Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rand Paul assaulted at his Kentucky home

The Caspian Hare

In the first 3 minutes of this video, his Dad Ron Paul talks a bit about it and says the attack was......
"strange and not a normal thing"....

I wonder if there were any witnesses or CCTV coverage...? Don't places like that usually have surveillance for security..?

video description...

Outspoken libertarian, doctor and former US congressman Ron Paul joins RT's Larry King for a wide-ranging interview after his son, Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky), was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after being brutalized by a neighbor.

( one of the comments underneath is poignant when considering the stick RT gets and that it has been declared a foreign
agent -- and Internet Mind Controllers like Google want to tamper with it's appearance on it's server -- )

......'So these are the Russian trolls? Larry King and Ron Paul?'.......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Depends on what she means by "favorite videos"? It does seem she means that she thinks it extremely funny that Sen Paul got six broken ribs. 

Broken ribs are NOT funny.

• Like 1

On 23/11/2017 at 1:27 AM, preacherman76 said:

I’ll get cha the info on his left wing lunacy tomorrow as I don’t have a lot of time right now. 

I honestly mean no offense saying this to you, but you have no idea what you are talking about. I have two boys in jujitsu, and watch kids and grown men slam each other on to the ground for two hours, 3 to 4 Times a week. I took it myself for 5 years when I was a younger man. You don’t get anymore brutal with tackles then in jujitsu. I have never even come close to seeing anyone get one broken rib, let alone 5. 

Paul suffered a brutal attack. The man must have been trying to kill him. No other way about it.

re bolded above--- it really does make you wonder --

The severity of the attack is discussed in this video clip and that the charges are strangely lenient --

one of the comments below the video ----

"This was an assassination attempt. Does anyone understand why assassins attempt to break your ribs? To puncture your heart and organs and kill you. Tackling someone does not break your ribs. If that were the case, everyone in the NFL would have broken ribs. Someone tried to kill Rand Paul. I would assume he's figured that out and that's why he's downplaying this to the world."

Rand Paul vs Neighbor. Huh? More on That Story with Judge Nap!

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bee said:

Rand Paul vs Neighbor. Huh? More on That Story with Judge Nap!

Well, as much as I like FOX News... Judge Nap can often be just shy of stealing stuff from Alex Jones.

As much as he can give good political advice and analysis, they sometime seem like they keep him around to dream up "maybe... what if" situations where the Left is the boogie man.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 11:18 PM, AnchorSteam said:

I wonder how many Democrat Senators mow their own lawns.... probably afraid they would be called Rednecks if they even thought about it.

Take a deep breath Anchor.  Republicans are not known for mowing their own lawns or being friends of the common people, Democrats are sometimes rednecks. .  Rand is a Libertarian.  I think his positions are not in lockstep with President Trump's.  So far all of the facts are not published.  There may be more to this long standing dispute than politics.

24 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Well, as much as I like FOX News... Judge Nap can often be just shy of stealing stuff from Alex Jones.

As much as he can give good political advice and analysis, they sometime seem like they keep him around to dream up "maybe... what if" situations where the Left is the boogie man.

I'm curious --- what EXACTLY did Judge Nap say in that interview to make you say the above..... ?

For you to '''' cast aspersions'''' like that - ?

I heard about this story weeks ago. Wasn't Paul Rand in the habit of putting his clippings in his neighbors yard?

I don't think this is politics, unless you are talking neighborhood diplomacy. 

Here is an interesting article on the subject.

Link

2 hours ago, bee said:

I'm curious --- what EXACTLY did Judge Nap say in that interview to make you say the above..... ?

For you to '''' cast aspersions'''' like that - ?

I did say that usually he is good for advice and analysis. And I meant my comment in a Generic way. He often is very supportive of various unevidenced Conspiracy Theories. Just as Glenn Beck sometime is. And Michael Savage. And Mark Levin. They all will pull out a convenient CT once in a while to get ratings and viewers/listeners.

He didn't say anything over the top in this video, but what I guess I should have stated was that due to his having a history of... exaggerating... or, perhaps... expressing opinions, on various Conspiracy Theories that could be seen as endorsements of those CTs... that what he says should go through a filter. How fine a filter is left to each individual I suppose.

Edited by DieChecker

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

I heard about this story weeks ago. Wasn't Paul Rand in the habit of putting his clippings in his neighbors yard?

I don't think this is politics, unless you are talking neighborhood diplomacy. 

Here is an interesting article on the subject.

Link

From what I read was that Rand would cut his grass and then rake up the grass after, but leave trace amounts on his neighbors yard, since the mower would blow some over the property line, and he wasn't going to go over onto his neighbors land to get it back. This POed the neighbor whenever Rand would cut the grass. The neighbor wanted the grass cut professionally, so it would be bagged up and carried away and Rand's grass would match his own. Neighbor was a puffed up, self important jackass if you ask me.

• Like 2

Here's a thought: If the attack was politically motivated verses it being 'grass clipping' motivated, is there a difference legally? I'm not sure about the answer to this, but if it's somehow worse to have attacked Mr Paul for politics (vs flora) then just maybe the attacker isn't telling the truth? Also, just maybe the motive was a combination of both politics and flora?

