Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump judge nominee has never tried a case

Farmer77

Holy hell, theyre just trolling now right? 

Trump judge nominee, 36, who has never tried a case, wins approval of Senate panel

Brett J. Talley, President Trump’s nominee to be a federal judge in Alabama, has never tried a case, was unanimously rated “not qualified” by the American Bar Assn.’s judicial rating committee, has practiced law for only three years and, as a blogger last year, displayed a degree of partisanship unusual for a judicial nominee, denouncing “Hillary Rotten Clinton” and pledging support for the National Rifle Assn.

• Like 3

I don't know anything about this particular person. But John MArshall, Louis Brandeis, Earl Warren, Felix Frankfurter and William Renquist were never judges before they were appointed to Supreme Court. It isn't a requirement to be a federal judge.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

I don't know anything about this particular person. But John MArshall, Louis Brandeis, Earl Warren, Felix Frankfurter and William Renquist were never judges before they were appointed to Supreme Court. It isn't a requirement to be a federal judge.

Sure but this dude has only practiced law for 3 years.  As in only been a freaking lawyer for 3 years. Dont we want better than that from our federal judiciary? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure but this dude has only practiced law for 3 years.  As in only been a freaking lawyer for 3 years. Dont we want better than that from our federal judiciary? 

Translation: A more Liberal nominee.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure. I am just saying experience as a judge is not required to become a federal judge and several famous ones had none.

Technically speaking you do not even need a law degree although I would be surprised if anyone without one was ever appointed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Now thats not fair, I celebrated the Gorsuch nomination (which btw tries to autocorrect to grouch LOL) .  I just dont think that someone with 3 years experience in their field is at the pinnacle of said field and I want nothing less than that from our federal judiciary. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Surely there was a conservative with far more experience?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Now thats not fair, I celebrated the Gorsuch nomination (which btw tries to autocorrect to grouch LOL) .  I just dont think that someone with 3 years experience in their field is at the pinnacle of said field and I want nothing less than that from our federal judiciary. 

I like your autocorrect.

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Surely there was a conservative with far more experience?

I would think...

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The older I get the more pleased I am to see freshly educated people who are more up to date with the times. I'm getting tired of all of these old farts with their archaic ideas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

The older I get the more pleased I am to see freshly educated people who are more up to date with the times. I'm getting tired of all of these old farts with their archaic ideas.

Thats great but when speaking of a judge who has control over the lives of human beings I would feel more comfortable with someone who knew what they were doing. 

Sometimes ideology needs to take a back seat to common sense. This would seem to be one of those times IMO 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sometimes ideology needs to take a back seat to common sense.

What ideology is that? Do you have any evidence he doesn't have any common sense? 

I'm just asking because much of what I have found out about him is from the LA Times. They aren't exactly known to be impartial either.

56 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sometimes ideology needs to take a back seat to common sense.

Don't go telling our politicians this. The last thing we need in our government is common sense. People working together and getting things accomplished, are you out of your mind?  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

What ideology is that? Do you have any evidence he doesn't have any common sense? 

I'm just asking because much of what I have found out about him is from the LA Times. They aren't exactly known to be impartial either.

As much as you can find about him comes from one source alone should set off alarm bells.

He's a complete unknown who was mentored by the guy who replaced Jeff Sessions in Alabama?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ogbin said:

Don't go telling our politicians this. The last thing we need in our government is common sense. People working together and getting things accomplished, are you out of your mind?  

I'm not sure what rational thinking is considered to be these days, to be honest.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

As much as you can find about him comes from one source alone should set off alarm bells.

He's a complete unknown who was mentored by the guy who replaced Jeff Sessions in Alabama?

Okay, I'm going to have to keep my mouth shut about mentors:innocent:

There is only one person I think of when that word is mentioned these days. *insert evil, snarky laugh here* :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michelle said:

hat ideology is that? Do you have any evidence he doesn't have any common sense? 

In this case its republican/right leaning ideology. They want him in that position exactly because he is so young, they want their ideology cemented on the bench for the next 40 years - thats almost a verbatim quote from Trump. That definitely makes sense for the party it just might not for the nation. 

No im not saying HE doesnt have common sense. Hell im sure he is an extremely bright individual. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

In this case its republican/right leaning ideology. They want him in that position exactly because he is so young, they want their ideology cemented on the bench for the next 40 years - thats almost a verbatim quote from Trump. That definitely makes sense for the party it just might not for the nation. 

No im not saying HE doesnt have common sense. Hell im sure he is an extremely bright individual. 

You do realize that is the standard practice of both parties'?

Be careful...:unsure2:...you may be accused of labeling people. You may even be accused of ageism.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Michelle said:

You do realize that is the standard practice of both parties'?

Be careful...:unsure2:...you may be accused of labeling people. You may even be accused of ageism.

It's elder abuse I say! :P

• Like 5

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

It's elder abuse I say! :P

I think we could make a case! ;)

:lol:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I see by your avatar that you are a Russian troll trying to keep America from being great again.   You do realize that conservatives and liberals can agree on a number of topics?  A judge is supposed to understand the law and decide cases on legal precedent.  He doesn't have the power under our Constitution to make stuff up.  Many of us would be satisfied with someone who can do that much.  I don't care that he has never tried a case.  His personal opinions are inconsequential if he does not let them interfere with dispensation of justice.  The only point in question is how fast can he do his homework?  If he has practiced law for three years and spent a lot of that time as a blogger, is he prepared to be a judge?   Pick a conservative that has been around for 20 years with a reputation for honesty and fairness.  There are plenty around. There is a good chance that he will have the wisdom to be a better judge.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I see by your avatar that you are a Russian troll trying to keep America from being great again.   You do realize that conservatives and liberals can agree on a number of topics?  A judge is supposed to understand the law and decide cases on legal precedent.  He doesn't have the power under our Constitution to make stuff up.  Many of us would be satisfied with someone who can do that much.  I don't care that he has never tried a case.  His personal opinions are inconsequential if he does not let them interfere with dispensation of justice.  The only point in question is how fast can he do his homework?  If he has practiced law for three years and spent a lot of that time as a blogger, is he prepared to be a judge?   Pick a conservative that has been around for 20 years with a reputation for honesty and fairness.  There are plenty around. There is a good chance that he will have the wisdom to be a better judge.

LOL, just in case you aren't being sarcastic, I can see by your default avatar that you haven't taken the initiative to make your own.

• Like 2

Ok, I just read my previous comment and I sound like a cantankerous old Fudd (as in Elmer).  I started out joking about ZZ's avatar but I got pretty humorless.  Maybe I am cantankerous.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Forget not trying a case.  Why can't these outstanding nominees figure out how to answer straightforward questions on paperwork?  This administration is making a mockery of the system.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-court-pick-forgot-mention-203019576.html

Holy hell what an absolute cornucopia of wanton corruption this administration is. Yet , folks still defend them.