Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudis Intercept Ballistic Missile

susieice

Saudi Arabian forces intercepted a ballistic missile fired by rebels in Yemen that was headed towards King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh. There were no casualties in the incident. 

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/11/04/saudi-arabian-forces-intercept-missile-launched-from-yemen-reports-say.html

• Like 2

According to this lengthy but informative link from CNN, Yemeni rebels have promised this is just the beginning. They are entering a new phase. This is the first time Saudi Arabia's capital city has been targeted. Sounds like this is going to get worse. And, of course, Saudi Arabia is blaming Iran for supporting these rebels.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/04/middleeast/saudi-arabia-ballistic-missile/index.html

• Like 1

We as a nation should collectively say I DONT GIVE A **** , all at the same time, and maybe we'll get lucky and no more damn money will be spent in that part of the world fighting battles we have no damn business fighting. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

We as a nation should collectively say I DONT GIVE A **** , all at the same time, and maybe we'll get lucky and no more damn money will be spent in that part of the world fighting battles we have no damn business fighting. 

Any possibility of the U.S. ever washing our hands of that region ended on the day Israel became a nuclear weapons state.  Not because of any threat that Israel poses to their neighbors, but because if left to fend for herself against multiple nations that want her demise, we cannot just let things run their course without a regional nuclear war.

• Like 5

Just now, and then said:

Any possibility of the U.S. ever washing our hands of that region ended on the day Israel became a nuclear weapons state.  Not because of any threat that Israel poses to their neighbors, but because if left to fend for herself against multiple nations that want her demise, we cannot just let things run their course without a regional nuclear war.

Youre right....I disagree with that thought process but I am sure thats a part of the rationale. 

• Like 2

The problem is that 'not giving a crap' about certain things going on in other places quite often comes back to bite one in the rear (very badly no less). I suggest looking at the history leading up to World War II to see this in action. That said, I'm for far more minding of our own business, but when something actually does become our business then a stand should be taken. Capitulation to those who desire to destroy and dominate never works. Countries like North Korea and Iran aren't likely to 'be good' just because others give in to their demands.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lilly said:

The problem is that 'not giving a crap' about certain things going on in other places quite often comes back to bite one in the rear (very badly no less). I suggest looking at the history leading up to World War II to see this in action. That said, I'm for far more minding of our own business, but when something actually does become our business then a stand should be taken. Capitulation to those who desire to destroy and dominate never works. Countries like North Korea and Iran aren't likely to 'be good' just because others give in to their demands.

The U.S., IMO, WILL go to war with one or both of those nations.  We can either do it at a time and place to our advantage, or theirs.  Waiting will only make the costs rise.

2 hours ago, and then said:

The U.S., IMO, WILL go to war with one or both of those nations.  We can either do it at a time and place to our advantage, or theirs.  Waiting will only make the costs rise.

This may sound harsh but if we are forced to defend ourselves we should strike out with overwhelming force.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

This may sound harsh but if we are forced to defend ourselves we should strike out with overwhelming force.

I agree wholeheartedly. The issue our nation has seems to be in the definition of "forced to defend ourselves". 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 4:45 AM, Farmer77 said:

Its going to affect you regardless, oil prices, food prices etc even if your not direcetly involved

The Bad guys have to be carefully watched or they will take advantage , and I can't see Russia or China getting involved so its up to Us

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Its going to affect you regardless, oil prices, food prices etc even if your not direcetly involved

Maybe, maybe not if we dont get (more)  involved..

If we get involved it will definitely cost us riches, most likely some of our soul and of course eventually American lives. 

Edited by Farmer77

They bomb Yemen for so long, murder their civilians and destroy infrastructure... Then, when one rocket almost did the same as they do for long time now, it is a problem and we all should maybe internationally show our support for Saudi Arabia. Should i go wear t-shirt with thingy like #istandwithsaudi?

The amount of attention given by medias to this 'close call' when compared to daily struggle of people in Yemen is alarming. 

But, seeing the timing i would not disregard some sort of false flag here, even tho the so called 'responsibility' for the attack was taken by Houti. Why? This comes in mid of Lebanese prime minister resignation ( which he announced on Saudi Arabia TV - the talk wasn't even broadcast on prime minister owned TV in Lebanon ) and massive 'reorganization' of power in Saudi Arabia as many articles state ( even two princes died in under 24h ) and Iran is being accused of act of war against Saudi Arabia.

