Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
BrooklynGuy

College Basketball 2017/2018 Season

61 posts in this topic

BrooklynGuy

Well I lost my first one, Miami couldn't get it done. :td:

• Like 2

Myles
13 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Well I lost my first one, Miami couldn't get it done. :td:

I actually picked that one correct.  

OK, I forgot about the bonus scoring.   I guess correct upset picks net you extra points.   I seen that all 3 of us picked 12 games correct, but I had 5 more points.  

I don't really have anymore upsets going forward.   Just 9 beating an 8 and one 10 beating a 7.   Those would be worth 1 and 3 bonus points (the bonus is the difference between the seeds).  

Rank
Owner
Bracket
Correct Picks
Total Pts
-
23786381217_c78a53_16sq.jpgDon
ZZ
-

Group Scoring

Round Correct Pick Seed Difference Multiplier
Maximum Possible 192 points --
Round of 64 1 pt 1
Round of 32 2 pts 1
Round of 16 4 pts 1
Round of 8 8 pts 1
Round of 4 16 pts 1
National Final 32 pts 1

This bracket is in a group that uses custom scoring, as described above. All brackets are also scored under the default Yahoo scoring for the Overall Leaderboard, which is 1-2-4-8-16-32.

This group also uses a Seed Differential bonus. For any correct picks where the underdog wins, you will receive bonus points equal to the winning team's seed minus the losing team's seed, multiplied by the seed bonus values above.
  • Like 2

BrooklynGuy
18 minutes ago, Myles said:

I actually picked that one correct.  

OK, I forgot about the bonus scoring.   I guess correct upset picks net you extra points.   I seen that all 3 of us picked 12 games correct, but I had 5 more points.  

I don't really have anymore upsets going forward.   Just 9 beating an 8 and one 10 beating a 7.   Those would be worth 1 and 3 bonus points (the bonus is the difference between the seeds).  

Rank
Owner
Bracket
Correct Picks
Total Pts
-
23786381217_c78a53_16sq.jpgDon
ZZ
-

Group Scoring

Round Correct Pick Seed Difference Multiplier
Maximum Possible 192 points --
Round of 64 1 pt 1
Round of 32 2 pts 1
Round of 16 4 pts 1
Round of 8 8 pts 1
Round of 4 16 pts 1
National Final 32 pts 1

This bracket is in a group that uses custom scoring, as described above. All brackets are also scored under the default Yahoo scoring for the Overall Leaderboard, which is 1-2-4-8-16-32.

This group also uses a Seed Differential bonus. For any correct picks where the underdog wins, you will receive bonus points equal to the winning team's seed minus the losing team's seed, multiplied by the seed bonus values above.

Thanks for the update Myles, we all did very well in that round. I almost picked Buffalo should have stuck with my gut. Another full slate of games today.

• Like 1

.ZZ.

I'm out gentleman, I didn't know the rules. I can't make new picks now. :huh:

Good luck you 2 guys.

• Like 1

BrooklynGuy
36 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I'm out gentleman, I didn't know the rules. I can't make new picks now. :huh:

Good luck you 2 guys.

Thats ok ZZ it will give myles and I a chance to win since you have been winning everything for the last couple of years. :nw:

• Like 2

BrooklynGuy

Well Purdue was my last team in the Tourney. Nice to see 3 Cinderella teams in the elite 8. Obviously the winner of the Kansas St. vs Loyola Chicago will make the final four and Florida st is still alive.

• Like 1

BrooklynGuy

Final Four Field Is Set: Sister Jean and the Ramblers Will Be Joined by Trio of Elites

Upsets defined the NCAA tournament for most of the last two weeks, marking even more madness this March than usual. Sister Jean became the most famous nun in sports. A No. 16 seed (UMBC) topped a No. 1 seed (Virginia) for the first time in the men’s tournament. Buffalo busted brackets. So did Kansas State and Florida State and Syracuse.

Read more: https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... la-chicago

• Like 1

BrooklynGuy

Alright you guys I'm picking Loyola to continue it's run tomorrow over Michigan and Villanova over Kansas. 

• Like 1