Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
seeder

I was born on Mars... claims Boy

146 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

You fundamentally cannot go through life with this sort of outlook. If everyone did this then the scientific method would have been stillborn. There is no reason or evidence for a kid to be a reincarnated anything, let alone a Martian. Apply critical thinking and you'll see that there is nothing to argue about.

All I can say is science has its limits and the unexplained knows no bounds.

Thanks for your interesting responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, taniwha said:

All I can say is science has its limits and the unexplained knows no bounds.

That's because the "unexplained" is almost entire made up of human speculation, which I agree, has no bounds.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Energy needs to be redistributed in a system trying to reach thermal equilibrium so it creates life for the purpose of doing so more efficiently?

Sounds a bit far fetched.  Do you have any evidence of this claim?  Did non-life decide this on its own or was there an outside influence?

Where are all the other biological energy distributors in the universe hiding? Let me guess... other systems trying to reach thermal equilibrium?

No, nothing "creates life" for anything. It is a natural process, and one that is well understood. And yes, basically your first sentence is correct, even if you are trying to add agency in to the mix.

The earth has a stable, life-friendly atmosphere. You find another planet with that and you'll probably find life. We haven't found one that we can explore properly (i.e. Mars' atmosphere is very thin and radioactive, while Venus has a runaway greenhouse affect. Neither of these planets are suitable for the sort of life we see on earth).

Hang on - entropy being a key factor in life is "far fetched" and then you bang on about "life forces flowing through your veins"??? Come on mate, get a bit of perspective.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Cannot an energy system function just as it should without biological input? 

I'm not seeing any necessary connections.  

I don't think you really understand the subject, if I may be so bold. Biological systems are energy systems too. I don't know what your point is here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Well not all humans are afraid of death because they believe in an afterlife.

Life force is that energy which you can feel coursing through your veins. Without it your body would be dead.

"Life force" is not a thing, and it's galling that you ask me to cite something as basic as thermodynamics and then come up with a totally baseless claim like this.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, taniwha said:

Well not all humans are afraid of death because they believe in an afterlife.

Life force is that energy which you can feel coursing through your veins. Without it your body would be dead.

Humans constructed After Life precisely because they feared No Life...also known as Death.

Adrenaline is what you feel coursing through your body.  You kind of have it bass ackwards...the only reason....the only reason...life exists is because their is a body that supports it.  Without the body...there is no life.   

As far as the original story...children have vivid imaginations.   Wow! Now there is a concept!

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

No, nothing "creates life" for anything. It is a natural process, and one that is well understood. And yes, basically your first sentence is correct, even if you are trying to add agency in to the mix.

The earth has a stable, life-friendly atmosphere. You find another planet with that and you'll probably find life. We haven't found one that we can explore properly (i.e. Mars' atmosphere is very thin and radioactive, while Venus has a runaway greenhouse affect. Neither of these planets are suitable for the sort of life we see on earth).

Hang on - entropy being a key factor in life is "far fetched" and then you bang on about "life forces flowing through your veins"??? Come on mate, get a bit of perspective.

My problem with your scenario is why does there need to be life at all?

Your theory is that biological systems are created to redistribute energy more efficiently.  Why is that so necessary?

Is the universe, in particular earth, under time pressures to achieve equilibrium?

Sorry but the idea is ludicrous. I'm at a loss to understand the need for energy to be redistributed in such biological fashion.  To what ends do you believe it is happening on earth?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

I don't think you really understand the subject, if I may be so bold. Biological systems are energy systems too. I don't know what your point is here.

The point is as above.  Why throw biological systems into the energy mix.

If life were so purposeful and efficient why isn't it out performing every other type of known energy systems?

Where is all this universal life?  If it is out there the only thing it seems efficient at is remaining scarce.  Hardly efficient by any stretch of imagination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

"Life force" is not a thing, and it's galling that you ask me to cite something as basic as thermodynamics and then come up with a totally baseless claim like this.

Life force is not the only thing unrecognized by science.  Do you believe nothing until it is signed off by scientists?

You do believe you have your own mind at least don't you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, joc said:

Humans constructed After Life precisely because they feared No Life...also known as Death.

Adrenaline is what you feel coursing through your body.  You kind of have it bass ackwards...the only reason....the only reason...life exists is because their is a body that supports it.  Without the body...there is no life.   

As far as the original story...children have vivid imaginations.   Wow! Now there is a concept!