• Like 1

About the broken ribs, Paul is 54, if he's not careful with his nutrition, he could well be affected by osteoporosis. One of my aunt in her fifties broke her wrist with a simple fall while skating, No one in their 20s would have broke their wrist for that kind of fall. She was diagnosed with osteoporosis. So, saying football players don't get their ribs broken, so the assault must have been extremely violent is misleading. These 20s or 30s well feed young athletes are not comparable to a mostly pen pusher man in his 50s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gingitsune said:

About the broken ribs, Paul is 54, if he's not careful with his nutrition, he could well be affected by osteoporosis.

Maybe, but as a well to do male, I think it is unlikely he has soft, and/or brittle, bones.

It could be a sign though, and he probably should get checked out, if he hasn't already. 

On 26/11/2017 at 10:18 AM, DieChecker said:

I did say that usually he is good for advice and analysis. And I meant my comment in a Generic way. He often is very supportive of various unevidenced Conspiracy Theories. Just as Glenn Beck sometime is. And Michael Savage. And Mark Levin. They all will pull out a convenient CT once in a while to get ratings and viewers/listeners.

He didn't say anything over the top in this video, but what I guess I should have stated was that due to his having a history of... exaggerating... or, perhaps... expressing opinions, on various Conspiracy Theories that could be seen as endorsements of those CTs... that what he says should go through a filter. How fine a filter is left to each individual I suppose.

Bit of a free thinker then is he.. Judge Nap... ? :) 

re bolded -- ok thanks... I was puzzled by your response because I didn't think he said anything in the video that warranted it -

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

even CNN isn't pushing the 'just a neighbours dispute' angle too hard (for some reason ) :huh:

saying the mystery deepens and quoting Rand's wife Kelley saying --

"It is incredibly hurtful that some news outlets have victimized Rand a second time as he struggles to recover, delighting in hateful headlines like "Not A Perfect Neighbor," and concocting theories about an 'ongoing dispute,' based on nothing more than speculation from an attention-seeking person with no knowledge of anything to do with us...

...The only "dispute" existed solely in the attacker's troubled mind, until, on a beautiful autumn day, he ran down the hill on our property and slammed his body into Rand's lower back as he stood facing away, wearing noise canceling headphones to protect his ears from the lawnmower."
Edited by bee
  • Like 1

And what's with Rene Boucher pleading 'not guilty'..... i read that because of that it will go to a court case
and details be made public -

how can he plead not guilty when it seems to be an open and shut case - ?

unless he's trying to call '''someone's''''  bluff' so that the case gets dropped.?.. because all is not as it seems -
and he has some leverage..

or if there weren't any actual witnesses or CCTV he might say it wasn't him.. ?

could he be hoping to get off on a technicality maybe - but the case is so high profile surely he won't get off completely - 

In Britain pleading not guilty and then being found guilty can mean a longer sentence  because of the lying and
lack of remorse -

In the U.S. the presumption is "innocent until proven guilty". People most often plead "not guilty" to any and all cases on the advice of their lawyers. The onus is on the prosecution to prove guilt. Sometimes, even in the case of the guilty, it's difficult to prove in a court of law. There is no extra penalty, that I know of, for lieing about it.

Something else we need to keep in mind, is there a significant size difference between these two men? If the attacker was larger and heavier than Mr Paul that could speak volumes to the nature of Mr Paul's injuries. My son is about 6' 4" 260 lbs...were he to jump someone 5' 9" 170...see what I mean.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2017 at 9:31 AM, DieChecker said:

Maybe, but as a well to do male, I think it is unlikely he has soft, and/or brittle, bones.

It could be a sign though, and he probably should get checked out, if he hasn't already. 

Let's keep it in perspective (not directed at you). He's 54, not 84. He's not like he was when he was 18, but he's not a feeble and frail old man who needs a cane to walk. I hope that his dad has a good lawn service. 

• Like 2

On 11/28/2017 at 4:06 PM, Paranormal Panther said:

Let's keep it in perspective (not directed at you). He's 54, not 84. He's not like he was when he was 18, but he's not a feeble and frail old man who needs a cane to walk. I hope that his dad has a good lawn service. 

Yeah. I'm 49 so I can identify. I still have two kids at home and they leap on me from the couch all the time. Unless Rand has some kind of secret ailment, I think the chance of some kind of bone problem is exceedingly unlikely.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 4:51 AM, bee said:

how can he plead not guilty when it seems to be an open and shut case - ?

us prison cartel, aka injustice system, can acquit murderers that everyone knows committed murder, see oj simpson case.

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Yeah. I'm 49 so I can identify. I still have two kids at home and they leap on me from the couch all the time. Unless Rand has some kind of secret ailment, I think the chance of some kind of bone problem is exceedingly unlikely.

it does not take much to crack even brake ribs, even of a young healthy person, especially if one falls on a rock or something hard, like piece of a tree branch, and Paul does not seem like athletic type of guy.  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 11:46 PM, DieChecker said:

Depends on what she means by "favorite videos"? It does seem she means that she thinks it extremely funny that Sen Paul got six broken ribs. 

Broken ribs are NOT funny.

The way some members of the "opposition" have been making light of this is gross, quite frankly. A Republican getting assaulted is not a "win" for Democrats. Neither is a Republican being shot on a baseball diamond. It's not a "win" for anybody.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

In her/his defense, maybe the person, who said that, is still in high school. They probably think that I'm elderly at 43.

• Like 3

I had broken ribs at 21 from a car accident. I couldn't take a complete, deep breath for weeks.

Fun fact: I had a perfect imprint of a steering wheel on my chest.

• Like 2