Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Millennium Falcon spotted in a field in Surrey

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Millennium Falcon spotted in a field in Surrey

...And in further news the "tarp" company has been banned from defense contracts to supply camouflage...

Just kidding.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kismit said:

When you think about exotic filming locations, Surrey is not usually at the top of the list.

Cheap to film there. The council just wanted the  P.R. I see it in New Jersey all the time.

So a new Star Wars movie and the latest one isn't out yet.  I guess Disney wants to keep soaking a good thing.

Edited by paperdyer
fixed typos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Cheap to film there. The council just wanted the  P.R. I see it in New Jersey all the time.

Surry is not cheap  by a long shot

• Like 1

When working on the Star Trek reboot back in 08, we had to take some rather extreme measures to hide set pieces in transit and on location and could not entirely avoid picture grabbers, there was too much hype.  Sometimes spending weeks of additional labor and material building cover for certain pieces.

I recall one prep day, working in the Tustin Blimp Hangars, preparing for one of the initial shuttle scenes, when a paparazzi helicopter desperate for a shot, flew into the hangar doors, only to see a group of propmakers laying chalk lines on the floor before beginning construction. 

In some instances it was not possible to hide anything, like the shot for the ice planet/spock meeting scene/drilling platform scenes which were set up on the hilltop of the Dodger Stadium parking lot.  There was no ability to hide it at all.  It was longer than a football field and four stories high. 

Good times.

• Like 2

Looks like the cockpit wasn't connected at the time of the photo. It should be sticking out the side on the right side of the ship. Even with the shadow of the cargo container going over the ship, I don't think there is room for the cockpit to be hiding.

On 08/11/2017 at 6:22 PM, Kismit said:

When you think about exotic filming locations, Surrey is not usually at the top of the list.

Most of the Star Wars films were made just down the road at Pinetree Studios in London.

• Like 1

And next week, we discover a man's modified robin reliant. 

A real mind screw would be if that was a model trainset with a micro machines falcon.