Do you think life is energy?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2017 at 0:12 AM, Essan said:

 

 

Indeed.  In a previous life I was a small piece of airbourne algae living peacefully in the methane clouds around a super-giant gas planet orbiting delta ceti.  Until a lesser-nearly-neatly-spotted-wipper-whopper-mangler bird ate me  :(    And no-one can prove otherwise  :D 

I can verify this This is one of the planets i visited as a child.   However you were eaten before you grew into adult hood, where you would have become a giant, carpet sized, floating membrane,  maybe 20 yards/metres  long and 10 yards/metres wide    gaining nutrients from the methane clouds and energy from the sun  Indeed this species does have an advanced form of self aware consciousness as adults as it s whole body incorporates a brain  built into its body,  which encompasses almost the entire area of the body,  simultaneously with other sensory and operative organisms  They have no technology but a very enjoyable and satisfying life      They aren't actually birds which attacked  you,  you realise. More of a reptilian winged  creature :) And you made up the name The membranes have no sense of hearing nor any way of speaking, and indeed there is no species on that planet capable of giving names  to other species   The membranes navigate and respond to threat by a form of  evolved bio electrical  capability which detects any approaching objects and can discharge a shock at any predator.  If the y COULD hear the attacking winged reptiles, they might call them  "Caarks"   as this is the sound the y make

I found these to be one of the most fascinating, beautiful and peaceful of  the many sapient species i found while exploring the galaxy. They were not predators and had a natural defence against the very few aerial predators on the planet They reproduced by  separating smaller sections off from themselves,  as adults, which slowly grew the  full structure and capabilities of an adult.  I only had a short visit and never saw any young  So i was unaware they might be predated upon, but i guess it makes sense,  as a population control method.  .

Ps it is interesting how methane affects the sound ( or a t least the perception of  hearing)  of voices  and other noises .just as it does on other planets in or solar system with different atmospheres. 

.   http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/9181253/Scientists-replicate-sounds-on-Mars-and-Venus.html

https://www.universetoday.com/122104/what-do-other-planets-sound-like/

Edited by Mr Walker
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, taniwha said:

Do you think life is energy?  

I think:

Energy is the only thing that exists.  Infinite Energy, expressing itself in an infinite number of ways, on an infinite number of levels, for an infinite number of purposes...none of which I am really privy to.

Life is energy...Fire is energy.  Both can be extinguished.   The energy of the Fire isn't lost.  It is found in the wind of the heat of the fire...in the smoke from the flame.   But Fire, once extinguished cannot and will not ever become Fire somewhere else.  It is here, it consumes, it  feeds, and it is gone.   Forever.  Life is no different taniwha.  The energy is never lost...it is all there is.  But in order for Life to exist...it must consume, it must feed...and it feeds on other Life.  :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, joc said:

I think:

Energy is the only thing that exists.  Infinite Energy, expressing itself in an infinite number of ways, on an infinite number of levels, for an infinite number of purposes...none of which I am really privy to.

Life is energy...Fire is energy.  Both can be extinguished.   The energy of the Fire isn't lost.  It is found in the wind of the heat of the fire...in the smoke from the flame.   But Fire, once extinguished cannot and will not ever become Fire somewhere else.  It is here, it consumes, it  feeds, and it is gone.   Forever.  Life is no different taniwha.  The energy is never lost...it is all there is.  But in order for Life to exist...it must consume, it must feed...and it feeds on other Life.  :)

However a fire is not a biological phenomena just as stars are not trees.

Infinite energy will behave in ways not predicted by current science and will continue to do so. 

The universe is an infinitely vast space so not all things are known but that doesn't make them any less true.  It simply makes them unknown but thanks for your reply it's time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, taniwha said:

However a fire is not a biological phenomena just as stars are not trees.

Infinite energy will behave in ways not predicted by current science and will continue to do so. 

The universe is an infinitely vast space so not all things are known but that doesn't make them any less true.  It simply makes them unknown but thanks for your reply it's time to move on.

We can move on.   I don't know that the universe is an infinitely vast space...only that it is infinite.  And...energy does behave in exactly the ways predicted by current science....and it will continue to do so.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 1:54 AM, taniwha said:

My problem with your scenario is why does there need to be life at all?

Your theory is that biological systems are created to redistribute energy more efficiently.  Why is that so necessary?

Is the universe, in particular earth, under time pressures to achieve equilibrium?

Sorry but the idea is ludicrous. I'm at a loss to understand the need for energy to be redistributed in such biological fashion.  To what ends do you believe it is happening on earth?

 

Well, just because you don't understand it doesn't mean no one does. Arguments from personal ignorance aren't really valid arguments.

Life - because it eats, poos and procreates - redistributes the energy it receives from the sun much better than, say, a rock would. All systems are trying to reach thermal equilibrium. Life is part of that system.

