Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wolf Size Otter with a Nasty Bite

Piney

I saw my first up close otter this summer. Thankfully he was only 1/10th the size.

• Like 5

The Northern Sea Otter males are in the same size range and can weigh in excess of a hundred pounds(46 kilos) but lack the massive jaws of this species.

• Like 4

everything was bigger back than i've read about flying predator as big as jumbo jet, and dragonflies 2-3 feet long, they think oxygen level was higher back than, biologists did an experiment, they had dragonflies grow in oxygen rich environment, they did grow huge,

Do we have proof the critter ate anything or is this just a theory?  It's a good one, but it seems strange that the modern otter, as cute and funny as they are, only eat fish.  Maybe the fish were nastier back then and the otter needed the jaws.

• Like 1

Just now, paperdyer said:

Do we have proof the critter ate anything or is this just a theory?  It's a good one, but it seems strange that the modern otter, as cute and funny as they are, only eat fish.  Maybe the fish were nastier back then and the otter needed the jaws.

yea, if otters were the size of a wolf, how big were the wolves?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, aztek said:

yea, if otters were the size of a wolf, how big were the wolves?

About the size of the otter. 

• Like 1