Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What kind of person are you?

XenoFish

On 15. 11. 2017. at 1:04 PM, XenoFish said:

Once I start voicing my knowledge and opinions, flame wars break out. So this time I'd rather keep it all to myself.

That's the spirit.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2017 at 7:04 AM, XenoFish said:

Once I start voicing my knowledge and opinions, flame wars break out. So this time I'd rather keep it all to myself.

Get some drums, all sit in a nice circle round the fire.. Maybe we can get the girls to dance. :tu:

• Like 3

On 04/12/2017 at 9:32 AM, Mr. Argon said:

That's the spirit.

:rolleyes:

Lol..... Smiley Face!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 11:27 PM, Grandpa Greenman said:

Get some drums, all sit in a nice circle round the fire.. Maybe we can get the girls to dance. :tu:

I'll grab the gasoline and play duck, duck, goose to see who I set on fire first.

• Like 5

What kind of person are you because of your beliefs? 

I think I'm a very logical person. Like, I tend to use a common sense approach in most of situations.

How does your beliefs affect your lives?

I guess I've changed dramatically. Before I used to blame others now I'm in charge of my own fate. I work and sacrifice for my own success and things have been going allright since I rely on my own strenght to do things. 

Have they made life better? Worse?

I think it is better now. I've developed a higher respect for things. I don't need to fear or praise something, I'm good believing on my own.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 1:00 PM, XenoFish said:

What kind of person are you because of your beliefs? 

I feel that because I am a Christian, I live for others, I don't live for myself. This is very fulfilling.

It just seems to me that if you serve yourself, and aim at self improvement/actualization, that is selfish. You are only helping yourself. Sure, you might feel fantastic, but you are only a fantastic individual. If you are community oriented, and serve others before yourself, you are making Everyone Else feel fantastic. Imagine if everyone served everyone else?

How does your beliefs affect your lives?

I constantly work at improving my environment, and providing for others, thus not allowing time for me to do what I would like to do. I send money to many organization, and thus deny that money to myself. I give constantly, and.... I am so very happy with seeing the results in my children and wife. They are so happy in their lives. 

Have they made life better? Worse?

Much happier. When I was single and a non-Believer, I was lonely constantly. I sought out any kind of interaction... Spending tons of money online in games. Going to bars and getting drunk. Buying expensive meals that I didn't need, that didn't make me feel any better. I thought about suicide relatively often. I worked a crap job for almost nothing and didn't care. I lived in a slum and didn't care. I got in fights, and lost friends, and didn't care. I was living for the moment, because the future didn't have any attraction for me, just more of the same.

When you live for your family, their happiness is your own happiness. I think those who focus on themselves to the expense of their family/friends aren't doing themselves any favors.

Edited by DieChecker