I genuinely don't know how else to explain it, its not a far fetched idea, but what I will say is that you, of all people, calling a simple scientific model as "ludicrous" is definite pot/kettle situation.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 1:59 AM, taniwha said:

The point is as above.  Why throw biological systems into the energy mix.

If life were so purposeful and efficient why isn't it out performing every other type of known energy systems?

What are you talking about? I genuinely don't understand what question it is you're trying to ask, and I have a feeling you don't either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 2:03 AM, taniwha said:

Life force is not the only thing unrecognized by science.  Do you believe nothing until it is signed off by scientists?

You do believe you have your own mind at least don't you?

It's nothing to do with what I personally believe, and this is where you fall down. The universe and the way it works should not be subject to your own personal subjective interpretation. 

I go where the evidence points, I don't decide before hand what I want to see and then go looking for it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, taniwha said:

Infinite energy will behave in ways not predicted by current science and will continue to do so. 

Meaningless on so many levels.

Edited by Emma_Acid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Well, just because you don't understand it doesn't mean no one does. Arguments from personal ignorance aren't really valid arguments.

Life - because it eats, poos and procreates - redistributes the energy it receives from the sun much better than, say, a rock would. All systems are trying to reach thermal equilibrium. Life is part of that system.

I genuinely don't know how else to explain it, its not a far fetched idea, but what I will say is that you, of all people, calling a simple scientific model as "ludicrous" is definite pot/kettle situation.

Some people can only maintain their state of perpetual credulity by a sort of militant, pro-active ignorance. For whatever reason, they think gormless wonder is itself a valuable mental state, that it somehow connects them more deeply and truly to some grade-school version of Platonic or metaphysical Truth: they're somehow wiser and better people because they're easily impressable. In reality, rather than take the trouble to learn something -- anything -- they throw out platitudinous, vague questions that can't really be answered in anything less than a 90-minute lecture or book chapter and then whine when that answer takes effort to understand.

If someone asks them a question they want to respond to, they'll throw around a jumble of scientific buzz words they don't actually understand and then condescendingly explain with Jesus/Buddha/a small pebble from outside Gdansk/giant, omnipotent Space Hounds, they have a unique understanding of truth and are really far smarter and far more virtuous than other people because of their open-mindedness. 

Or maybe I'm totally wrong and something entirely different is going on in this thread.

--Jaylemurph 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 9:27 PM, Mr Walker said:

I can verify this This is one of the planets i visited as a child.   However you were eaten before you grew into adult hood, where you would have become a giant, carpet sized, floating membrane,  maybe 20 yards/metres  long and 10 yards/metres wide    gaining nutrients from the methane clouds and energy from the sun  Indeed this species does have an advanced form of self aware consciousness as adults as it s whole body incorporates a brain  built into its body,  which encompasses almost the entire area of the body,  simultaneously with other sensory and operative organisms  They have no technology but a very enjoyable and satisfying life      They aren't actually birds which attacked  you,  you realise. More of a reptilian winged  creature :) And you made up the name The membranes have no sense of hearing nor any way of speaking, and indeed there is no species on that planet capable of giving names  to other species   The membranes navigate and respond to threat by a form of  evolved bio electrical  capability which detects any approaching objects and can discharge a shock at any predator.  If the y COULD hear the attacking winged reptiles, they might call them  "Caarks"   as this is the sound the y make

I found these to be one of the most fascinating, beautiful and peaceful of  the many sapient species i found while exploring the galaxy. They were not predators and had a natural defence against the very few aerial predators on the planet They reproduced by  separating smaller sections off from themselves,  as adults, which slowly grew the  full structure and capabilities of an adult.  I only had a short visit and never saw any young  So i was unaware they might be predated upon, but i guess it makes sense,  as a population control method.  .

Ps it is interesting how methane affects the sound ( or a t least the perception of  hearing)  of voices  and other noises .just as it does on other planets in or solar system with different atmospheres. 

.   http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/9181253/Scientists-replicate-sounds-on-Mars-and-Venus.html

https://www.universetoday.com/122104/what-do-other-planets-sound-like/

Once upon a time, while driving down a busy street in  Dallas, and after consuming almost an entire mixed can of peanuts, almonds, cashews, etc, I had an acute allergic reaction...mild, not anaphylactic. My face begin to swell and my eyes as well, and they itched terribly.

My doctor told me that because the can was mixed, it was impossible to tell which of the legumes had caused the allergic reaction.

I think it was the almonds...but then again I just don't know.  

I therefore make it a habit to avoid nuts of all kinds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone faked his memory. There is no other life in this dimension. There is life in Zetha parallel dimension and they don't like to become humans so they will never become one.

Edited by raketata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.