External enemy tactic seems to be becoming an major tool in hands of ruling elites of Saudi Arabia too. I recommend speech by Hassan Nasrallah where he covers resignation of Lebanese official and current 'crisis'. Not to mention that much of Arab world is respectful of Nasrallah as he is always true to his words. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 6:37 AM, and then said:

Will the answer to the question of '' why do multiple nations want her demise? '' ever be properly answered?

• Like 1

That goes back waaay waaaaaaay back beyond a long time ago ...

~

The experiment with the opulence and power of the great eastern kingdoms had ended in disaster for Israel. King Solomon created the wealthiest and most powerful central government the Hebrews would ever see, but he did so at an impossibly high cost. Land was given away to pay for his extravagances and people were sent into forced labor into Tyre in the north. When Solomon died, between 926 and 922 BCE, the ten northern tribes refused to submit to his son, Rehoboam, and revolted.

From this point on, there would be two kingdoms of Hebrews: in the north - Israel, and in the south - Judah. The Israelites formed their capital in the city of Samaria, and the Judaeans kept their capital in Jerusalem. These kingdoms remained separate states for over two hundred years.

~

• jewish virtual library link

~

• Like 1

Seems the Saudis are blaming Iran now:

Saudis accuse Iran of 'direct aggression' over Yemen missile

"Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has accused Iran of an act of "direct military aggression" by supplying missiles to rebels in Yemen.

This "may be considered an act of war", state media quoted the prince as telling UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson in a telephone conversation."

1 hour ago, LV-426 said:

"Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has accused Iran of an act of "direct military aggression" by supplying missiles to rebels in Yemen.

This "may be considered an act of war", state media quoted the prince as telling UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson in a telephone conversation."

Yeah. Apparently now you can just attack the people who make bombs instead of those who use them. By that logic, around half the world has a legitimate right to attack the US, France, Britain, China, Russia and Germany :lol:

The Saudis might think they have a chance against Iran, but the casualty list from the war with Yemen shows that their military is basically a bunch of donkeys who can only kill defenceless civilians. Don't get me wrong though, they'll have a better chance than they did before the plan in Syria was carried out. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Iran would mop the floor with Saudi Arabia. They are incapable of doing anything but begging the US to bail them out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Russian Hare said:

Iran would mop the floor with Saudi Arabia. They are incapable of doing anything but begging the US to bail them out.

Yeah, this war with Yemen does seem to show a lack of military might from SA. They're overwhelming military force, fighting what are pretty badly trained soldiers but have been largely embarrassed.

• Like 1

It is funny accusation against Iran, Saudis do not remember how did it play out when they, along with majority of western world, supported Sadam against Iran. Iran still stands, Sadam is gone.

If one lesson could be learned from it it is that Saudis will be pawn in the game against Iran, as Sadam was back in his time when he was Western favorite. 

What's even more funny is report from Israel Channel 10 news about instructions from Israel to it's diplomats ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, this war with Yemen does seem to show a lack of military might from SA. They're overwhelming military force, fighting what are pretty badly trained soldiers but have been largely embarrassed.

I might be wrong but terrain in Yemen seems to be something like Afghanistan in some areas. It makes it very hard to fight even with air support in such areas.

When Iran is concerned, that country is almost completely mountainous which makes it strategically even harder to fight over than in Afghanistan.

Reason why i think terrain is very important is the fact that Talibans manage to survive for decades, even when facing such military might as USA, after the Soviets in 1979.

Common sense is what western politicians lack. Saudis, on the other hand, do not even know the meaning of common sense.

• Like 2

There is one minor side-issue that amuses me about this story.

Usually, the western MSM go into great details about weapons technology when incidents like this happen. And indeed some have now reported what the type of ballistic missile was fired against Riyadh. But most have been VERY coy as to HOW the Saudi's managed to intercept this inbound missile ?

It seems the Saudi' would prefer the media NOT to highlight the fact that it was intercepted by a Western missile defense system. (the Patriot ABM), and that they where saved by their theological enemies.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, The Russian Hare said:

They almost totally funded AQ Khan's work in Pok-ee-stahn...  Somehow, I doubt their time-frame for becoming a nuclear state will be quite as long as Iran's has been.  THEN, we can watch as Egypt tests.  Hey, it's only FAIR, right?  If the U.S. can have the big fire, then everyone has a RIGHT to be just as insane.  :no:

Probably some version of the Patriot.  I hear Erdog's hankerin' for some S-400 love.  I don't know yet but if it turns out that the F-35 can slip in on the S-4/500, Erdog and lots of other buyers are going to have a bad taste in their mouths...  OTOH... Lockheed/Martin may just go out of business if they can't...