Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Ghostbusters" sought to rescue Thai village

The Caspian Hare

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/2118736/ghostbusters-sought-rescue-haunted-thai-village

Ghostbusters sought to rescue ‘haunted’ Thai village

Ghostbusters were out and officials are stepping into a village in Thailand’s Kalasin Province haunted by a ghost.

Public health and livestock officials are on their way to help residents of Ban Na Bong in Nong Kung Si district.

District chief Wirat Ratcharee on Monday sought help from the public health and livestock offices in the province to provide health checks for all people and animals in the village.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2017 at 8:21 PM, The Russian Hare said:

Phi pob is a Thai ghost which eats raw meat. Rural villagers believe human beings and animals can be possessed by phi pob, which would eat their internal organs, leaving them dead.

I ordered the Phi pob in a Thai restaurant once, guess this explains the upset stomach the following morning!

Seriously though, one would of thought this theory easy to disprove. An autopsy should discover partially eaten organs if it's an organ eating ghost. They can't even claim sacred rights for some of the bodies as they are animals.

Edit: How do you delete a comment if you posted it twice by accident, i can't seem to find the delete button

Edited by _KB_

The aim will be to rule out paranormal explanations in an effort to pacify the frightened villagers.

so they think that saying "hey there's a flesh eating virus going around that eat's your internal organs, so i'f you have a stomachache it probably means you're a dead man walking"  would be more comforting to tell the villagers than watch out for ghosts... OK... doesn't seem like something that would pacify people to me but OK...

Edited by _KB_
Typos

Doctors and vets should cure this one .  The villagers have heard about doctors and vets?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, as above, surely an autopsy would show some form of parasite or disease/decomposition of organs?

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 9:09 AM, thefourthhaunting said:

Hmm, as above, surely an autopsy would show some form of parasite or disease/decomposition of organs?

Unless they can’t afford a doctor or vet to run the tests. Maybe the ghostbusters were cheaper! :D 

• Like 1