really useful... would cut back on car mileage and travel expenses *tap* *tap* *tap* 'there's no place like home'.

Just sayin.. I'd rather have the Silver Shoes. The Ruby Slippers only get you home with three taps- but how you gonna get to where you want to go in the first place? Silver Shoes gets you anywhere in three steps.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, godnodog said:

I wonder where 5 star beach resort ended? Oh I miss it so much

If you had read the article...

The house was temporarily parked, unknown to the farmer. Highway repairs didn't allow the house to go to it's home. And in the article, it also explains where the house went.

It was a bit of a cheek to just leave the house in his field without asking permission first, and the farmer was a good sport to not mind. I'm glad it all ended well with no harm done and no bad feelings.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, geraldnewfie said:

the house is now on his property, i would be claiming that mine. Aint my fault the company parked it there without consent

He could charge rent for the use of the land, but take the house I don't think a court would go along with that.  You can't always see the farm house that goes with the land.  There was no crop on the land, nothing was damaged. Obviously, it wasn't practical to drag the thing back from whence it came. The farmer did the right thing,  took it with good humor and got his name in the paper as a nice guy.  That is worth 10 houses.   I'm sure the farmer knows what it like to work hard for something like a house.  

• Like 3

On 04/11/2017 at 3:15 AM, UM-Bot said:

Patrick Maze was shocked to discover that an entire house had appeared on his property overnight.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/313043/saskatchewan-farmer-finds-house-in-his-field

Please tell me that Patrick Maze is a corn (aka maize) farmer.

12 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hate to tell ya... Mr. Maze rents that field out to another farmer.

Love the farmers name...Mr Maze, he should have stuck an 'i' in it.

As for the house..i see mobile homes transported often, we got 3 mobile home parks in my area, but they sort their paperwork out before they set off as have never seen any planted in a field.

The driver is lucky he got away with this, he did not have the documentation to plot it down in the farmers field...either. 

On 11/3/2017 at 9:11 PM, rashore said:

If you had read the article...

The house was temporarily parked, unknown to the farmer. Highway repairs didn't allow the house to go to it's home. And in the article, it also explains where the house went.

So where did my 5 star beach resort went? Cause the article didn´t mention it and neither did you :|

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, rashore said:

Just sayin.. I'd rather have the Silver Shoes. The Ruby Slippers only get you home with three taps- but how you gonna get to where you want to go in the first place? Silver Shoes gets you anywhere in three steps.

So Kansas is your home?  I think the slippers were hard wired.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:48 AM, freetoroam said:

Love the farmers name...Mr Maze, he should have stuck an 'i' in it.

As for the house..i see mobile homes transported often, we got 3 mobile home parks in my area, but they sort their paperwork out before they set off as have never seen any planted in a field.

The driver is lucky he got away with this, he did not have the documentation to plot it down in the farmers field...either. 

Just thought of this, most pre-fab homes are transported in 2 pieces as not to use two lanes of a highway with a wide load truck in front and sometimes in the back as well.  Kind of berserk if the trucker was by himself.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:59 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I went to a corn maze last week.   I go each year with my daughters.   i ruined it this year.   I used my phone and the app Map My Hike.   I made it too easy.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2017 at 11:48 AM, Piney said:

I would of hooked the 644 to it and brought it into the big barn. Possession is 9/10ths.......

Just to add...

The adage "possession is 9/10ths of the Law" has NOT been true for a very long time.

It needs to get OUT of people's heads and was likely due to early drug and contraband transfer.

Today, possession means just so much, and ownership means a whole lot more.

I have private property, and if someone mistakenly parks a home on my property... I have zero legal ownership.

I can not just go claim that item, unless it is legally "abandoned" on my property.

In all cases I need to contact the authorities and have them settle the issue.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Just to add...

The adage "possession is 9/10ths of the Law" has NOT been true for a very long time.

It needs to get OUT of people's heads and was likely due to early drug and contraband transfer.

Today, possession means just so much, and ownership means a whole lot more.

I have private property, and if someone mistakenly parks a home on my property... I have zero legal ownership.

I can not just go claim that item, unless it is legally "abandoned" on my property.

In all cases I need to contact the authorities and have them settle the issue.

I know. Shore goers with their campers or boats break down here all the time. I was being "funny".....

• Like 1