Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rare 17th Century Australia map found

Still Waters

Me too - that's just awesomely beautiful!  Interestingly, all of the places where I have lived are .. missing.

Thank goodness I've holidayed in some of the parts shown..

• Like 5

I think part of it is that maps were an art form and more appreciated than current maps which are a dime a dozen.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, _KB_ said:

... ever wonder what a kangaroo tastes like...

Like Captain was first told ... kangaroo ...

:yes:

~

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Like Captain was first told ... kangaroo ...

:yes:

~

strange i always thought that it meant "i don't understand" rather than "i don't know", you learn something new every day, nice answer by the way

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, _KB_ said:

strange i always thought that it meant "i don't understand" rather than "i don't know", you learn something new every day, nice answer by the way

Updated along the way I guess, from my days as a kid it was 'I don't know'

thanks ... welcome aboard by the way ...

~

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

thanks ... welcome aboard by the way ...

~

glad to be here!

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:39 PM, _KB_ said:

... ever wonder what a kangaroo tastes like...

To me it was kind of sweetish and rich. Not sure if that is because of the way it is cooked. I had roo skewers cooked over an open flame. There are 3.5 million of them about to be hunted down we should export the meat out.

my friend's parents live in Australia she goes there every few years, she brought me kangaroo jerky once , it was softer than beef jerky, tasted sweeter, not as dry, but smell was unpleasant a bit. no it was not spoiled.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:00 PM, third_eye said:

~

Sorry to ruin a good story (which I'd also heard) but apparently the word kangaroo comes from a local indigenous word for...drumroll...the kangaroo!

From Wikipedia: The word "kangaroo" derives from the Guugu Yimthirr word gangurru, referring to grey kangaroos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter B said:

Sorry to ruin a good story (which I'd also heard) but apparently the word kangaroo comes from a local indigenous word for...drumroll...the kangaroo!

From Wikipedia: The word "kangaroo" derives from the Guugu Yimthirr word gangurru, referring to grey kangaroos.

Let's not start burning outdated Educational Ministry Approved Syllabus publications (Cambridge if I remember correctly) in a merry olde bonfire now shall we ?

:lol:

I grew up reading hand me downs from Aunts and Uncles who studied overseas, funny thing is if I'm not wrong. my Uncle did his University stint in Germany while the Aunts were somewhere North of London ...

~

Edited by third_eye
typed too fast for aging Keyboard